[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Seeding Issue - Bittorrent not uploading?

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:26 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Seeding Issue - Bittorrent not uploading?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:34 pm 

Hi all!

Very new to torrenting (and the MMA-Torrents site) so excuse my possibly dumb question.

I'm trying to get my ratio up and have downloaded a few free leech torrents to get going - specifically some BJJ videos I'm not really interested in, but had low activity so thought I'd be helpful and revive them a bit by seeding.

But I can't seem to get them to upload at all. In my Bittorrent client, even after leaving them for hours and hours, I just see this: https://ibb.co/vJnJNwK
Nothing uploaded. This happens with everything I've downloaded here so far.

Wondering if there's a setting in Bittorrent I'm missing or something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Seeding Issue - Bittorrent not uploading?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2020 6:17 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

If there are no leechers (nobody currently downloading) you will not be uploading either. If there are a lot of seeders but few leechers you might have to wait a while for one to connect to you.

Check out this guide that explains some stuff you might want to know

And the other guides in the forum

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2021 11:23 pm 

Hi there,

I'm having this issue too. I downloaded three popular torrents here, including one "freeleech", and left them as "seeding" for over 24 hours. Seems that despite there being several seeders and leechers connected, not a single byte has been uploaded.

Never had this issue with any public trackers - from them, everything seeds without issue.

I'm running Big Sur on MacOS and it's the same situation whether using qBittorrent or Transmission, or with NordVPN on or off. I've also attempted a number of changes to settings within the bittorrent and VPN clients to see if that'll help (TCP or UDP protocol or both, P2P VPN server, Canadian vs US-based VPN server, etc.) but I'm basically shooting in the dark.

Appreciate any help you may be able to provide - I am anxious to be a good citizen here! :)

Screenshots of my torrent clients showing zero upload:

https://ibb.co/dPnmNvq
https://ibb.co/1JDmK9H

Thanks!

..::::..

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:56 am 

Hey there guys, same issue. I am on Qbittorent, Thought maybe my ISP was not allowing port forwarding so tried using Nord, SurfShark and PIA. Thought it was my Nord so tried SurfShark that didn't work so researched and got PIA and manually opened and forwarded ports. Checked on Can You See Me which showed my ports were open and ISP was not blocking. Entered ports into Qbitorrent which worked but still did not upload. I did also read whilst researching that if there are no leachers then the file will not upload but I'm sure it worked about a month ago. I dont want to download and not give back to the community so have spent the evening and early hours researching but sadly with no joy yet. I will be regulary donating anyway but would love to help by seeding. If anyone has any further info that could help that would be great.

Kind regards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 10:42 am 
Site Admin

Hi,

"if there are no leachers then the file will not upload"

Exactly!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:20 pm 

Just a quick update, after a very long night that went into the early hours and lots of coffee. I did manage to get the uploads to start working. After trying 4 different VPN'S i found one that offered port forwarding that actually seems to work, i had to manually configure it through the VPN providers web page and using the command prompt and a listening service programme called Iperf3 i got the port number and pasted it into qbittorrent and as soon as i did this it did start to slowly upload and seed, im hoping it will speed up at some point as it is running rather slow 7mb in about 15 minutes but there is only one leecher on this file. I am hoping that with a more up to date popular file it may speed up. I may also play around with the config on qbittorent and see how that goes, as for the other download that i am doing it has no leechers so i assume that is why it is sat at 0. 3 off the VPNS did not support Port Forwarding and that is pretty much the reason i believe mine were not moving and lack leachers as mentioned by Dent, there is quite a bit of information on the web about people having the same issues due to port forwarding restrictions with some VPNS. I shall let you guys know how it goes over the weekend after the UFC, i have BT Sports for the UFC but ill give it a try and let you know if the speeds are any better.

UPDATED - After going out for a few hours i came home to find that another torrent has started seeding and i have uploaded 350mb.

Last edited by VincentVega on Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:10 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you for sharing your solution! It will be very much appreciated by many users :)

Sorry for short answer earlier but I was in a hurry in the morning. If you need more help let us know!

To anyone that would like to test it out I can recommend the Cloudflare free VPN it seems to work very well!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:09 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:44 pm 

UPDATED - After a whole day of seeding i am upto 6.5GB - (Problem is that some ISP are blocking seeding & torrenting/Some VPN'S dont enable port forwarding)

(SOLUTION - Get a VPN with port forwarding.)

Hope this helps.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]