[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] UFC 115 Liddell vs Franklin - Aftertalk!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 115 Liddell vs Franklin - Aftertalk!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:40 am 
Special

I thought this was a pretty sweet card. Although I was disappointed with a few things. I thought Paulo Thiago would of put up more of a competitive fight. I was also bummed that one of my favourite fighters Pat Barry lost. I thought he should of been way more aggressive in the first round when he had Cro Cop rocked.

The Rich Franklin vs Chuck Liddell fight was awesome. Both guys are so tough and Franklin pulled out an awesome knockout. Chuck should retire now.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 115 Liddell vs Franklin - Aftertalk!
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:17 am 
Special

I thought it was a weird card tbh and in some cases I was right.

I did like the Chuck fight too. This was going for it old school style.

I totally agree on Barry. It looked as if he was scared to destroy his hero and when he knocked him down he let him get up. Knocked him down again and once more he stepped away in stead of going for the kill. Then they started hugging during the fight (Jake Shields would have loved it I am sure ;) ). I did not mind but it was odd and after that Barry hardly did anything.

Thiago was also not as good as I had hoped for today. Kampmann did do well and somehow did impress me but I don't care much for these kinds of ground fights.

I also hoped that I would see the first dutch win in UFC since I started watching. Maybe I should stop picking them and then they will win. He was so close in the 2nd round but somehow let it go. Then he made a huge mistake by going for a take down at the start of round 3 in stead of standing up. But honestly these guys should not be on a main card unless they start getting some cardio.

I really enjoyed the Condit fight and also Pyle fight was great. Too bad the crowd booed at Condit but I must say that Macdonald just said it as it was and that is something I respect a lot. Not many will admit that they were getting their ass kicked. The other prelims I have not seen yet.

..::::..

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:11 pm 

Awesome card man.... just awesome...

Very exciting night of good fights...

First of all the Condit-McDonald fight was a dynamic mixed martial arts competition.

You saw the ground game, striking everything...

I thought it should have been stopped earlier and it didn't make any sense why the judge would choose to stop it like 9 seconds before the end. Either way it didn't hurt Rory's carrier at all... In fact that slight controversy could lead to more love and fans, which he without a doubt has gained a lot of in this fight.

Then there was the Rothwell/Yvel fight which was pretty nice...

Personally I liked it very much in the beginning. The only reason it sucked was because they both gassed. It turned in to a mission of lay-and-pray for the "Big" Ben until The Hurricane finally managed to gain some control on Rothwell after many of his sweeps and just started to smash Ben with some really explosive Ground n' Pound in the late 2nd round. Unfortunately he didn't continue like he should and the third round was all Ben Rothwells boring lay and pray with a few sloppy punches that squeezed out a decision for him. The damage though, was all Gilbert Yvel in the 2nd round.

Cro Cop versus Pat Barry... just a GREAT fight. Holds all the properties to why I REALLY love MMA. Everything can happen. Who would've thought that Mirko Cro Cop, would get knocked down twice in the first round in a world class standup war only to come back in the 2nd round and take the fight to the GROUND, (i repeat) TO THE GROUND! and actually score a rear-naked choke win! That fight was almost fight of the night, and the endless respect and hugging just makes me feel very civilized and justifies for me that watching 2 men fight in a cage with a few layers of leather wrapped on their fists, is after all okay, because it's about sportsmanship, love & peace and blah blah.

Rich Franklin vs Chuck Liddell... let someone else cover that fight... I don't want to write anymore... but just great & sad fight... I hate to see legends loose well after their prime, for money.

GREAT UFC MAIN CARD... Totally worth the PPV IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:20 pm 
Special

Like everyone else said, a really good card and some great fights. For sure a 4/5 event. Although the refs did their best to ruin it at times...

The Danzig fight was a shocker.

Slightly dissapointing second and definitely third round for Barry. Cro Cop showed a lot of grit in coming back, but Barry clearly dropped his agression and effort levels but didn't *appear* to be gassed badly. And it seems that "don't ask, don't get" is the policy in the UFC regarding ...Of The Night bonuses ;-)

Condit was really strong in the third round and I agree that the fight could/should have been stopped a good minute or so before it was (whenever the previous period of Condit blasting GnP was), but it was a reasonable call.

I too also expected a lot more out of Thiago, but Kampmann was in excellent form and just dominated.

Rothwell looked gassed for ages in that fight and I agree that the fight was there to be won by Yvel - he actually impressed me a lot even in defeat.

Franklin has so much heart and although I'd picked him to win I kinda didn't think he'd win by knockout unless Chuck's chin was gone for good. And that appears to be the case. A great win for Ace.

REALLY want the post-fight press conference!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:49 pm 

All in all a nice event I thought.

I can't help but mirror most peoples opinions really. Really disappointed in Barry for not taking advantage of knocking Cro Cop on his arse twice....

The Chuck and Rich fight, given it was only a few minutes was pretty good! A promising start with some nice shots landed! I picked Chuck to win, but I'm happy Franklin did to be honest. Curtains for Chuck now, I'm sure Dana will give him a cushy PR job!

Rothwell and Yvel fight was another that started quite well. The fight was there for Yvel at times, but with a big sweaty beast like Rothwell lying on you slapping you with (as Jo Rogan said) his lactic acid filled arms it's gotta be a disappointment.

Can't wait for July 3rd now, bring it on!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:19 am 

Do y'all really think dana will say No, if Chuck would say i want another shot at Tito.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:51 am 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:42 pm 
Site Admin

Ciao ciao chuckie...

Never understood the matchup, even Titio made more sense. Apart from main event a pretty nice event.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 8 posts ]