[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] UFC 131 - Dos Santos vs. Carwin - Aftertalk!!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 10:26 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 131 - Dos Santos vs. Carwin - Aftertalk!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:35 am 
Special

so once again another ufc is over and i thought it was one of the better events theyve had this year...
these were the highlights (according to me)...

sam stouts one punch KO of yves edwards was devastating... he remains the "bonus king" with KO of the night...
there was also weidmans first round submission of bongfeldt... a nice standing guillotine earns him SUB of the night...
:ymcowboy: cerrone and dos santos looked absolutely dominant in defeating rocha and carwin respectively... L-)

and then there were the other 2 back and forth heavyweight wars...
beltran and rosa went all the way to the 3rd round till beltran ended rosa with ground and pound...
during the fight they also exchanged nut shots (1 each) which was fairly entertaining... :-t

BUT... the fight that i thought was the best and had everyone at the pub cheering was definitely einemo vs herman...
this fight was just crazy non stop near misses and near finishes...
herman came back from being rocked in the middle of the second to finish einemo with some wild punches followed up by GnP against the fence...
everyone was up and cheering when the fight was over simply because it was so entertaining...
the ufc obviously agreed because they won the fight of the night bonus... ^:)^
ohhh and the bonuses were $70k a piece... not too shabby! :-bd

i should also probably mention the 2 controversial decisions that are gonna be discussed in the next few days...
omigawa was apparently robbed in the first fight of the night (i personally didnt get to see it coz i was just waking up)...
and according to the fight metric stats... maia clearly beat munoz in their fight... but i guess the judges saw it differently... :-??

personally i was quite happy with the results since i picked 11/12 fights (damn florian... =\ ) and im hoping its good enough for a belt...
i just hope you guys realise that if anyone here got 12/12 you can consider your account deleted! no one is taking this belt from me! :ar!
SO WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THIS EVENT...? POST UP AND SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS... :ympeace:

FUCK YOU AND ALLLLLLLLLLL YOUR BELTS... >=\

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 131 - Dos Santos vs. Carwin - Aftertalk!!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:14 am 
Special

Can we all agree that Shane Carwin is the toughest SOB in the planet?

As per the event I thought it was highly entertaining, the first fight on the main card between Vagner Rocha and Donald Cerrone was like watching a hunter chasing down his defenceless prey.

Sam Stout KO was brutal. *Hope Yves is okay for our sake*. I picked Stout but even I didn't imagine that he carried that kind of power.

I have to say that the Maia-Munoz was much more entertaining than I thought it would be. I really would have thought the two would be more plotting on the feet. Given that I agreed with the judges *for once* and scored it 29-28 for Munoz but really tight round to score on that last one.

Kenny looked good tonight I have to say. He deserves a shot at the title after Mendes beats up on Rahya.

Hope yall enjoyed it as much as I did \m/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:17 am 
Special

lol Sym you picked Elkins? - nice!
Is it your policy of picking against the Asian? lmao.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:54 pm 
Special

I love that picture.
*Judges announces the winner*
Ref raises Elkin's hand "Wait what? Me!? Oh yeah! I won!!!!111"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:03 pm 
Special

yeah that was funny...
and indeed it was my "always pick against the asian" policy...
the only exception to this is shinya aoki... :-bd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:05 pm 
Special

plus you got 10 out of 12 buddy...
not that 30gigs will do you any good...
same as me except i get a shiny new belt... :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:16 pm 
Special

Congrats mate!
Yeah overall I was happy with my fight picks - betting wise too lol.
I rewatched it again - yes I scored it for Omigawa and yes the judges screwed the pooch on that one. Given that there are worse decisions that I have seen - I thought Ring-Fukuda was worse. Omigawa had the better boxing but you would ideally want him to be more active and impose more.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:33 pm 
Special

i watched that fight last night and i dont think it was the robbery everyone said it was...
it was a very close fight and i could understand how people would give it to omigawa...
i personally thought omigawa probably should have got the decision too...
but i can also see why they gave it elkins...
i think the problem for most fans was damage...
elkins didnt really do any damage but took a fuckload of it... :ar!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:15 am 
Site Admin

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 am 
Special

i actually thought munoz won it...
it was really close but its not like maia looked any better...
i watched the omigawa fight this morning and thought he probably should have won on damage...
it was a really close fight but fuck omigawa... i picked elkins so thank you judges... :-bd

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next