[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] Bellator XXI - Aftertalk!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:41 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] Bellator XXI - Aftertalk!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:45 pm 
Special

I thought this was a good event let down somewhat by a bullshit decision in the main event. Other than that, the fights were all entertaining and the production was as slick as ever.

Hayes look alright, but really he looked lucky that Banks gassed so hard. For a favourite coming in to the fight and a prospect for the upcoming tournament, he needs to improve. Banks definitely had the first round, but then just rapidly died on his feet.

Fujii looked really good, but a (you'd think) worrying lack of power in her punches. Was a good fight though - very entertaining.

Imada looked good and was clearly robbed by home town judging. I gave it 30-27 to Imada, but I might just about accept a call for Curran wininng the third round (although I wouldn't suggest it myself). Curran didn't look anywhere near as good as in his last two fights. For two judges to say he won two rounds is just make-believe. Heh, you could see Jimmy Smith and Eddie Alvarez pointedly putting their diplomatic faces on for the post-fight interview stuff.

Looking forward to XXII now ;-)

..::::..

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] Bellator XXI - Aftertalk!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 11:36 pm 

I kept saying aloud to my wife before the decision that there is no way they can rob Imada, right? There *is no way* they can rob Imada....then they did it.

You're exactly right...it was *at worst* 2 rounds to 1....I also had Imada winning all three rounds....

I also HATE when they separate the guys off the fence when one of them is staying busy working on the legs. Imadas knees were clearly adding up as a couple of leg strikes really wobbled Curran's front leg in the 3rd Round. I understand rednecks wanting to just see blood and knockouts, but Imada was working Curran over on the fence...no reason to separate them.

Considering the $100,000 on the line and that Imada deserved it, this is one of the worst decisions in MMA history as far as I'm concerned...still sick about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:26 am 
Special

This was the first Bellator I watched myself but to be honest I was not that impressed. I do have to add that I was watching NBA as well as a big part of Bellator at the same time but the only fight I kinda liked was the females.

First match to me was pretty boring, few nice punches but that was mostly during the time that the fat guy gassed out. I am not a fan of clinching to the cage either unless they indeed do something and often it was just leaning as far as I can remember.

Last fight I would also say 2-1 at most, so you could say robbery but I don't know, sometimes it is hard to tell on tv. Camera angles can be bad so you miss some great punches or whatever but yes my first impression is that the other one should have won. But this was not a match that got me off of watching NBA finals too often and it does not seem to me that any of the fighters during this event could compete in bigger organisations like UFC or SF except for the Asian woman in SF perhaps. This is however just based on one fight from these guys.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:16 am 
Special

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:40 am 
Special

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:41 pm 
Special

Check out Bellator XIV. I think that was the best one of the season.

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:53 pm 
Site Admin

Imada got robbed!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]