[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - BJ Penn

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:55 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: BJ Penn
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:07 am 

I dont like him, i dont like his style, but my god how many main events can one man do, seriously, he seems to headline every fourth tournament, do you think he has had enough spotlight, or do you actually enjoy watching him fight?

Post subject: Re: BJ Penn
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:49 pm 

Apart from Penn/Edgar II, he pretty much always brings it, doesn't fight for wrestlefuck decisions and is a top class, entertaining fighter. What's not to like?

..::::..

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:24 pm 
Special

He's the fucking prodigy man, flexible as a rainworm and as explosive as anyone.
hope we will get a grapling fest, they say fitch can outgrind anybody, but BJ's guard ain't easy to fight from, the guy became BJJ WC in just 3 fucking years \m/ .

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:02 pm 

You serious? Out of his 16 wins he has finished 13 of his opponents. Always brings it, and wants to stay active. Being a multiple world champion in 2 weight classes there not gonna put him on the undercard. After KOing Hughes in 31 secs i think he deserves a main event, his last fight was co-main event. Outta his last 10 fights 8 where title fights. He sells tickets and has a very exciting style, what is not to like?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 pm 

sorry, noob*, he is one of the best ever.

*no offence ;)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:41 am 
Site Admin

I respect all mma fighters that is at his level. I understand at a first glance he might seem like a spoiled bratty prodigy child that never had to... etc etc. But inside that shell is a fantastic great fighter that is practically unbeatable. As we heard so many times now from dana, Joe, Goldie, even Hughes... "It depends what BJ comes to the fight". And that is probably his biggest flaw. Sometimes someone else seems to be there. Bt when BJ is in the house hes a freaking matrix figure :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:06 am 

Hmmm not i just like watching others like Shogun, Rampage, Machida, Cain Velasquez, but i just never ever see them main event or even Co Main Event, yet BJ Penn is everywhere, it is crazy.

Did anyone find out anymore on the doping allegations against Shane Carwin, i havnt seen him for ages, i assume he is injured

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:58 pm 

perhaps I was just rude. Sorry about that. This board is not about that kind of behavior.

I don't like BJ Penn but I know he is truly amazing. The dude was a natural featherweight (he won the bjj mudials at 145lbs I believe maybe even 135) and he WENT UP to 190lbs to fight Machida who weighed 235lbs. Man, that is amazing!! And then he has the balls to fight GSP who weighs 200lbs when BJ weighs 180 tops. The man is awesome for that.

He got outfought by Edgar. That's it. Edgar is amazing, too. Penn is a main event fighter and that didn't change when he lost to Edgar.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:17 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:39 am 

Like i say i have only been watching UFC from 101

Penn: 101, 107, 112, 118, 123, 127
Shogun: 104, 113
Machida: 104, 113, 123
Jackson: 114, 123