[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] WEC 48 - AfterTalk!!!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 9:55 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] WEC 48 - AfterTalk!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:30 am 
Site Admin

Welcome to talk about this even here in this thread!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] WEC 48 - AfterTalk!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:19 pm 

I loved Picket vs Johnson so much action :P

Info : Picket profile

..::::..

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:06 pm 

Leonard Garcia and Chan Sung Jung OMG i love this one :shock:
.... of course korean Zombie got robbed by fuc...g blind juges.... :o :evil:
that is absolutely that he WON !!!!
im so mad after that decision..... :twisted:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 9:22 pm 

how scary is jose aldo?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:13 pm 
Special

Faber Got His A$$ Chin Beat Down I Was Like Drop'em Like A A Toilet Seat Aldo!!! That Beating Was On The Level Of Silva vs Maia The Helplessness That They Felt To Me That's Worse Then Any KO or Submit

I Knew Manvel Was Going To BLAST!!! Brown

Leonard Garcia vs. Chan Sung Jung Two Words AWSOME,ROBBED
The Fight Was AWSOME!!! Chan Sung Jung Was ROBBED!!!
But Chan Made It In My TOP TEN :!:

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett
Paulo Filho

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:04 am 
Special

Great event. After two disappointing events lately this was necessary for the sport MMA.

Featherweight bout: United States Brandon Visher vs. United States Tyler Toner
I thought Visher would win this but after that great head kick by Toner he dropped his defence and whammo. Nice punch in the face and then some nasty vicious elbowing to win.

Featherweight bout: United States Chad Mendes vs. United States Anthony Morrison
Wonderful guillotine submission by Mendes. Short but sweet.

Bantamweight bout: England Brad Pickett vs. United States Demetrious Johnson
Some wonderful take downs by Brad. Johnson is so fast but it was as if he was truly as light as a feather and Pickett picked him up so easily. Hoped mighty mouse would win but my pick was taken down too often.

Lightweight bout: United States Alex Karalexis vs. United States Anthony Pettis
Also a good fight with yet again a good technical ending.

Featherweight bout: United States Leonard Garcia vs. South Korea Chan Sung Jung
Wow, best fight of the event imo. Not because it was a technical or accurate performance but because of the heart of both fighters. First round Garcia almost got knocked out but recovered just on time. 2nd round it was the other way around and Jung almost saw blackness. Third round was pretty even. I would have given it to Sung but a robbery is debatable. In a way I was glad the judges decided on Garcia as that adds one point to my picks but this will probably the talk of the day.

Bantamweight bout: United States Antonio Banuelos vs. United States Scott Jorgensen
Yeah for Jorgensen. He is one of my favourite fighters. He can strike and submit and dominated rounds 2 and 3. Got almost knocked down in round 1 but great recovery. When Scott enters the cage there is always excitement and he delivered it today.

Lightweight bout: Nigeria Anthony Njokuani vs. United States Shane Roller
Good choke but not what I wanted to see. Anthony looked poor and did not do anything but defend, although that was also because Roller just did what he needed to do, get it to the ground.

Featherweight bout: United States Mike Brown vs. Armenia Manvel Gamburyan
Another good boxing like fight but yet another outcome I did not expect. I thought Mike would knock Manvel out but a good counter strike after getting punched twice made Brown's eyes roll and it was bye bye brownie.

Lightweight Championship bout: United States Ben Henderson (c) vs. United States Donald Cerrone
Do not blink when watching this fight else you will miss it :P Ben was great, fast and damn that dude threw some nasty knees before he ended it, not to mention that awesome elbow leaving a nice horn on Donald's head.

Featherweight Championship bout: Brazil Jose Aldo (c) vs. United States Urijah Faber
Can someone get Faber a wheel chair because he will need it after this demolition on his legs. Aldo was so impressive with his skills, totally outclassed Faber on every aspect except one and that was Faber's pride to make it to the end, he would just not give up.

After seeing the prelim download I thought this event might give me my first belt as I was 3/3 with my picks and then it went a bit downhill :( At the end the damage got repaired a little. Strange thing to me was that the Garcia vs Sung fight was aired twice in the full event and not for instance Takeya Mizugaki vs. Rani Yahya.

WEC remains a great organisation with help from UFC this time and I think that it is good that they worked together, however if you look at the whole format package it was more UFC than WEC, or am I mistaken now? I also kinda disliked the picture of Dana with Jake Shields. Guess it is obvious now that Jake will be in the UFC but the way Dana looked into the camera was more showing off at SF than being proud of a probable signing of Shields imo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:58 am 
Special

Jung v Garcia - wow.
That was one of the best fights Ive ever seen, no doubt.
Not technically, but damn, ridiculous fight...
Jung shouldve won.

One Punch pickett - keeping on showing what many of us in the UK have known for a long time.....great fighter, one of the few from the UK with a good wrestiling base. Was too strong for DJ.

MTB vs Gamburyan - My first gut reaction was that Manny was going to win this, so I dont know how I ended up bottling it and going for Brown. Brown is done now I think - he had a short time at the top - I feel due to circumstance more than anything, right place right time....

I had Cerrone winning thie rematch. Henderson smashed him. Bit of a dissapointment after their first fight TBH.

Aldo is a monster. Faber the ass / ball-bag / peter griffin chin took a whoopin'. Damn those leg kicks. Ouch.

GSP v Shields, bring it !

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:46 am 
Special

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:14 am 
Special

This was a great event and had some excellent fights. Some finishes and no major controversy, so it really helped out MMA with its recent "difficulties".

I haven't watched the Garcia fight and any final wrap-up for the show as yet, but the rest of it was really good. Hope also that that last little bit doesn't ruin what I'm about to say, but it's still an issue anyway...

The only loser during the night was the WEC! The lack of promotional branding was shocking - I mean, for any casual fan they will now expect to see these guys fighting in the UFC, and for the hardcore fans it's disrespectful to see the WEC shut out like that. The only difference between this event and a standard UFC event was the colour of the cage - and that was it. The only time I heard the WEC mentioned was a slip-up by Rogan during one of the fights (Pickett's, I think) and he immediately seemed like he knew he shouldn't have said it. There were no WEC logos in the cage or on the fighters, there were no WEC ads (but plenty of UFC and TUF ones), Rogan and Goldberg acted like they were long-time WEC commentators, promos were by Dana White instead of Reed Harris... At least they allowed him into the cage to put the belts on the champions.

I'd be really interested to see if the ratings for the next WEC event on Versus have any marked increase, but to me it felt like they shot themselves in the foot in terms of building the WEC brand for the future.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:28 pm 
Site Admin

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 21 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next