[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [Poll] The toughest division in the UFC

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 7:25 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]

What is the toughest division in the UFC?
Lightweight 7%  7%  [ 2 ]
Welterweight 25%  25%  [ 7 ]
Middleweight 4%  4%  [ 1 ]
Light Heavyweight 54%  54%  [ 15 ]
Heavyweight 11%  11%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 28
 Post subject: [Poll] The toughest division in the UFC
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:27 pm 

I'm not necessarily talking about the champion of the division and how hard it is to take him down, but just the wealth of talent in the division.

Post subject: Re: The toughest division in the UFC
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:13 pm 

Light Heavyweight? Really? I'd put Lightweight well before Light Heavyweight (I voted for Welterweight by the way). I would have agreed a couple of years ago but not now. Can someone explain/give their opinion on why they think Light Heavyweight is where it's at?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 12:08 am 

How could it not be olight heavyweight the title has changed hands alot. Chuck Lidell a year ago was dominating the division mow can't hang with the top of the division. If you think he can that which I'm pretty sure many do that even further proves the point. Unlike every other weight class were no one is really competing for the title anyone can win on any given night with light heavyweight.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:53 am 
Special

Light weight ruled by penn.....despite belt being with edgar two horse division

welter weight...GSP...rules it

Middle weight Anderson silva still a monster and sick mma fighter rules that division

Light heavy weight...Rua, Rampage, Evans, Machida, Franklin, Anderson Silva, Randy, some might say Griffin too and of course Jon jones ...all in the mix its the toughest division easy so many good fighters in there on a level.

..::::..

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:40 pm 

Hmmmmm I kinda agree with you there. Although GSP, Jon Fitch, Jake Shields (Strikeforce, I know but he could hit UFC), Thiago Alves, Matt Hughes are stars at welterweight, it also has a lot more depth to it (Baroni, Volkmann, Swick, Condit, Serra, Sadollah, Davis, Hardy, Koscheck (even though I f**kn hate him), Lytle), whereas the fighters you've listed aren't exactly spring chickens anymore. For the new age MMA fighter, 205 is kinda the standard weight because they're big guys who can grapple as well as break your face.

The argument that lightweight is a two horse race is a ludicrous thing to say. Ever heard of Sean Sherk, Danzig, Gomi, Florian, Escudero, Griffin, Stevenson, Guillard, Maynard, Guida or Jose Aldo (who'll be in the UFC in 6 months, guaranteed)?

I look at the holding onto the belt thing from a different angle. Not that the competition is so good they lose it every defense, but the opposite. Their game plans are too easy to figure out, most championship defeats come from real basic mistakes (Shogun vs Machida 2).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 2:25 am 

see but you stating Jake Shields automatically disqualifies that division since a competitor from a different org can be mentioned as a threat in the division. I think the UFC light heavyweight is the only division where the UFC has all the top people in that division. I don't see anybody from any org being able to go into that division and being able to compete.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 7:04 am 

Regarding Jake Shields, I did put in brackets because it may be possible he could join the UFC and go up to 180 to tackle Silva. That's all I was stating (well, not the last part).

In regards to the light heavyweights, some of the champions they stole from PRIDE and other orgs, so who's to say a fighter from another org won't swoop in and take that belt that cannot be defended. Again, I see the fact that the belt changing hands all the time in the light heavyweight div. not as a sign of talent in the div., but a sign of lack of talent because they can't defend it. The light heavyweight div. at the moment is like a one-off match for the interim title, or a mini tourno from the old UFC days. So I just have a different view of the division.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 9:09 am 
Special

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:06 am 

When Chuck was ruling it it was a great division to watch. It's always been good to watch because they're big enough to knock someone out and limber enough to submit and grapple. Now I can't wait for the Carwin/Lesnar fight. Nowadays, I love watching the little guys in lightweight, bantamweight, featherweight, shit like that because they're f**kn crazy. These guys you would laugh at because theyre 5'4" kicking the crap out of people at a furious pace and ripping eachothers heads off. I'm gathering the UFC is going to merge the WEC into the UFC so they can have all the weights under lightweight and really make it a global enterprise.

In regards to you and I, we'll have to agree to disagree. I'm not saying it's not talented, I just think the welterweight fighters are capable of being and are more skilled due to their weight. 205 is big, really big. If I fought I'd be a middleweight and I'm not a small dude and these guys are cutting to hit 205. Scary people. Like if Fedor stopped eating children he could be a middleweight. He's only 6'1" (I think) and has a belly. He doesn't cut, he just fights in heavyweight coz he's lazy probably. He's not one of those fighters that weighs 290 and cuts to 265. He just hovers at his 230ish and goes in and gets the job done coz he's a freak. Imagine Anderson Silva Vs. Fedor. My brain just gasm'd thinking about it, because it is possible. It's just a pity Fedor never fights and is starting to get old, but he does get better every time I see him. What a waste of talent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:07 am 
Site Admin

lol I also voted welterweight

show me someone that will beat GSP and I might change my mind but I see that as the weightclass where the fighters have the least chance to get the belt right now...

awesome poll tolo!!!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]