[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] UFC 118 AFTERTALK!!!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:31 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 118 AFTERTALK!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:36 am 
Site Admin

I have only seen prelimns so far and I must say that Joe Lauzon looked incredibly sharp. Reminded me of his UFC debut on UFC Fight Night back over a year ago. Hes going to go far if he finishes fights like that. What a machine.
Also happy to see Miller win, I picked him in the competition as well as Lauzon, so 2 correct so far :mrgreen:

Now I cant wait to see the rest of the event. Ill be back later with more comments about the main events etc.

Feel free to talk about and comment on UFC 118 freely here in this thread.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 118 AFTERTALK!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:20 pm 
Special

I was at the fight last night!

Pretty fun. Pretty good night of fights, here's what I think of the fights:

Mike Pierce owned Alves pretty much the whole fight. Took him down at will then got a nice sub in the 3rd round.

Greg Soto I thought looked real good..at least from where I was sitting. He beat up Nick bad the last round.

Dan Miller looked good also. Hopefully he gets back on the winning track after losing a couple in a row. I like this fight pretty exciting.

Andre Winner and Nik Lentz was pretty boring. I was shocked to see Winner get owned that bad. I thought he would win fairly easy. But he couldn't get his back of the cage.

Joe Lauzon looked amazing making easy work of Gabe. Gabe was really overmatched in this fight.

Nate Diaz picked apart Marcus Davis. His reach was just to much for Davis but he gave everything he had though.

I was really disappointed in Kenny vs Maynard. I thought he would get a close victory but he couldn't do anything. He could get in to strike him and it seemed like Maynard was to strong and his wrestling was too good. The rematch between Maynard and Edager should be instresting.

Maia got a boring decision win. Miranda got owned. Maia just laid on the ground for some of the fight he really needs to get better at striking.

Randy just shot in and took down Toney with eas. Once he was he was on top it was all over.

Edgar picked apart bj penn. Penn looked old and slow live.

..::::..

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:00 pm 

Ya good night of fights. I'm still in awe at how easily Edgar picked Penn apart this time around, and i'm a big Penn fan props to Edgar. Let's see how Edgar vs. Maynard II goes.

Couture did what i thought he would, i agree the Maia fight was boring not sure why he didn't go for something other then armbar, Miranda can obviously defend those. Gabe didn't belong in the ring with Lauzon and it showed, would have been the same outcome against any decent UFC LW.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:06 pm 
Special

I Talked A Lot Of $l-l!+ About Lights Out
But I Picked Him 2 Win I Just Had A Feeling
Will Soon Find Out If I Was WRONG OR NOT

:lol: I WAS SO WRONG :!: :!: :!:
Good Event

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett
Paulo Filho

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:24 pm 
Special

Not really surprised about Randy winning the way he did, but I was surprised about he easy it was. It was a lazy takedown that he still managed to land, and when Tony got put on his back he just had no idea what to do. Gotta give him credit for trying, though.

BJ Penn just looked old. That's all there is too it. I don't know if he's done, or if Edgar really is just too fast for him. Edgar looked really sharp, that's for sure. Can't wait for his fight with Maynard.

The only other thing to talk about is poor Marcus Davis. His face is essentially one giant scar. You poke it and he opens up. He needs major face surgery (again) or he needs to retire. It's a shame, because I really like Davis. He gives it his all every time. But it sucks to watch him get screwed up like that.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:37 pm 
Site Admin

Ok watched all the fights now. I have to say that there where no big surprises in PPV fights. I almost enjoyed the Spike prelimns more then main events... but nothing wrong with the event really. Just that 90% of the fights ended more or less as most of us already thought.

Some fights that didnt go as I thought:

Welterweight bout: England Nick Osipczak vs. United States Greg Soto

I though Oldshipshack would win easily but he looked like he had no answer for Soto and basicly gave up in third round. A letdown as I like Nick and his style, but Im glad for Soto who did a really good job and gave it all to win.

Lightweight bout: England Andre Winner vs. United States Nik Lentz

Another letdown even if I saw it coming with Winner having some problems with an infected ear just before the fight. I did think he would win this fight though but nope.

The rest of the fights ended more or less like I thought, Florian looking like it was his first fight in mma the exception but I wasnt at all surprised that Maynard won. Just think about the motivation that drives him. A title shot against an opponent that he beat easily, actually outclassed, not too long ago. He has the belt in his sight and I think he'll get it too.

Coolest fight of the night was imo without exc eption Lightweight bout: United States Joe Lauzon vs. United States Gabe Ruediger, a LOVELY fight, short but awesome. Lauzone looked like a cyborg from some movie, he just ran through Reudiger. Wicked! Fight of the night for me :)

Main event and co main event where so hard to watch I fell asleep several times :mrgreen: but hey after all it was nice to see Randy happy :)

BJ Penn... well he seems to become a better person each time he looses so all good for me, the little brat needs to realize hes just human, and I think he just did. Congrats to Edgar, hope his piss was clean, for his sake.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:09 pm 
Special

wow...Penn looked done..his corner is awful how he has not gone to a real trainer amazes me. DUMP THE YES MEN AND HANGERS ON

Gray i knew that would happen, Frankie looked good.

Joe ran through that dude in minutes looked a monster as did nate diaz

james toney was a waste of a fight tbh.

very good card.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:14 pm 

Glad to see I wasn't the only person that felt the main events were real bores. I can't say I didn't enjoy seeing Randy trounce on Toney and make short work of him, because I really did, but it was all so quick and easy that it actually took some of the fun out of it for me and I was hoping for a bit more G&P before it ended, oh well. As for the main event, was I the only one that felt that Penn wasn't even interested in being there??? It was as if he was headed to the dentist office to have a tooth pulled or something. The look on his face from the first time they showed him enter the arena looked like he had no interest at all in even being there, a total let down to me. I have always been a big Penn fan, and was hoping for a resurgence from the former champ to put on a great fight (which in my opinion it really could have been if a motivated BJ had showed up to fight the ever improving Frankie that we saw) which would have been a great barn-burner of a fight and had the potential to be fight of the night or even fight of the year, but instead turned out to be a very boring 25 minutes of Edgar running around and Penn doing little if anything in return. Had Edgar left the cage, I swear I think Penn might have laid down to take a nap!

All in all, the fights leading up to the main event were pretty good, and the Lauzon fight was just great, but all in all, not the best UFC of the year by a long shot in my book.

-Poincy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:41 pm 
Special

I agree with you poincy. The first fight I also said it looked like Penn was somewhere else and now again it looked like he was thinking he was zipping cocktails in Hawaii and getting a small headache from the alcohol.
Also the corner reactions were lame. No strategy at all, just some words a supporter would yell from his seat.

Lots of boring fights indeed and Winner vs Lentz was the most boring fight I have seen so far. That really had no action and those punches Lentz threw from the ground must have tickled Winner to weakness.

Nice win by Miller and loved the fact that Randy won with class. Toney looked like a turtle, slow and once on his back he can't get up. Not a surprise but I thought that was nice to see. Best part however is the impression I got from Joe Rogan's face after he interviewed Toney. I thought Joe gave a look like: Don't have a clue what he said but hey man I did my job and who cares anyway.

Lauzon looked well indeed and Diaz also gave a good performance.

So overall not that impressed with this event but it had some spicy moments. Picks for me were not that great 6 out of 10 I believe thanks to Penn, Florian, Winner and Osipczak.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:03 pm 
Site Admin

Oh, Good: James Toney Says We Haven’t Seen the Last of His ‘Gorilla Nuts’ in MMA

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqSwhiQn970][/youtube]

Source: http://www.cagepotato.com/oh-good-james ... %80%99-mma

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next