[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Important HDTV encoding suggestion for RUDOS and other uppers! EXAMPLE ENCODES ADDED!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: Important HDTV encoding suggestion for RUDOS and other uppers! EXAMPLE ENCODES ADDED!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:39 pm 

Hey,

after experimenting alot with encoding 1080i material, I found the best way to encode it at native resolution (1920x1080) is to leave it interlaced.

Deinterlacing significantly takes away of motion fluidity, also the quality difference of deinterlacing methods is varying alot.

If you gonna use one of the best deinterlacers like QTGMC, it will significantly slow down the encoding process. Depending on QTGMC preset it might take few days to encode a UFC event for example.

After several tests I found out leaving the source interlaced (x264 parameter "-tff" top field first) and just lowerig the bitrate gives the best quality and motion fluidity.

My Dune HD player supports motion adaptive deinterlacing, as do many PC media players like VLC, MPC offer a variety of deinterlacing methods.

So if one of you knows RUDOS or other guys who cap MMA events, aks them to give this a try please.

This is how an interlaced x264 video looks like in MediaInfo:

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 4mn 19s
Bit rate : 5 500 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25.000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : MBAFF (interlaced)

Trust me guys, its better for everyone of us, if MMA cappers encode with those settings. Instead of deinterlacing HDTV cap and probably resizing it to 720p, which takes alot of encoding time, the best way would be to encode the files to 1080i-29.976 or 1080i-25.000 and probably even 2-passing the encode, it would still prolly be faster than deinterlacing+resizing to 720p.

Edit:

Here some encoding comparison, when deinterlacing the video or leaving it interlaced.

IMPORTANT: watch it with Media Player Classic (or better MPC Home Cinema), as it automatically deinterlaces the file if its interlaced.

Best is- you make a playlist in MPC and add all 3 files and watch one after another. Pay Attention to the wall on the right side, when the camera slides up.

15 MB

Remember I do it for the favour of our whole community, so please give it a fair chance @ Admins/Mods and those who know RUDOS or other encoders.

Last edited by FrankMir on Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:16 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Important HDTV encoding suggestion for RUDOS and other uppers!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:49 am 
Special

Sweet info

Ive gotta say that RUDOS has become my favourite encoder more so that KYR

Post subject: Re: Important HDTV encoding suggestion for RUDOS and other uppers!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:28 pm 

Yes, the desicion to encode in 1080p was pro. Also giving the encodes more bitrate (bigger files) was pro.

I mean how many times do we watch an event? 1 time most likely. Now I would definately be willing to DL 1-2 GB more to have much better image quality.

Now if he will try and encode in 1080 interlaced with x264, basically 1080i-29,976 (smoother motion, more fluid movement), he will be the king.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:02 pm 
Special

Word RUDOS is the mothafuckin man..or girl/? sick capper props

shout to Helpish too facebook prelim king

..::::..

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:58 am 

Here some encoding comparison, when deinterlacing the video or leaving it interlaced.

IMPORTANT: watch it with Media Player Classic, as it automatically deinterlaces the file if its interlaced.

Best is- you make a playlist in MPC and add all 3 files and watch one after another. Pay Attention to the wall on the right side, when the camera slides up.

15 MB

http://netload.in/dateiaSehZ403D3.htm

Remember I do it for the favour of our whole community, so please give it a fair chance @ Admins/Mods and those who know RUDOS or other encoders.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]