[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] UFC 111 - St. Pierre vs. Hardy Discussion

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 111 - St. Pierre vs. Hardy Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:02 am 
Special

Feel free to talk about the UFC 111 - St. Pierre vs. Hardy event here.

Spill your guts, show the glory, praise the winners or hate the fact they won.

..::::..

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 111 - St. Pierre vs. Hardy Discussion
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:22 pm 

I hate it that Matt Brown and Frank Mir lost.

I'm also confused at why Frank becomes passive sometimes, or if it's just that he gets rocked and slow to react. The finish looked the same as his loss against Brock. Why didn't Frank move after eating the first Carwin uppercuts? Was he that rocked already? His expression was the same as in the Brock fight, almost as if he's drawing a blank. Is it that he becomes too relaxed?

Questions question. Also, who does he fight next? JDS?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:49 pm 

Miller vs Bocek
I didn't have this fight being close. I thought Jim Miller would come out and get a quick submission and then go home. These guys showed great heart and rolled well together. I'd like to see a rematch, as I think Bocek got boned on that decision. I do understand why Miller got the decision, as he got Bocek's back at the last second. One of the most impressive things I've ever seen was Jim Miller defending the choke for more than 2 full minutes, despite only having one arm.

Fitch vs Saunders
The exact quote I said last night before this fight started is, I love Ben Saunders, but his name isn't GSP, so he doesn't stand a chance here. Jon Fitch proved that a strong wrestling base is still the most stifling offense in MMA today. In case you disagree, GSP supported his thesis 2 hours later. I don't like that Jon Fitch thinks he deserves another title shot after last night. As much of a Ben Saunders fan as I am, we all know that he isn't close to being a contender, nor was he ever. At the press conference last night, he talked about how important getting a title shot was to him. Dana said that he can fight Koscheck for #1 contendership and Fitch balked. Dana fired back at him with "I guess it's not that important."

Pellegrino vs Camoes
Kurt Pellegrino impressed the shit out of me last night. Great choke. I thought he was going to get tapped in the first, but he persevered. BTW, where is the UFC getting his record from? They talked about him last night as being 20-4 going into the fight, but his current record according to Sherdog and Wikipedia is 15-4. I've also noticed that about Rousimar Palhares. Is the UFC padding records to make fighters sound more impressive, or do they have data that apparently nobody else has?

Palhares/Drwal
No sooner did I get the phrase "this guy has killer leg locks" out of my mouth before this fight was over. 90 day suspension to Palhares for not letting the move go soon enough. I think this fight is a good example of why the heel hook needs to be banned. Drwal looks as thought something has been torn and he tapped almost immediately.

Carwin vs Mir
This fight happened nearly the exact way that I expected it to. I posed the question yesterday of "what should Mir's gameplan be". Apparently Frank wanted to stand and trade, as he didn't try and get the fight down at all. He looks much slower now that he has beefed up too. Carwin is a scary dude and I definitely agree that the fight should have been stopped a little sooner. Mir ate 3 horrible punches while unconscious.

GSP vs Hardy
Hardy came into the fight with an awful, awful gameplan. He tried to stop the takedown, and was so worried about it that he seemed very hesitant with his hands. He was gunshy for most of the opportunities he had. GSP's takedowns are amazing, and you aren't going to stop them. You might as well swing for the fences until he takes you down, then stand back up as soon as possible and do it all over again. Dan Hardy impressed me though with his mental and physical toughness. I think the ref should have stepped in and stopped the fight during those submissions. Pride and determination is what prevented Hardy from tapping and he showed a bit of disregard for his own safety. GSP being unable to finish left him with a very frustrated look on his face for most of the night. Georges did exactly what he needed to do. He got the takedowns and he went for lots of submissions. He got 2 submissions in deep, but when Hardy didn't tap, Georges should have looked to land a choke. It took a lot of class on Georges' part to not break Hardy's arm last night. It looked as if he briefly had an internal moral argument as to whether or not he should.

Great fights last night. Very glad I ordered that one. Can't wait for Abu Dhabi.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:56 pm 

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I ****ing hate Frank Mir.

I hate the fact he beated Cheick Kongo at his game.

I ESPECIALLY hate the fact that he TKO'ed one of my all time favorites: Big Nog!

I hate the fact that he thinks he's so smarter than everyone.

___

About Carwin:

A lot of people underestimate his resumé man. Look at his record.

#1: 12-0
#2: 8 by TKO/KO/Punches
#3: 4 by Submission
#4: Last 5 fights by way of TKO or KO
#5: HE IS A 1st ROUND KNOCKOUT ARTIST. DOES PEOPLE EVEN KNOW HOW RARE THAT IS? I only know Brett Rogers, and he is fat and has close to no ground game. Carwin is fit, excellent wrestling skills and is as big as Brett.
#6: HE HAS 2 FIGHTS THAT ARE LONGER THAN 2 MINS! ALL OTHER FIGHTS ARE AVERAGE 61 SECONDS!

I think a lot of people (including media) underestimate Shane Carwin due to him not facing top opponents yet. I think he will be a legend in the sport, and knocking out Brock Lesnar will definitely pave a way for that.

I don't see how people can put Lesnar over Carwin. Lesnar won over a japanese unknown, lost to Mir and layed on Heath to get a title shot against an old Randy (yes NOW HE IS GETTING OLD!) who he outweighed by a ridiculous amount).

PS. He has an incredible chin. Gonzaga (the man who Cro-Cropped Cro Cop, landed 2 CLEAN, RIGHT STRAIGHTS and didn't even hurt him).

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 4:15 pm 
Special

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:07 pm 

Loved the Miller vs Bocek fight, the other fights that went on on the ground for almost 15 minutes weren't bad, but I didnt really liked them.

Wasnt that suprised on the Carwin vs Mir fight, though I expected this one not to end in the first round.

expected a lot more from Hardy, but GSP just showed once again why he's a champion. Gotta give Hardy credit for not even thinking about tapping.

Havent watch the prelims yet, but what I saw was good for my picks :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 9:45 pm 
Special

Diaz Good Fight

Palhares Took Advantage of the slip & made sure his ankle was broke because of it the slip that is Palhares helped him imo :lol:

jon fitch dry humped his way 2 another weak @$$ victory killer bee is definitely not from africa more like a honey bee with all that dry humping going on

gsp was straight PUSS 4 not standing with hardy & the 2 sub's he almost got go's 2 show how hardcore hardy really is 4 not TAPPING & he's no good on his back

imo mir through the fight because of all the BS that happened the iron fist came down & he had no choice just think about it with all the business & politics of it

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett