[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Seeding

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Seeding
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:05 am 

Does seeding eat into your bandwidth, like it does downloading?

Post subject: Re: Seeding
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:20 am 
Special

You have two kinds of speeds provided by your internet provider. Download speed and Upload speed. As example you might have a 20/1 connection.

Your download speed is often the highest one and is of course for downloading files and thus will be effected when you download but also when you browse the net or watch or listen to a stream.

Your upload speed is the speed that is for a connection from you to someone else so when someone downloads a file from you or you are the one streaming something or hosting a website or whatever it will effect your upload speed. However this is only when someone is getting the file and not just the seeding itself.

So to answer your question does seeding effect your upload speed. Yes but only if someone grabs the file from you and not when you are just offering the file.

Hope I was clear enough, if not feel free to ask more details ;)

..::::..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:23 am 

Basically, i get, (i dont know) like 8 gigs a month too download (close too), so if i was too say put this up for a week, and grab 1.5 gigs, but upload 6 gigs? Then i would have none left?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:26 am 
Special

Hi Ridah,

That depends on your ISP. Some will include download and upload towards your data allowance. Whereas most only include downloads. You will need to check with them.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:27 am 

thank you for the quick replies, i will try too find this information.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:30 am 
Special

You're welcome. If you need any additional help just let us know.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:43 am 

that's what it has in my plan? So i can only assume it does. When paypal comes through i am giving money anyhow, which keeps me above the quota :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:01 am 
Special

They may include that for your records. It still may not count towards your data allowance.

The best thing to do would be to check the plan details on the website or call and speak to them.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:06 am 
Special

You can also check with your provider if it is possible to increase your data limit. Maybe they have some buy off or a better data package available for a few bucks. My provider once gave me the option to buy off the data limit for a few bucks a month (several years ago) now it is just normal here to have no data limit at all. Never hurts to ask ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:09 am 

No i realise, i get 26 gb a month :) which is a lot because the only thing i do download is the one UFC PPV a month ahah :), though its the difference between seeding for two days and seeding for 2 weeks. Ill keep hunting.

Thanks for all the quick replies

EDIT: My second question, if i set my seeding too a bit slower, you guys ban for a hit and run offense, so what i am asking is, how often do you check (every week)?, i can download a gig in about ten mins, there is no way i could upload (seed) back that quick, do you check it weekly?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next