[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Does the seeding have to be continou 48 hours?

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:22 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Does the seeding have to be continou 48 hours?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:29 am 
Special

..::::..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 10:39 am 
Site Admin

Personally I never understood the problem.

You want to download but you dont want to follow the rules so that other can download with good speeds too. Very nice! If you have a good ratio on a specific torrent set the upload speed slower, but dont just remove it. Incredible that 2 days are so hard to seed a file and that that prevents you from using the tracker... Thats your problem, not ours.

If you cant follow the rules wining about them is not gonna help you.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:44 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:15 pm 
Site Admin

jusy seed as much as you can and dont worry

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:18 pm 

I fully understand the 48 hour rule, it's common courtesy. However my current situation is not one that necessarily allows me to seed for 48 hours. When the recession kicked in my wife and I had to move back with family, it's not my connection and unfortunately I can't stay connected constantly. (I'm not making excuses, I have a valid point to make! ;) )

With this in mind I want to make another contribution, so I make donations and pay for ViP. So to those who perhaps have problems and don't think the rules should apply to you, at least make an effort by donating to the cause. I'll keep donating to try my best to keep this place alive, I feel bad about not being able to seed for the minimum 48 hours, but I feel as long as I'm making a contribution to the community as a whole it's better than nothing.

Once we're back in our own place, I'll continue to donate, but with the added goodness of full time seeding.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

The important thing is that you do your best and show good intentions. Off course we will not ban a person that has a ratio of 5.0 on a torrent (just an example) if he stops seeding after 32 hours, its common sense. But we do what we can to make sure people avoid downloading a file, hence leeching it from others until he gets it, and then removing the seed and stop seeding before he has even uploaded anything at all or very little on the torrent.
If a user always seeds for long time on almost all torrents but one time removes a file earlier then the usual because of some unkown reason we wont ban him or even warn him either.

Its all about preventing that people leech and leech and leech and never give anything back. We are a community and its important that every member does his/her part to make sure we continue to exist, and one part of that is making sure that you give back to the other members the same as they give to you.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:20 pm 
Special

To add a little thing as well, we also like to prevent torrents from going dead. At least that is my opinion but I am sure I am not the only one. Sure some shows are maybe not that interesting to see because the event it was previewing has been aired already etc. But certain torrents are timeless and new members should be able to get them too. Events, packs, learning dvd's, things like that are the things we wish to give and keep on giving.

So in stead of watching for 48 hours or ratio based it is always nice that members think, hey I will keep this torrent alive, seed it for a long time so people can keep on getting it. And then you will be getting the ratio as well. That way the community and the tracker will also keep on giving and make people smile.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:05 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:26 pm 
Special

Word up kids.

Just a quick note - am off on holiday for a couple of weeks from tomorrow lunchtime.
Have only just started Bellator 25 downloading (been waiting all day for XviD but can't hold back any longer!) so I definitely won't be able to seed for 48 hours. Just thought I'd leave a note here to say I haven't run off so don't ban me - will be back in a couple of weeks and will keep everything seeding for AT LEAST another 48 hours after I return! :)

Cheers all. lenoz x

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 am 
Special

No worries and have a nice vacation m8.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2