[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] WEC 47

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] WEC 47
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:38 am 
Special

Use this thread to discuss WEC 47

..::::..

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] WEC 47
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:39 pm 

What a great event.

Benavidez took Torres apart!

I felt bad for Bowles and Pulver as well.

Looking for a top rate seedbox at discount prices? http://dentoo.info/shop

"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this?" - Raphael to Casey Jones in TMNT, 1990.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:51 pm 
Special

BP pulled one out of his ass. Nice finish though.

Deividas Taurosevicius got robbed. I scored the fight 30-28 DT. Bonnar made a comment that the ref standing them up after the takedown by LC in the final round was a good thing for DT, as many judges might think he was losing the fight down there. That's a piss-poor judge who scores it like that (and I suspect that's the case here, seeing as LC won) - DT clearly had the control on the floor and had stopped everything LC could do, had gained mission control and was throwing in loads of punches to LC's face while he waited for the ref to stand them up.

Javier Vazquez - As expected, really. Pulver very classy as he retires again.

Scott Jorgensen - Another great performance. The standing choke is such a good weapon it's odd we don't see it a lot more often.

Benevidez was excellent throughout, while Torres looked hesitant and a bit gun-shy. The final takedown and GnP was really good and, as Todd Harris said, if Torres didn't tap the fight was gonna get stopped for that cut anyway.

Pettis - Superb headkick. Love it! ;-)

What happened in the main event? Cruz was clearly winning the fight, but a shitty end to the match. Cruz fought like the lepper beggar in Life of Brian, hehe. Bowles looked poor throughout, but I guess a broken hand would do that to you...

Some big upsets, all the fights entertaining, good finishes to most of them. A disasterous event for my picks !

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 am 
Special

Nice event but not as exciting as UFC 110 imo.

Good submissions, an awesome head kick and some disappointments like the clinch against the cage fight and of course the broken hand.

Nice interview with Pulver, he stole a few more hearts there. Looks like his end has come.

Scott was short and tight :P

It also showed that size not always matters. If you are not sure just ask Torres.

Too bad about the main event. It could have been such a great fight. Cruz looked very well and varied his attacks a lot but it is indeed not easy to fight with a broken hand, if it was indeed broken. Then again he was also beaten up.

I was kinda disappointed in the Davis fight as it was rather boring to watch them clinching at the cage and I was also a little disappointed at the crowd booing so much. You can have a favourite for sure but you gotta respect the opponent in some way too unless he disrespects you as a crowd or as a fighter.

Don't know about my picks but I think it is definitely not the best but most I forgot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:39 pm 
Special

Loved the submission heavy event! Nice to see some slick submission finishes, including a couple that came out of nowhere! Made me very happy in my BJJ place.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 am 
Special

Spot on Ob.....

Felt really sorry for Torres as Im pretty sure he only got caught like he did as he had so much blood all over him and particularly in his eyes - all it takes is having to blink a couple of times and you miss a small sign of your opponents intent - then bam, too late...
Dunno if he would have won the fight if he hadnt got cut (and ouch that was a big gash on his forehead) but he certainly had a chance.

In the main even I had stated time and time again that I thought Cruz would win (and lol @ 'spare a shackle for an old ex-leper') and at the last moment when submitting my picks i bottled it and went with Bowles (I blame that on you pepaseed!). Gutted. He destroyed bowles. I dunno if hed fare too much better without the hand injury.

Vasquez looked sick as you would expect but Pulver was right - I dont wanna see him keep getting beat up on and subsequently crying - not for the reasons that he thinks, just coz its boring...

Scotty Jorgensens choke was dope, just as Chad George was tapping did you see his legs in the air flailing around....

Great sub by Palaszewski but another case in recent events where Ive picked a fighter who was being utterly dominant and has somehow ended up losing...

Pettis headkick one of the most full on ive seen. Goodnight lol...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:56 am 
Special

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:22 pm 
Special

by Loretta Hunt (lhunt@sherdog.com)

Joseph Benavidez earned an event-high $39,000 for his second-round guillotine over former bantamweight king Miguel Torres at WEC 47 “Bowles vs. Cruz ” Saturday at the Nationwide Arena, according to figures released Monday by the Ohio State Athletic Commission.

Benavidez’s haul included a $10,000 performance bonus distributed by the promotion for “Submission of the Night.” Torres earned $26,000 for his second straight defeat in the cage.

In the evening’s main attraction, Dominick Cruz locked in his sixth consecutive victory for the promotion with a second-round technical knockout over Brian Bowles to become bantamweight champion. Cruz took home $18,000 for the biggest win of his career; Bowles made $12,000.

WEC 47 Payouts

Dominick Cruz -- $18,000 (including $9,000 win bonus)
def.
Brian Bowles -- $12,000

Joseph Benavidez -- $39,000 (including $14,500 win bonus, $10,000 submission bonus)
def.
Miguel Torres -- $26,000

Javier Vazquez -- $12,000 (including $6,000 win bonus)
def.
Jens Pulver -- $14,000

L.C. Davis -- $18,000 (including $9,000 win bonus)
def.
Deividas Taurosevicius -- $9,000

Bart Palaszewski -- $12,000 (including $6,000 win bonus)
def.
Karen Darabedyan -- $4,000

Scott Jorgensen -- $16,000 (including $8,000 win bonus)
def.
Chad George -- $3,000

Chad Mendes -- $8,000 (including $4,000 win bonus)
def.
Erik Koch -- $3,000

Anthony Pettis -- $16,000 (including $3,000 win bonus, $10,000 knockout bonus)
def.
Danny Castillo -- $9,500

Leonard Garcia -- $24,000 (no win bonus, $10,000 FOTN bonus)
drew with
George Roop -- $13,000 (no win bonus, including $10,000 FOTN bonus)

Fredson Paixao-- $4,000 (including $2,000 win bonus)
def.
Courtney Buck -- $3,000

Ricardo Lamas -- $10,000 (including $5,000 win bonus)
def.
Bendy Casimir -- $3,000

Note: These numbers, sent to Sherdog.com by the Ohio State Athletic Commission, are disclosed pay only. They do not include additional bonuses or percentages of other revenue.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:09 am 
Site Admin

This was a great WEC, most of all because there where 2 co main events and 1 main event. Even if the main event didnt play out to be a very exiting fight it was great to see Cruz happy and you cant say he doesnt deserve the win. He was moving very nice, great feetwork and headmovement, just like he said he would.

Miguel Torres vs. Joseph Benavidez: Shame as mentioned before about the blood. I wonder what happens to Torres now...

Jens Pulver doesnt have to win to be exiting lol, weird but true.

Overall there where some great finishes and ko's in this event that made it even better.

I enjoyed the event very much :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]