[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - uTorrent UTP settings (was: Deluge has much faster uploads)

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:02 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: uTorrent UTP settings (was: Deluge has much faster uploads)
PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:37 am 

Simply put, for a reason I would like to figure out, Deluge has significantly faster and more consistent upload rates to this tracker than I am able to obtain with any version of utorrent.

I've noticed a strange phenomenon with utorrent, in both 1.8.x and 2.0. When i start the client, i get decent upload rates to this tracker, but over time the consistency and speed drops to a fraction of a kilobyte. When using Deluge for Windows however, my upload rate pretty much stays capped regardless of how long I keep the program open.

I've played with the "who's who" of options in both programs, and have made sure my Win7 firewall is set correctly with each respective program.

After using both programs I prefer the interface and coding of utorrent vastly over the open-source Deluge. Also, in comparison to utorrent, Deluge leaves a much larger disk and memory footprint. I also don't like having to install the GTK+ runtime on my machine just to use a torrent client.

Simply put, Deluge outperforms utorrent in the area of consistently fast upload speeds, especially when its been left on for a long time. I would like to see if anyone else notices this. If they do, we might be able to isolate exactly what about utorrent causes very inconsistent upload rates when Deluge doesn't.

I'd like to see if this is a problem with my local system or simply all users of utorrent, and if any of you would be willing to installing Deluge to see if you get better upload rates, we could isolate the problem to utorrent. I would have no idea if its utorrent's ability to connect with the tracker or simply other peers on the tracker, but maybe someone who knows the inner workings of the tracker could rule out the tracker being the problem.

There have been a lot of reports of bad upload rates on this tracker, and after using Deluge and noticing vastly better upload rates, I'm starting to think its related to the utorrent client.

I would appreciate it if anyone who notices slower than expected upload speeds while using utorrent would try Deluge and see if they are noticeably better. If we find out that is the case, hopefully we will be able to fix the tracker or our utorrent clients to match Deluge's upload rate. If we can't however, i'll just go back to using Deluge, and recommend everyone else do the same.

Post subject: Re: Deluge has a much faster & more consistant upload rate?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 am 
Site Admin

Man this is really interesting. I have also noticed the exact same thing in µtorrent as you say. After some time it can slow down a LOT suddenly and strangely it seems to speed up again if you modify the settings a little, change port or so. it has not been really consistant or so so i have allowed it to slip, but now that you mention it too i just know its not a coincident.

I will sure take a good look at deluge. I actually saw you in the ppers list and wondered what client that was.

Thank you for your observation, i will test it and get back here when i have the time!

:)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:42 am 

I too will try.. cause my upload speed SUCKS on my uTorrent :oops:

..::::..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:18 pm 

I've been using Deluge for over a year now and it kicks ass. Best torrent app for linux I find.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:03 pm 
Special

I find that uTorrent can slow my router to a crawl and eventually kill web traffic (DNS lookups in particular). I've dropped the max number of connections a lot and only have 2 upload slots per torrent, but it will still eventually grind down to nothing - takes a few hours of constant downloading/uploading. If I kill uTorrent and maybe wait a minute or two then it will all come back, but occasionaly I have to reboot my router. I'm using uT 2.0.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:54 pm 
Site Admin

Unfortunately I couldnt install Deluge on Win 2k3

It just wouldnt work on that OS.

I'll proceed in testing on XP and/or Linux soon.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:24 pm 
Special

Just out of interest, what was the problem with installing on 2k3 ?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 11:53 pm 
Site Admin

At start of program a command promt opens and then closes briefly and an error comes up, I dont recall the exact error code now, Im sorry.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 am 
Special

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:23 pm 

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next