Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:30 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Best Torrent App
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:00 pm 

Depends on what your needs are. Unless you plan on seeding thousands of torrents they are all generally the same for simply downloading/uploading a sensible amount of files.

I vote Qbittorrent because there are good docker containers available that include vpn functionality (see binhex/qbittorentvpn) and it can handle quite a lot of torrents, but it does seem to have its limits. Can handle easily over 1k large sized torrents without any work but anything beyond that you probably need to make changes to the container and its resources to make it work properly. Qbittorrent also has a categorisation system which is handy for classifying downloading types and putting them in certain defined places.

I'm not aware of a solution to handle extremely large volumes of torrents seeding (lets say 10,000+ big torrents). I just seed the stuff I see as important (packs and BJJ stuff I think that is good).

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2