Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Randy Couture And Steven Seagal Talk Fighting Each Other
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:40 am 
Site Moderator

By Chris Howie
MMANEWS.COM Staff Writer

What started as Randy Couture joking that he would come out of retirement if it were to fight Steven Seagal has now turned into a little more as both men have agreed to fight each other, no matter how unlikely it is to actually happen.

Seagal replied via the MMA Hour with Ariel Helwani this week and was completely open to the bout, albeit on his terms:

"I have to wonder what his intentions may have been in saying that," said Seagal. "I always thought that Randy was my friend and a gentleman. I'm kind of confused why he would say that, but I'm here, anybody can find me any time and any place. If Randy really wants to fight me, he can fight me any time he wants"

"It would be for free, and it would be some place where there are no witnesses. I'm hoping it wouldn't get to that, and I don't know why it would come about, but if that's what he wants, he can get it any time he wants."

"I don't play by the rules. I'm sure one person will walk out. I'm a man of honor. I'm a gentleman, but I am a warrior, and if he needs to find me, he knows where to find me."

Couture then replied via Cage Potato, although it wasn't as serious in nature as Seagal:

I’m the one that started the joke as an off-handed comment I made to Jay Glazer — that I’d only come out of retirement if it were to fight Seagal. Obviously now somebody has talked to him about it and it has gotten some legs,”

“I’m not surprised that he wants to do it in private, remote location where nobody could see it happen. Obviously I intended it as a joke. I don’t think it would really happen.”

Source: http://www.mmanews.com/news/90868

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]