[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - MMAWeek 2: Lombard vs. Santos (March 9-15, Spoilers etc....)

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:44 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: MMAWeek 2: Lombard vs. Santos (March 9-15, Spoilers etc....)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:39 am 

Writer's Note: Holy shit, this coming week is awful. Of all weeks in of the year, I had to write this second episode now. Through late March, April, May, and June, all the major and even semi-major companies have great shows planned. But this week, uggghhh *shuuder*...so please bear with me this week. Admittedly, I don't know much about these fighters and I'm watching/rooting strictly for title fights and because i like to see champs retain in a dominant matter. I have pretty much nothing to add this week, so please just hang tough, watch some old UFC or Pride DVDs and wait til next week, when there is a SHITLOAD of MMA events.

THE WEEK THAT WAS

Fighters of the Week:

1. Dominick Cruz (WEC): Became the new WEC Bantamweight Champion after a defeat of Brian Bowles. Weird as the injury stoppage was, Cruz dominated the fight and earned the strap.
2. Jorge Santiago (Sengoku): Avenged his loss to Mamed Khalidov by wearing down the challenger en route to a 5-round decision win to retain his Sengoku Middleweight Championship.
3. Joseph Benavidez (WEC): Pulled off a massive upset by dominating Miguel Torres and forcing a tap out of the former WEC Bantamweight champ.
4. Marlon Sandro (Sengoku): Knocked out Tomonari Kanomata in nine seconds and earned a Featherweight title shot against Masanori Kanehara. Sandro is just scary and has been a destroyer of men since the bizarre decision loss to Omigawa in August.
5. Javier Vasquez (WEC): Possibly retired a legend by putting on a ground clinic against Jens Pulver and submitting him by an armbar.
6. Bart Palaszewski (WEC) The IFL veteran finally got his big win in WEC when he tapped out Karen Darabedyan with an armbar in the 1st at WEC 47. I've been tooting this guy's horn for awhile and it's about damned time he came through.
7. Maximo Blanco (Sengoku): The fast-rising lightweight continued his ascent up the ladder by soccer kicking Chang Hyun Kim out in 70 seconds.
8. Akihiro Gono (Sengoku): Gono has won his last three fights and shows he still has some gas left in the tank with a win over Diego Gonzalez.
9. Jake Rosholt (XFL): One of my favorite fighters gets his first win after being unjustly let go from the UFC with a W over Rudy Lindsey. I really want to see him return to a big promotion, as I feel he's just scratching the surface of his potential.
10. Justin Wren (ROF): Continues his TUF momentum by TKOing Josh Henry in the 1st at Ring of Fire. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the upper-mid orgs came calling.

Quote of the Week:

"I hope Hardy dies of AIDS." - Marcus Davis

Upset of the Week:

Dominick Cruz def. Brian Bowles

Event of the Week:

WEC 47

---------------------------------------------------------

March 9-March 15

THE WEEK THAT WILL BE

SportFight 27: Wild Card
March 12
Grande Ronde, Oregon

Notable Fights:
Demetrious Johnson (BW #33) vs. Tyson Nam (BW #64)
Nathan Coy (c) (MW #172) vs. Travis Bush (For SportFight Welterweight Championship)

Cage Fighting Championship 12
March 12
Sydney, Australia

Notable Fights:
Hector Lombard (c) (MW #23) vs. Art Santore (MW #175) (For CFC Middleweight Championship)
Adrian Pang (c) (LW #194) vs. Bernardo Trekko (For CFC Lightweight Championship)
Gustavo Falciroli (FW #60) vs. Richie Vas (For CFC Bantamweight Championship)

KOTC: Uppercut
March 13
Laughlin, Nevada

Notable Fights:
Scottie Merritt vs. Thomas Kenney

Knockout Promotions: The Gauntlet 1
March 13
Salamanca, New York

Notable Fights:
Bobby Favors vs. Johnathan Ivey (HW #218)
Chris Howard vs. Mike Geurin

HEAT 13
March 14
Tokyo, Japan

Notable Fights:

Yoon Young Kim (WW #141) vs. Yoshitaro Niimi (For Vacant HEAT Welterweight Championship)

-----------------------------------------------

Fighters I'm Rooting For This Week:

1. Hector Lombard
2. Demetrious Johnson
3. Johnathan Ivey
4. Adrian Pang
5. Nathan Coy

Best Cards:

1. CFC 12
2. SportFight 27
3. HEAT 13
4. KOTC: Uppercut
5. Knockout Promotions: The Gauntlet 1

Fights I'm Looking Forward To:

1. Art Santore vs. Hector Lombard
2. Demetrious Johnson vs. Tyson Nam
3. Yoon Young Kim vs. Yoshitaro Niimi
4. Bobby Favors vs. Johnathan Ivey
5. Nathan Coy vs. Travis Bush

The Final Word:

Like I said before, horrible, horrible week for fighting. Hector Lombard and Demetrious Johnson are both fun to watch, but overall, meh. Alas, I soldier on, unwilling to take a week off and be labeled as a noob, or even worse...a troll! I shall fight on for you, men, bringing you the best of torrent site free message board mediocre informative posts! They may take our interesting fight cards this week! But they'll never take...MY LAPTOP!

*imaginary crowd cheers, BVandDietPepsi passes out drunk*

185 - Chael Sonnen (R-Oregon), Hendo, Quarry, Lombard, Marquardt, Lawlor
205 - Hamill, Captain America, Ace Franklin, Bones, King Mo
265 - Grim Rogers, Mir, Anyone fighting Brock, Big Country, Struve

Post subject: Re: MMAWeek 2: Lombard vs. Santos (March 9-15, Spoilers etc....)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:49 am 
Special

Lol good one mate.

Just set your mind on whats coming the next few weeks - particularly the end of March.

WOW.

:mrgreen:

..::::..

Post subject: Re: MMAWeek 2: Lombard vs. Santos (March 9-15, Spoilers etc....)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:54 pm 
Site Admin

Thanks for update mate, great reading :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]