[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - TUF 13 Silva vs Sonnen

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:28 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: TUF 13 Silva vs Sonnen
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:55 pm 
Special

Would this be a possibility? With the two facing each other in a rematch? It woud be a fantastic show, maybe USA vs Brazil like USA vs UK in TUF 9.
Give me your thoughts on this, I'm really curious...

..::::..

Post subject: Re: TUF 13 Silva vs Sonnen
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:12 pm 
Special

Eh I'm not a fan of having the title wrapped up for month because of a tv show.

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:20 pm 

ufc would never risk loosing ratings by putting silva on that show.. ed sores would have to translate all his interviews! lol american fans want to hear the fighter.. not ed or captions at the bottom.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:33 pm 
Special

I would watch that, for sure - although I fear it might become "The Chael Sonnen Show, featuring The Ultimate Fighter" - and I think the US vs Brazil idea is great. Like Auto says, however, I'm also not too keen with having title fights delayed like this - not keen on GSP/Koscheck doing the new TUF and so that fight doesn't go down for months.

Plus, I still think Vitor will get the next shot and then Sonnen again (assuming Anderson beats Vitor).

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:06 pm 
Special

He's one Big Nog vs. Couture Brazil vs USA.

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:19 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:31 pm 
Special

A Chael Sonnen (R-OH)-coached TUF would be the greatest season ever.

Make it happen, Spike!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:51 pm 

I wouldn't want to see Anderson and Sonnen on TUF. Editors will make this just about who talks what and I think the show should be a little more about training and the guys who are there without all the drama. I like however the idea of Brazil vs USA but I would rather have Wanderlei as Coach for Brazil and someone other than Sonnen for the USA.

"the difference between our sport and theirs is that they all need one ball to play, we need two. And they better be made of steel!"
-Renzo Gracie

I had a guy saying to me "I can bench press 600 lbs", I said "I can knock you out" - Bas Rutten

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:18 pm 
Special

Wanderlei vs Couture (Brazil vs USA) would be great as well!!! Had not thought about that one!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:52 am 
Special

I would not mind a rematch between Sonnen and Silva in the future but not via TUF.

I think there should be rather experienced well trained guys in TUF who speak English, so we will not get some translator talking through the words of someone like Silva. I am not sure how well Wanderlei's English is but I think it is a lot better than Silva's. Plus the bonus would be that Wanderlei is a well respected experienced fighter. Couture as well so I would not be against that.

That is also why I do not like Koschek to be the trainer. He at times showed that he does not take all the rules seriously and acted his way to a win a few times. That to me is not a role model and thus should not train others on worldwide TV. Randy is the best role model for UFC ever and I think Wanderlei is indeed one of the better fighters as well so I really like that idea. Maybe at times they can let Sonnen and Silva do a workshop ;)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 13 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next