[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Non MMA related movies on stream?

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 6:40 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Non MMA related movies on stream?
Yes 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
No 17%  17%  [ 2 ]
I dont care really 42%  42%  [ 5 ]
Total votes : 12
 Post subject: Non MMA related movies on stream?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:09 pm 
Site Admin

We where thinking that now that we have the possibility to stream anything you might be interested in something like sunday movies or something like that once a week. Could be some recent movie or something good. It could off course be mma related but Im not sure we will be able to find some mma related movie thats worth watching every week.

So my question for all VIP members is, would you like us to put movies that are not mma related on the streams?

Just vote above and feel free to write any comments below.

Thank you in advance for participating and helping us get better :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: Non MMA related movies on stream?
PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:31 pm 
Special

I voted Yes because of a few reasons.

First of all I like to see movies but due to limited space on my hard drive and the fact that it is hard to know what movies to download it would be very cool to have access to a stream where you can just watch them without using up HDD space and needing to share what you have downloaded. If this would be MMA related is fine but also non related would be lovely.

Second of all, it is called cinema so that kinda refers to movies ;)

But most of all because I am not that interested in like 15-30 minutes of a show I normally would not watch yet could download in a shorter time than most films. I think it is nice to have MMA related stuff as well but shorter shows are a little waste of the nice stream in my opinion. Would be better if for instance it was possible to have several shows in a row, like a playlist. In that case you use the tool for a longer period too.

What I would love next to a movie is older events like the wonderful AFL releases that have been released. This is also a longer period of time and gives people like me, who have not seen a lot of old events the opportunity to watch them as well.

So in short we might be able to mix it like a movie of the week during the weekend and then an event of the week during the weekdays and keep those for a few days so we can all watch it when we would have time and it might even give some family members a feeling of, wow what a great site this is. Even when they are not that interested in MMA at first :D

..::::..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:15 pm 

I voted don't care. I get my movies on hd torrent sites

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:34 am 

I go elsewhere for my movies. I download everything and don't watch anything on this, my server computer. Then I stream from this server computer to my old modded x-box or my PS3.

I see it as a lot of work if you guys want to do it right...and there are already a ton of sites that already do it...

I download on average about 2 full movies a day. I don't download non MMA stuff using torrents because of speed. I max out at 1.2MB a sec....so a 700 meg movie in about 6.5 minutes when downloading from Megaupload (no signing up...max 1 GB files...so 1.4 GB movies need to be split in 2)...megaupload also has megavideo for streaming things. I just go to release websites and download entire movies. (probably not suppose to say what sites I visit....there is also a MMA website that I check from time to time that strictly streams MMA fights....they currently have up the Impact FC 2 event that has yet to be released on this website...it is free no sign up...but I don't want the single fights streamed to my laptop, I want the whole event and I want to download it and share it with the rest of the users here)

Actually, when you upload movies to a site that streams, it re-encodes the video, usually makes it flash or re-contains the file and I find it degrades the movie. Maybe it's just the sites I have seen, but I've tried a few sites like that on multiple computers and none of them stream as nicely as a full movie. Especially movies that have been encoded properly...like AVI files encoded by real release groups that do it right...good 5.1/AC3 audio....much better that being played back through some shitty flash player.

This computer, my server computer doesn't even have a monitor, so for me, it's useless. I download, then I stream to my 60 inch TV. That is why I voted no.

I just hope that anyone involved with actually doing the work, knows how much work and uploading it can be. Guess it all depends on how files would be streamed, but another concern I have is that huge companies are still getting harassed and files are being removed by the request of the RIAA and by the motion picture corporations. Rapidshare, is one of the companies that has been in trouble as of late.

Also, how would you keep the streamed movies hidden from the masses, have streamed site with one name and password for everyone? Code it into the MMA-torrent page? (how long would that last before some douche finds the credentials puts it on some other sites....etc.) I just think it's a lot of work. And I was really interested in MMA-Torrents because it is specifically MMA and MMA related stuff. Keep it low key....we don't need the riff raff :)

Either way....there's my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:11 am 
Site Admin

You are completely wrong. It takes me 1 minute to add a new movie. No reencoding is made whatsoever, The streamed quality is exactly the same as the original, there is no difference at all. We stream XviD or mkv and dont have to change any formats.

Seriously I am not sure where you get your info...

And also, Im less interested in knowing why you are not interested, a simple no will do. What Im looking for in comments are constructive opinions. Im not interested in knowing you download elsewhere (or where) because I dont think there is one member that doesnt. Due to the fact that we dont upload movies regularely its pretty obvious that if someone wanna download one they do it elsewhere.

Come one guys!

The question was, and I repeat:

Would you be interested in seing a movie once a week that not necesarrily doesnt have to do specificly with MMA. Yes, no or I dont care.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:19 am 
Special

I'm also short on HDD space so I think it would be nice to have latest hits. We spent same amount of speed on downloading and streaming and it's not like many of us watch all the movies we get for more then once :D

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:02 pm 
Site Admin

res0r9lm if you are not VIP why do you even come here and post? You cant watch the streams anyways so until you are VIP your opinion is rather uninteresting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:54 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:12 pm 
Site Admin

I understand what you mean but we are not using an external site for the streams. We stream the original file directly instead of upping it to youtube etc. Its what we are doing in the VIP cinema streams right now:

http://mma-torrents.com/cinema.php?action=archive

You can test it out if you are VIP. I have asked around and so far nobody has actually told me they had any problems watching the streams so it I imagine that you should be able to too.

edit: btw i have actually not voted myself yet, im not sure its a good idea but after members telling me they really apprechiated the A-Team movie on the stream and suggesting we put more movies I thought that maybe its something more would like. Personally I am not for or against it. Hence the poll.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:32 am 

I don't see why not, it won't do any harm I suppose. If anything it'll give me something to watch at work when I'm bored and can't download stuff to watch!

Yes, go for it...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 11 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next