[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - uTorrent UTP settings (was: Deluge has much faster uploads)

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:38 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: Deluge has a much faster & more consistant upload rate?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:13 pm 
Special

..::::..

Post subject: Re: uTorrent UTP settings (was: Deluge has much faster uploads)
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 10:24 am 

Is defragging a folder with files that are still be downloaded from utorrent bad? I'm in the middle of downloading a whole bunch of files using utorrent. I was going to defrag my comp in the mean time; when I analyze it, one of the folders where the files I'm downloading are going into comes up. I was planning on seeding the files too. Is it bad to defrag the file? SHould I just wait until it is done downloading?

Last edited by bennifera on Sat May 15, 2010 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 11:14 am 
Site Admin

In general newer defrag programs should skip open processes and not interfere.
Defragmentating while seeding doesnt necesarily mean that you will have problems when its done, but the risk exists. RAR archives that are in "open processes" could be "corrupt" after defragmentation if you are unlucky and in some cases the actual .torrent file might have moved after defrag forcing you to reload the torrent.
This is unusual and I have made defragmentatio with lots of processes running myself without getting problems. But to be safe you should avoid that as it's not recommended.

In order to really get a complete defragmentation you should allow as many files as possible to complete download to 100% and also stop running torrents while you defrag.

Next time you have a question that is not related to this thread please start a new topic instead!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:01 am 

How do i get higher speeds on utorrent? I have a cable connection and my speeds on utorrent are shiitty, how do i get fasted speeds?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:06 am 
Site Admin

Make a speedtest to a few servers here http://speedtest.net

Start with a server close to you and then try one further away and see how your ISP holds up to what it promises.

Compare to your speeds in utorrent and then post the results here.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 25 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3