[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] UFC 119 Mir vs Cro Cop Aftertalk

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:17 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 119 Mir vs Cro Cop Aftertalk
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:22 pm 
Special

A decent event, although I was expecting a little more from some of the fighters.

I thought Guillard would be more aggressive.

I thought Dunham won his fight. All Sherk really done was a few takedowns and that one elbow. Dunham was lighting Sherk up.

Lytle and Serra.....HOLY FUCKING SHIT! What a fight! Man those guys can take a punch. Won't have time to watch the presser tonight but if that doesn't win the Fight of the Night Dana is a wanker. Serra has a chin of Granite!

Bader needs to work on his conditioning. During the 2nd round I thought that it might be a problem for him in the fight, however he managed to keep some gas and finish.

I wanna know what the hell Mir and Cro Cop were saying to one another against the cage in the 3rd round. Big KO by Mir, nice knee.

What did you guys think of the event?

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 119 Mir vs Cro Cop Aftertalk
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:27 am 

I pretty much feel exactly how you do about the event. I was also wondering wtf they where talking about in the clinch, seen it going on in all rounds pretty much.

..::::..

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 2:07 am 

I thought Stephens and Dunham both got screwed by the judges

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:15 am 
Special

I think that Guillard could have done more to make his win clear, but I dont think little heathen got screwed. I thought Guillard deserved the win, even if only by a slight margin.

Dunham however really did get screwed (which also screwed my picks up too :lol: )
Loved his aggression, stand up looked superior, and nice sub attempts.
Sean Jerk took a whole lot of shots.....good escapes from the subs, and that elbow he landed was quality though.

Was really disappointed with the Mir Cro-cop fight - way too buddy buddy it seemed - having little jokes with each other. Good finish by Mir, to round off what otherwise was a really crap fight.

Serra v Lytle was a dope dope fight, knew it would go down like it did. Hats off to both of those guys.

Bader looked ok. If he fights like that against Bones, then Jones will demolish him like he did Matt Hamill (before the DQ :) ) though, of that I have no doubt.

Bitchrione looked good too - was impressed by his cardio, and nippy footwork...needs to keep his hands higher though,...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:55 am 
Special

Agree with most of what ya are all saying...the event was good let down by main event glad dana kept the k o bonus money. :lol:

the fighters said this in clinch

Cro Cop .."lets go to the centre of the cage"

MIR..."UM how about we go to the mat"

Cro cop.."OK If i m on top"

MIR.."Lets stay in the clinch then"

Cro cop laughs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:13 am 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:32 am 
Special

HAHA classic pepa.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:41 pm 
Site Admin

Biggest letdown for me was the audience booing all the freaking time. I understand that the fight isnt exiting, but hey its not like the fighter went out and said 'Im not gonna fight my best today'. If I had a AK-47 in the middle of that audience I wouldnt have hesitated to use it lol. I enjoyed some of the fights and was pretty surprised by the Crocop KO, still that saved that fight I guess.

Shean Sherk was dominating first round with several takedowns. He showed good submisson defence in all three rounds and dominated more then the 3 first minutes of second round. After that it was all Dunham but more then 50% of the fight was dominated by Sherk. Sadly the judges judge the rounds one by one and not the overall impression the fighter gives. So Dunham lost off course. Wich messed up my picks. :mrgreen:

CB Dollaway finished with a great sub. Very nice.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:53 am 
Special

I rather liked the event. This time it was not overrun by so many fighters that takes down an opponent and basically just leans on them the rest of the round. They actually tried something when they did a takedown.

Loved the Sherk - Dunham fight but I agree that Dunham should have won. He was the dominator most of the fight and even during the takedowns he was often dangerous. The only real damage was the cut he got from a superb elbow. I do agree that round 2 was a close one but halfway Evan hit him so hard a few times that it was a miracle Sherk did not fall down and even round 3 he managed to stay on his feet. So Sean did not deserve a boo but i.m.o. Evan should have gotten round 2 and 3.

Also loved the Lytle fight and the Bader fight just as I loved how C.B. ended it. T.J was showing some great grappling skills and well Mir - Cro Cop that was just the fight you need to see. Really I mean it.

When you are not able to fall asleep this will surely cure you. They were dancing and hugging during most of the fight and when they were throwing a punch it was the sweet and gentle touch of a kiss. Maybe they even drew some lips on their gloves. They were truly one Mir(ko). And well finally Mir realised he was not in a gay bar so he threw a knee and well the ko in Mirko was a fact.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:15 pm 
Special

Some fights were decent nothing to great. Most of the prelims were better then the PPV card.

I can't believe Mark Hunt got owned that quickly.

I thought the Sean Sherk definitely lost that fight.

The Mir Cro Cop fight was awful. It was like they were just int he gym sparring.

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]