[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] Strikeforce - Miami

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 12:40 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] Strikeforce - Miami
PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:12 pm 
Site Admin

It's always very interesting to read your opinions guys. That we dont agree on everything just makes it better.

It's interesting that Dragonfoxy who just started to watch MMA not long ago found this card easier to follow then others he has seen. That could indicate that this was a rather entertaining event even if the some hardcore fans could find many holes in the production. to have an already negative opinion about Strikeforce and their fighters/matchmaking is surely an influence in opinion about the event too.

I can only say that Rome was not built in one day. I really didnt like UFC when they started off. I like some of the things I see in Strikeforce a lot. And I see a potential for the future if they learn from their misstakes each event. I found this event better coordinated and produced then the last. But then thats just me.

Let me ask you something else. Would you rather NOT have seen Diaz vs. Zarmoskis and Lawler vs. Manhoef? I doubt that UFC would be able to take in all fighters out there just for your personal pleassure. In the end it is good that there are other organisations and unless people will trash them totally with unfair critisism they might actually grow with the sport and improove too. But dont count on it happening if they dont get the support of the fans!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 7:09 pm 

i dont see how anyone was disappointed in this event other then ufc ???? riders really enjoyed it personally great event

..::::..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:16 pm 
Special

The event wasn't terrible... I don't follow strikeforce as much as UFC/DREAM, but I DID have the feeling that these fights were mismatches, enjoyable though the fights were. Understandable for Cyborg/Coenen (lack of competition) and Walker/Nagy (Give the guy a puddin' for his debut fight). The only decent matchup as far as I could tell was Zaromskis/Diaz, but Zaromskis' getting a title shot in his strikeforce debut?

Also, I don't nessesarily agree with three commentators being a bad idea. The K-1 World GP final had Kogan, Schiavello, and Sefo commentating. Three boys that know exactly what they're talking about, and commentate honestly. The result was nothing short of adequate, informative, and entertaining..

What I do have a problem with is Shamrock (who knows what he's talking about, but can't talk), and That Other Guy Who Isn't Mauro (who seems to be the opposite), and then they're all tripping over each other, and can't decide who's doing the play by play, and who's doing to color commentary.

Shamrocks keys to victory, as always, are unnesasary to the point of useless.

The production values seemed rushed, and the camerawork was pretty poor. As previously mentioned, referees were getting in the way, angles wrong, can't see the action properly half the time... The crew probably aren't dedicated to shooting MMA, and Strikeforce probably has to make do with what Showtime provides. Also, pyrotechnics. They just seem wrong, except in Japan, were they're used (almost) exclusively for the opening ceremonies, and therefore fit in quite well.

TL;DR: Enjoyable fights. Everything else was suspect and detracted from the experience.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:26 am 
Special

Yeah, I have to say that this was a good event - probably 7/8 out of 10. Any accusations that is was a seriously poor show are just wrong - I've seen way worse. Try going back and watching EliteXC events...

I agree that Troy Waugh is usually a bad omen - poor timing on decisions and one of those refs who can't stop telling ground fighters to "work", or he's going to make it a kickboxing match. However, I didn't think he was too bad that night and I can live with all the stoppages (I am someone who thinks a fighter covering up and lying there face-down on the mat is a time to stop the fight).

I thought all the fights were entertaining and, barring the Manheof/Lawler fight, the best people on the night definately won. I was suprised at the Zaromskis fight (I picked him to win), but seeing them both in the cage and the clear reach advantage Diaz had, it ruined Zaromskis's night and he couldn't deal with it.

I'm also not keen on Shamrock being there, but he is a name and a face, and that's what Strikeforce are needing the most. I really hope his fight with Miletich doesn't go ahead though...

Edit: Zaromskis was definately a worthy contender for the belt, even in his Strikeforce debut. He was on a 4-fight streak and is the Dream welterweight champ, he is exciting, and win or lose would be a great prospect in Strikeforce for the future also. What's not to like about him getting the shot?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2