[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - 12 of 16 TUF contestants released from the UFC

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 3:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: 12 of 16 TUF contestants released from the UFC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:22 pm 
Special

In an unprecedented move, the UFC cuts 12 of the 16 TUF 16 contestants from it's roster

The Ultimate Fighter, during it's seven years and 16 seasons, has long been a haven of sorts for new and established talent to find a home on the biggest stage of all, the UFC. It has given some fighters the chance to become stars in a landscape where they might not have gotten the opportunity. Now, in an unprecedented, although possibly not unwarranted move, the UFC has cut 12 of the 16 contestants from season 16 of The Ultimate Fighter.

In a recent post from website MMA Junkie, the news of the mass release was detailed.

Twelve of the show's 16 cast members, including (Sam) Alvey, were cut from the organization following its regular-season run on FX.

I recently interviewed one of this season's coaches, Roy Nelson, who had no issues with all the guys not getting an opportunity to fight on the finale, as past seasons have done. He felt that TUF is all about being a contest at the highest level, and if guys are losing. they shouldn't be allowed the perks that the winner's circle is receiving. Here's his direct quote on the topic:

I think what they're trying to do is keep the level of what the UFC is a little higher. If you go into The Ultimate Fighter, and you're just gonna go in there to get just one fight and win ... the premise is to win the whole thing. When I went in, I wanted to win the thing or be cut. You're either going to set out for your goal, or you're not.

Clearly the UFC has limited roster room, especially with the former Strikeforce roster looking for a new home. It shouldn't be surprising that most of the Ultimate Fighter 16 roster didn't make the cut.

Source

Post subject: Re: 12 of 16 TUF contestants released from the UFC
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

I can just say bravo. This will send a signal to future participants of TUF that just hanging around the house wont get you a UFC contract. I felt Dana's irritation over the fighters lack of motivation and/or performance this season and I even expected this. I remember on one episode he said "don't think that just because your on TUF you will fight in the finale" and that kind of made it clear that unless they picked up their game a notch they wouldn't. I felt the guys from The Smashes where much more motivated and serious in their aim to win the show and made a better impression overall.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 pm 

I agree with Dent.

TUF 16 was a really poor series. One of my friends summed it up as "Nothing but tattoos and hair dos" and he was right. The series is going to end up remember for the "LET ME BANG BRO" moment ::scratch::

MMA is a growing sport and the amateur and regional pro circuit is getting better and better each year. There are a huge number of young, hungry, talented fighters working damned hard out there. I'm glad that the TUF contestants haven't got a free ride to the big show on the back of a few drunken antics in the house. If they really are UFC material, then they'll prove it out in the regionals.

....::::::::....

..::::..

You have to test yourself every day, gentlemen. Once you stop testing yourself, you get slow. And when that happens they kill ya.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:54 pm 
Site Admin

Nothing but tattoos and hair dos =))

In all fairness. There where a few really good fights and I did enjoy watching the season, nothing directly wrong with the production, they do a good work. But yeah, weak (some, not all of course) characters.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:06 pm 

Now they can bang all they want.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]