[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] UFC Live: Vera vs Jones

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC Live: Vera vs Jones
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:32 am 
Special

Some decent fights in this event.

Unfortunate that the Irvin vs Sakara got stopped with that punch to the eye, but Irvin didn't look very good at all prior to that. Due to cutting the weight, or time off I guess.

I picked Kongo by domination, was a mis-matched fight IMO.

Jones and Dos Santos both looked awesome.

The John Howard knockout was nice as well.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC Live: Vera vs Jones
PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:30 pm 
Special

Yeah, really good event. Shame they didn't show a couple more prelims, but I guess their time slot was carefully controlled.

Like you say, Jonny, a shame about how the first fight ended, but I actually thought Irvin looked okay up until that point. He'd clearly put a lot of bulk back on since the weigh-ins and looked much healthier. Definitely think that if he fights at MW from now on he'll be good at that weight, as he looked pretty sharp and quick.

Kongo fought smart, but also fought really hard and showed his conditioning is improving as well as his wrestling. Great performance.

I'd picked Gonzaga to win his fight in exactly the same way Kongo did his, but it was another great performance by Dos Santos. For me, this was the toughest pick of the night by some distance. Good fight.

The Howard fight was really entertainiong from start to finish. And what a finish! Loved it ;-)

Jones/Vera was good and a good end to it. Just wish it had lasted longer and been a lot tougher on Jones to really test him. What an elbow, though! Vera's face looked busted up during the replays and the decision.

Also, some great reffing throughout by Herb Dean and Josh Rosenthal.

..::::..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:58 pm 
Site Admin

Brutal event. It hurt more to see Buentellos pinkyfinger then the Howard KO, even if that was a really impressive KO, specially after looking like he would have a hard time in that fight.

Yeah Kongo surprised me. I did not expect him to be that agressive and it was a good performance. Unfortunately I bet on Buentello in the competition but, I think i got the other picks right. now the undercard will decide the rest hehe.

It was pretty lame that after such short fights they didnt even show one prelim fight! Ok they might have a limited timeslot but man it felt SHORT!

I was not impressed by Irwing. I was pretty convinced that Sakara would win even before the fight and I must say that he is looking really really good imo. Shame we didnt get to see him a little bit more. Glad for his sake though, must have been his easiest victory so far :D

Now Jon Jones... Seriously, whos gonna stop him? I was not impressed with Vera even before the elbow but I have no complaints about Jones. War Jon Jones!!!

Agree about the excellent reffing by Herb and Josh. They are the best!

Thank god there is another UFC coming up rght away because this was like a sweet appetizer! :mrgreen:

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 pm 
Special

Hah, yeah, I agree with you about this being like an appetiser. Short and sweet, sets you up ready for the main course this coming weekend.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:32 pm 
Site Admin

I repeat that its a shame they didnt show any of the other fights!
Some great names there and some interesting newcomers.

* Lightweight bout: United States Clay Guida vs. United States Shannon Gugerty
* Light Heavyweight bout: United States Eliot Marshall vs. Belarus Vladimir Matyushenko
* Lightweight bout: United States Duane Ludwig vs. United States Darren Elkins
* Heavyweight bout: United States Brendan Schaub vs. United States Chase Gormley
* Welterweight bout: United States Mike Pierce vs. United States Julio Paulino
* Light Heavyweight bout: United States Eric Schafer vs. United States Jason Brilz

Now I cant wait to get my eyes on the unaired fights!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:28 am 
Special

Poor sandman. I don't think the weight cut impacted his performance so much. Sakara's foot work was perfect, so Irwin couldn't find his range, and Sakara's boxing was sharp to the point of perfect. Irwin was getting tagged with accurate shots for the duration, including the one that leaded to the stoppage.

The only other things I have to say is, John Howard! BAM!
How would you feel to be the other guy. You're just waking up, you have no idea what happenned, and your opponent is already having his chat with Joe...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:14 pm 
Special

Honestly, I was a little bit let down by the televised card.

I think Id built it up to expect more than I should have, especially with Veras comments at the weigh in about the fact that it would be fight of the year blah blah blah...

Irvin - really disappointing - Im sure he was looking for a way out. He looked poor. He doesnt look right at that weight and to me hes just a middle of the road fighter....Sakara looked strong, superb boxing skills on show and I think he would have brutalized the sandman had the fight gone on longer.

Kongo looked good, seemed to have much better conditioning than in some past fights, but at the same time, Buentello isnt up there in the upper echelons of the HW division, and physically wasnt really a match for Kongo. Jurys out, but I dont see Kongo ever beating the likes of Brock, Dos Santos or Cain

Dos Santos. Looking better and better. I dunno ObSkewer - I saw this one coming a mile off. I knew that Gonzaga had a chance - hes a big powerful guy with a lot of weapons in his arsenal, but Dos Santos standup is shockingly good, and I thought it was just a matter of when he would connect with Gonzagas chin.

Jones. Watch out Machida, Shogun etc....not much more too say - reinforces my opinion of him every time he fights. Pure talent. Wrecking machine. Vera was doing OK'ish, you could tell Bones had respect for Veras Muay Thai, but what a brutal elbow, must have smashed his cheek bone or something. Ouch.
Was really looking forward to more of a war here, but didnt turn out that way.

The Doomsday fight they showed was great, I was thinking perhaps I shouldve picked Ninja for this one, but then Bam....out cold - the 2 full power follow up shots were unnecessary though.

All in all, a good event, but not great.....all about 111 now !!!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:49 pm 
Special

I think this event was good.

Jones was again very impressive. His elbows are like steel and he knows how to use them. I like his style a lot because he just gives everything he has and does not hold back to calculate his odds. That makes him very unpredictable and that is what I like most. Thumbs up to Herb Dean by asking him if he was ok after the illegal kick in the face and mostly for giving Jones back his position, which was not known to the commentators.

Kongo had a great game plan and eventually just drained all the energy out of Buentello. Weird tap out moment though but I think that was because Buentello just gave up because he was too tired and had no chance unless he would throw a lucky punch.

Junior Dos Santos was not my pick but he really threw in a great counter punch. I thought Gonzaga would be the one with the KO because of the fact that he was more massive but boy was I wrong.

The Sandman looked slow and I must give my admiration to the referee again that he saw it was a punch and not a poke in the eye. Irvin did try to act his way out of this by saying it was a poke but nah uhhh.

Howard's KO was awesome but the referee here looked a bit late to me. First punch already did the job and he gave it two more before the referee jumped in to stop the fight. The eyes of Robert looked creepy when he was out.

I do think it was weird that only one preliminary card bout was aired and I read here that some think it was probably because of a tight time schedule. But I have my doubts on that. A lot of these fights did not go all the way and that means to me that there is space for more. I don't know if other fights of the prelim card ended up before the given time but I think one bout more would have been possible.

Concerning my picks, it seems the prelim card and Junior messed this up big time. However not knowing any of these fighters makes it just a random pick. If it was not for Jonny's additions of the fighter profiles I would hardly know any of them :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:58 pm 
Special

I agree with Subvert...

For me Jones wow..he is so strong and aggressive like the tyson of mma right now for me, the kid is gonna be a hell of a fighter not that he isnt now. Jones almost throws to kill he is a very dangerous young man and the 205 div should be doing a tim sylvia and shitting their pants right now.

JDS..i wanna see him take on cain a s a p.

Kongo looked good but the headhunter looked small and one dimensional against Kongo...has that ever been said in the same sentence before??

Good news folks 2 fights from undercard are on the new ufc unleashed shown before the final primetime this week... 8-) the Guida fight and the brendan schaub (spelt wrong) fight will be the two featured fights on unleashed from ufc on verses 1

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]