[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] Fedor vs Werdum

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] Fedor vs Werdum
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:44 am 
Special

It's been about 6 hours since I got home from the event and I'm still stunned.

Prelims were kinda lame, but what do you expect from people we've never heard of? There was one good fight, but the other two were generally hug-fests.

Cung Le - I swore he was just about done with MMA and I had declared he should retire when Shamrock was giving his speech. I guess I get to eat those words. Mind you, Le is no top-tier fighter, but I was quite impressed. Hold crap, those kicks.

Cyborg - By the time the fight was done, most of us in the stands were on the verge of disgust. They should have stopped the fight in the first round. Right before the shot that took Finney down, I was about to lean over to a friend and say, "I don't think she can be knocked out!" Bad reffing, IMO. I'll have to watch it on Sho...maybe my opinion will change.

Fedor - Holy shit.

I got the entire Fedor fight on video. I'll post it somewhere if anyone is curious how crazy that stands were. The Russian hottie in front of us wearing a Belarussian flag was hilarious. Before the fight, she was waving the flag around like a loon. After the fight, she was waving the flag while giving two middle fingers. Priceless. =)

"A man who never falls, never stands." Poetic, stoic and beautiful.

..::::..

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] Fedor vs Werdum
PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 3:07 pm 
Special

Four fantastic fights. I can't recall when I watched so intensive main event with 100% success.

First fight was fun to watch as I didn't have any expectations and I don't remember seeing fighters before. I know the names and have probably seen them but nothing in my memory. Nice one!

Cyborg and Finney started great and it was better then Carano fight. Finney impressed me with her determination but ref killed it as in some moments Finney stopped defending herself. Maybe ref saw some videos and knows how much punishment she can take but this wasn't logical after she received ground and pound for longer periods. But then you can't open yourself up and get KO'd.

Cung Le had Hollywood fight and that was real entertainment. It had everything that he probably does in movies.

I had a rock in my throat when BJM started Fedor - Werdum. I was cheering for Werdum and after he fell on his as I was scared for him :D And Fedor looking to escape the armbar.... My heart was beating since Fedor entered the ring and I can't imagine how Werdum felt. After the triangle I was thinking break his arm as he won't tap and when it happened I didn't know what to do. I wanted to scream and jump but everyone at home was in bed. I felt lost from happiness.

And it was ugly to see organizers pulling Werdum out from the hall. Seems it's forbidden to celebrate victory against Fedor :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:01 pm 

Woooow.. just loved it..

Fedor vs Werdum was all about the traditional idea of BJJ since Helio Gracie, were any monster can be submited..

Everything pointed to an easy victory by Fedor. When I see Werdum fall to the ground.. I was thinking.. ok.. here it goes again, who's next??.. hahaha then suddenly.. suffering Werdum, now looking like meat about to be fed to a lion brings out the BJJ spirit to the game.. He starts armbar attempt and ends with triangle.. wooooww... The last emperor has fallen!!

Just loved it!!

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.. ALWAYS!!!

-------------------------------

ARTE SUAVE.. SIEMPRE!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:56 pm 

I think after 10 years without any loss fedor was getting a bit lasy. I wonder how much he was training for this fight...like he said : he was focusing too much one the punching,and then he fall into werdums triangle...
In my eyes he is still the best mmafighter ever...
I hope werdum makes one more upsett against ubereem,and fedor get his rematch and do what he normaly does.. "win"
Werdum did a good job,but we all know that fedor wins 49 out of 50 fights against him... ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:54 pm 
Special

World: Successfully Shocked.

DFW/BLAF posted on twitter after he got the news: :D

Why did Fedor even take it to the ground when he was clearly the superior striker? That's what I don't get.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:54 am 
Special

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:27 am 

I couldnt believe how quick Fedor got beat. WOW!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:23 am 
Special

yeah unreal...crazy

another good event by strike force except fedors stock just crashed.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:53 pm 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:12 am 

After his lose do you think he has as much pull in a contract negotiations? EX: M1-Global co promoting.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next