[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson [AFTER.TALK]

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 4:45 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson [AFTER.TALK]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:46 am 
Special

i dont have much to say other than the main event and co-main event were amazing...

tate by arm triangle choke in the 4th after a good back and forth battle...

followed by hendo getting dropped, escaping out to fedors back and landing devastating uppercuts for a first round tko...

some people will say it was an early stoppage and i can see why they would say that...

fedor was definitely out for a second but came back to reality just before herb dean stepped in...

i think it could have kept going but considering i had 4 bets on dan henderson to win... im amazed and happy that he won it! \m/

at the same time being a fedor fan... it is sad to see him lose his 3rd in a row... especially after looking promising at workouts and weighins... x_x

the other 3 fights were all pretty average 3 round decisions with lawler vs kennedy probably being the best out of the bunch...

WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THIS EVENT...? FEEL FREE TO POST UP ANY THOUGHTS OR COMMENTS... :)

FUCK YOU AND ALLLLLLLLLLL YOUR BELTS... >=\

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Henderson [AFTER.TALK]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:23 am 

DAMNIT I was waiting for the upload but I saw it on ESPN! I can not comment much but the "Great Fedor" days are numbered if not already done. I am a somewhat new MMA fan and only watching for a few years. I have no idea what he did in Japan besides beat a bunch of almost great fighters.

If anyone says his days are not behind him..... get your head examined....

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:23 am 

Okay...so....here goes...

That's two losses now (Werdum the first), where he had his man hurt and wildly scrambled into crazy striking without technique, only to get beat in the process. Was Fedor shocked that he was able to hurt Hendo and felt that he only had one moment to beat him? That's what it looked like in the Werdum fight...That's what it looked like tonight. Complete lack of discipline and preparedness from a guy as vaunted as Fedor. At best, total lack of preparation.

At worst, Fedor has been exposed. Let the GeNioS bashing begin, but I don't care. I was a huge Fedor fan. But I'm starting to wonder. The cracks in the armor for me started after the Rogers fight...after the KO I clearly remember Fedor's camp going wild in the ring after his victory. Considering Rogers lack of experience or skill, I remember thinking how strange it was they got so excited. I remember wondering if anyone in his corner thought he would win. And I'm starting to realize why. They didn't. We're finding out now that A) He was never really *that* good, or B) He's been done for a while and his camp knows it.

Further evidence....just look at his previous fights, prior to the the losses.

- Rogers (only slightly better than a Kimbo Slice-type. Watch the Villareal fight...it's on youtube...holy shit)
- Arlovski (washed up..hell, this guy lost to Rogers)
- Sylvia (washed up would be a compliment,...this guy got knocked out by Ray Mercer...in 8 seconds)
- Hong-Man Choi (joke of a fight...he's got two mma wins and one is against Jose Canseco)
- Lindland (pretty old, and Fedor grabbed the ropes illegally to stay off the bottom as well..I've always wondered what would have happened otherwise...it's youtube...Fedor grabbed the ropes in a panic to keep from going to down on the bottom)
- Mark Hunt (washed up)
- Mark Coleman (washed up)
- Wagner Martins (who?)

That's SIX YEARS OF FIGHTS! I'm not sure if the Red Sox decided to play single A ball for a while how they'd look six years later when they played the Yankees...my guess is that if they won they'd be pretty damn excited....only here's the joke...Rogers wasn't the Yankees, boys. He was the Kansas City Royals.

At that point, you're back to August of 2005 for the CroCop/Nogueira days. Noguiera wasn't going to knock him out and without that risk Fedor's sambo background would make him really tough to submit. CroCop was too one dimensional. Once on the ground, it was only a matter of time. The UFC exposed CroCop as being much less than Pride made him up to be anyway. Hindsight is 20/20. (Hell, the guys got beat with his own damn weapon in his first fight...crazy ironic.)

Beyond that...your'e looking at the only serious fights in his career being against Goodridge (haha), Fujita (haha), Herring (haha), and then there is Kevin Randleman. Yep...Kevin Randleman's famous head slam that could have killed Fedor....but it didn't. And that's when the grand myth began.

In a way, I wonder if Fedor is happy he's losing...the pressure of having to try to maintain the image of being unbeatable (when he knows he's not and it's never been the case) has to have been hard. I wonder if his camp laughs at the fact that the UFC bought Pride to stuff his marketing power and begged him to come to the UFC with HUGE offers, all the while knowing that Fedor never had a chance against guys like Lesnar, Carwin, Mir....let alone Velasquez. They had a tough task...keeping Fedor marketable without him really fighting anyone.

I think they knew that Fedor would lose. So they made every penny they could on his reputation and when that ran out, he had to fight. Real fighters. Real fights. And he hasn't won since. My heart goes out to him. How many people have a piece of that guy. Watch the end of the Rogers fight again...there are a bunch. Guys that make money off Fedor and don't have to go in and get the shit beat out of them, even in victory.

Good job, Fedor Good job, M-1 global. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times and I'm just a stupid idiot. Well, at least I don't think I'm alone.

..::::..

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:35 am 

You're NOT ALONE! The thing is... People will ALWAYS watch Fedor so he is a draw no matter what. He could continue this streak and everyone will start asking when he will return to a 30 fight win streak. Ok so obviously that is an exaggeration but... Still a huge draw and a legend. Just past his time

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:38 am 

I guess I just wonder, looking at his record and opponents, and considering his fights the last six years between the ages of 28-34 (prime MMA years), if he really is a legend. Or perhaps, legend is exactly the word we should be using.

Google: "Legend Definition"

Noun: A traditional story sometimes popularly regarded as historical but unauthenticated.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:48 am 

You are right. Everyone is going to say it was too early. I am pretty sure the Ref was Herb Dean who pretty much never gets anything wrong. Fedor was very hurt. It might have only been for a few seconds.... I am sure the boo birds will be flying with this.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:37 am 

It was a bit of a snoozefest until the last two fights. Solid event.

The next few months are going to be interesting for the business side of Strikeforce that's for sure.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:40 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:54 pm 

Holy crap at all the Fedor bashing going on around the world.
What did you all expect? Flawless victories until he is 90 years old?
~10 years of only winning hasn't been enough to cement him as the best ever (so far)?
Then comes the "he fought sub-par competition" arguments. Go back an read the consensus rankings of his opponents at the time they fought. Yes, they were all ranked pretty high (except a couple of fights). And every other fighter over any longer length of time has lost fights. Even top fighters fighting cans lose. It happens.

Moreover, Fedor has ALWAYS been a sloppy fighter, but was able to get away with it due to natural talent and freak strength.
But best of all, Fedor has never been in a boring fight, ever. Win, lose or draw the fights have been :-o :-ss :eek: :DDD :mrgreen: \m/ :-bd :ymapplause:
Case in point: The Hendo fight.

Yes, he is not as good as he used to be, but that happens to every fighter sooner or later.
Happened to Fedor, BJ, Couture, Hughes, Wandy, Chocolate Al and many more.
It will happen to GSP, Anderson Silva and others eventually (arguably they all have had significant downs in their careers already, but managed to bounce back).

I for one enjoyed Fedors fantastic fights and career, and thank him for making every fight a real fight.

Finally, it has been said that a fighters career lasts about 9 years regardless of the age they begin fighting. Very few fighters have longer careers. Fedor went just over 9.
Edit: correction from 11 (which is until today), to 9 when his last win was.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:16 pm 

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 15 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next