[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Does the seeding have to be continou 48 hours?

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:00 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Does the seeding have to be continou 48 hours?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:38 am 

Does the seeding have to be continous 48 hours?
Am I gonna be banned if my connnetion is disconnected for just 1 hour when I have downloaded some file?

I can seed in any daytime~but I usually turn off my computer while i'm sleeping..
Because she makes some noise :cry:

Please answer my question.

Always thank you for all fantastic data and information!!

Post subject: Re: Does the seeding have to be continous 48 hours?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:17 am 
Special

Yeah you cant download and disconnect an hour later as you will look like a bad user and end up with warnings and ban, the 48 hours is a guideline so everyone on the site gets good speeds. You should seed during the day like you do and do this for a few days until you have uploaded over as much as you have taken from the site or if you have a seedbox just leave it there to seed.

..::::..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:32 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:39 am 
Special

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:47 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:16 pm 
Special

:D glad i could help and thanks for asking shows you care about the site and others..enjoy mma torrents dude. :P

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

This is not a personal answer to the first poster, but more a general guideline

You should leave your computer running at night, remember that we have members from all over the world. "Night" really means nothing for people that just wake up somewhere else in the world.

The whole idea with a torrent tracker is that everybody keeps on seeding after downloading a file. That is how you gain ratio and this is how everybody gets the best speeds possible. Remember that if your ratio goes too low you will be autodisabled.

The individual ratio you have on one file should not make you think "well now I can stop seeding", the idea is to share as much as possible to as many as possible for as long time as possible.

I understand that for some people the idea of having the computer turned on 24/7 is strange but the fact is that it is better for a computer to run consitantly.

Havnig too little harddrive space is no excuse. A new HDD cost next to nothing today. If you are not prepared to sacrifice anything you are not entitled to get anything either.

Finally, it is about the spirit of sharing, not the ratio. We are a community and we all help eachother out because we have the same interest. Too many focus on numbers and days you seed. Personally I have been seeding some files for over a year without being offline for more then maybe a few hours, its not too much to ask that you seed for only 2 days, wich is nothing, without turning off your computer.

Anybody reading this that do not like these rules and dont feel that giving back to the community is a priority, just say so and I can delete your account immediately and you dont have to worry about it anymore.

After finishing a download you MUST seed for 48 hours consistantly, after that it is ok to continue seeding randomly or remove the file, but I dont recommend it.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:41 pm 

I'd like to reply to this with a scenario that sometimes prevents me from seeding consistently for a length of time. This will probably sound familiar to a lot of people, apparently it affects many private trackers.

I download a torrent. I finish downloading all the files in the torrent, and start to seed. I'm on my way to seeding a solid 48 hours when I have to restart my PC or torrent client for some reason. When my client tries to handshake with the tracker upon restart, it is rejected with the error: You may only leech from one location at a time!(or similar). But wait, I'm seeding, not leeching - I have 100% finished. Why?

I've been researching and tweaking certain advanced utorrent client options. I came across this one, which reads:
peer.lazy_bitfield: Some ISPs block seeding by looking for the complete bitfield and closing the connection. When enabled, BitTorrent Mainline does not send the complete bitfield, but a sample of it, so as to prevent blocking of seeding.
This is defaulted to true. Could this be the reason a tracker rejects my client's offer to seed, because my client is "hiding" the complete bitfield, and therefore assumes I'm trying to leech?
I don't know how trackers work, so I can't speculate on why they even assume i'm "Trying to leech from more than one location" in the first place. This might however be the reason the tracker rejects utorrent as a leech, even though its actually attempting to seed.
These are just more observations resulting from research I'm doing on my own time that might prove useful in isolating certain problems people are having with seeding. I really haven't come up with anything absolutely conclusive yet, but if some of this stuff checks out I might be able to help people having trouble contributing to this community due to technical issues.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 12:47 am 
Site Admin

Hey, we are no facists, we will not just ban without asking first. Dont worry if you do all you can, we see everything and we know who does their best and who dont.

What you are talking about sometimes happens when for example your ip changes or you reboot. I know and you dont have to worry about us jumping on you for that. Most that could happen is that you recieve a question from a mod of to why . But its a different thing if you constantly download and then stop seeding almost immediately.

We are all human and we cant be 100% perfect off course, but we can try our best :)

Aprechiate that you brought it up.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: Does the seeding have to be continou 48 hours?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:45 am 

I might be mis-understanding the rules but from what I read was you have to seed minimum of 48 hrs no matter what ratio you have on the torrent. I seldomly use this tracker for this reason. If it was 48hrs or ratio based like other trackers I would definitely use tracker alot more not that I wouldn't seed for 48 hrs mostly I seed thing for weeks but I just don't like to be bound to the 48 hour rule

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next