[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] UFC 117 AFTERTALK!!!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:52 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 117 AFTERTALK!!!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:50 am 

Roy Nelson vs. Junior dos Santos.

junior came out strong got roy with some good knees and uppercuts some of the punches got roy good
but roy must of kept telling himself keep the hands high, he did and junior still got punches in

but the punches that got through to roy must of slowed him alot cause near the end of round 1 he looked quite gassed
after that it seemed a battle of will power and cardio(though roys chin and those fat reserves kept him in the fight)
junior looked good at the end of the fight a bit gassed,
should be a good fight against cain or brock.

matt hughes vs ricardo almeida
i think ricardo really took the fight as a revenge match he was moving fast early in the round hughes threw a head kick ricardo answerd with one back, hughes seemed calm and comfortable just waited then got that nice left hook and finished it of with that choke, haha i could imagine ricardo waking up , oh man what happend

clay guida vs rafael dos anjos
win or lose i was happy just to see clay fight again, he seemed more comfortable with his stiking and more patient
he got into a few close exchanges with dos anjos and dos anjos got clocked in the jaw (and broke his jaw i think,

found this picture of dos anjos hoding one of his teeth de1ybs.jpg
de1ybs.jpg [ 108.95 KiB | Viewed 11992 times ]
after that the second round was guida's, then the third guida got that takedown and applied pressure to anjos's jaw
from there the pain was too much and anjos tapped.

jon fitch vs thiago alves got boring quite quickly for me not to say about that except alves needs to jenny craig or move to MW, fitch got those take downs and knew how to win from there.

anderson silva vs chael my hearts broken sonnen
wow interesting frist minute chael came at silva and didnt stop till he did the sneaky tap once
he beat silva up got takedowns,silva took punches(though at post press confrence silva looked barely scratched while sonnen looked a bit beatup)
and silva got some got shots in, a body kick got chael and a nice elbow got him again.

but all in all i dont think silva looked at his best(the injury and i think his grandmother died a week before didnt seem to help his fight)

and to end the ramble REMATCH....REMATCH

..::::..

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:44 am 
Special

Awesome Main Event :roll:
The Choreography Could Of Been Better

Country Was Sweating Peanut M&M'z
As JDS Was Knocking Them Off His Head

Jon Fitch Was Most Impressive :ugeek:

Guida Needs 2 Stop Eating Air Before It
Comes Out The Other End With A Surprise :lol:

Everything Else OKKK :!: :!: :!:

I Seen This Comment Elsewhere What Do You Guys Think :?:
anderson faked the entire thing becouse dana said to him if you dont putup a show i will fire you like he said after his fight with maia you'd have to be blinded if you didnt see that, c'mon, we all know those punches were weak, anderson is one to take the most devastating hits, he did this to get his fan base back, i'm sure dana knows this too, i'd bet 1,000,000 $ if they get a rematch, anderson would KO him in the first round

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett
Paulo Filho

Last edited by 3X on Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:20 am 
Special

Amazing card.

I picked a few duds (Alves - not sure why I went againt b=my head there at all, and Almeida - I was absolutely convinced he was going to smash Hughes!) but otherwise didnt do too bad.

I picked Silva, but after the first round was cheering for Sonnen.
He did EXACTLY what he said he would do to Silva apart from of course getting caught at the end.
Hats off to him - for nearly 5 rounds he took it to Silva, and Silva had nothing in return - he couldnt handle it.
Just before he got caight Sonnen looked to be taking a slight breather, sitting upright and landing a few tappy tappy shots - he really just gave it to Silva - if his head was down on Silvas chest like it had been the rest of the fight, he'd now be MW champ.

I want to see an immediate rematch...

Also gained a lot more respect for Nelson - I honestly thought Dos Santos was going to take Roys head and take it early but no, Nelson showed proper heart and an iron chin. Fair play.

Great event....off to watch the post fight presser....

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:42 pm 

Added to defend Fitch:

I train Muay Thai, and I'm not trained in grappling at all, however with Fitch you can not say he was "laying and praying" - Hell, he was more busy than Sonnen was if you don't count the little "pity-pat" punches he was landing on Silva. Just look at whose face was more battered at the end, and you can see that Sonnen didn't really do anything to Silva. Fitch on the other hand was working constantly, it just didn't look like it.[/quote]

- Dude, I should slap you in the face. Where you even watching the fight? "pity-pat" punches, you could hear those from the last stands in the arena. I would liketo see how good you feel after taking those ;)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:06 pm 

FITCH DID LAY N' PRAY!

Sonnen did have some "pity-pat" punches, but he damn sure had some good powerful punches too...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:54 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:04 pm 

Awsome card! Big Country can take some hits, big respect to him. Main event match was a shock for the first 4 rounds. Couldnt get over it, but was really happy when Silva triangled his ass!

When are the results coming out for our competition?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:37 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 1:53 am 
Special

I had to add something on the Rick Story fight. Man that was an exciting fight. He came out with an impressive pace, however does leave himself wide open to counters. Put in some major work on Hazelett's body and had him visible wincing. Awesome fight.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2