[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Bibiano focused on One FC, explains why he didn't sign with the UFC

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:07 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Bibiano focused on One FC, explains why he didn't sign with the UFC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:18 pm 
Special

Owner of two belts of the extinct Dream, in Japan, Bibiano Fernandes wants other title in Asia. The Brazilians is one of the new hires at One FC, event that came up with the intention of waking up the Asian market, and the fighter wants to be a part of it.

“It’s an event that needs to be watched, needs to grow too because that way the competition comes. UFC’s going to win it all. There’s no competition, none whatsoever”, said Bibiano, on an exclusive interview with TATAME. “I guess it’ll grow, I’m sure of that”.

The Jiu-Jitsu black belt is focusing on conquering his fourth MMA title, but still has no opponent set for his debut, scheduled for August 31st. “Oh man, I’ve fought the toughest guys from both feather and bantamweights. I’ll welcome whoever they ask me to fight against. Let’s go to war”, warns.

Red below the complete interview, on which the athlete explains all the confusion about a possible hiring by the UFC.

What are the expectations for your One FC debut?

I’ve fought all my life in Japan. Most of my fans live there. I guess One FC is just an extension of Dream. It’s not Dream, but the guys there have been helping one another at One FC. If you really look at it, you’ll see the guys that used to work on Dream here.

Do you think they learned their lessons and now their gathered to do it right this time at One FC?

One FC is One FC. They hired the good employees from Dream. They picked some people up and brought into their organization. I guess it’s gonna grow. Actually, I’m pretty sure of it. I believe in them.

They releases the date you will debut but not who your opponent is. Do you know his name already?

Oh man, I’ve fought the toughest guys from both feather and bantamweights. I’ll welcome whoever they ask me to fight against. Let’s go to war.

How’s their broadcasting system?

All I know it’s on ESPN Asia. When I finish my fight at the 31st, I’ll call you and tell you what my impressions of the event are (laughs).

Do you think One FC will be a huge success in the Asian market?

It’s an event that needs to be watched, needs to grow too because that way the competition comes. UFC’s going to win it all. There’s no competition, none whatsoever. Even at my weight class, and I hope they hire good fighters in other classes too, but in all light divisions so things are balanced.

There was a surprise when UFC announced you signed in for the Canada event but days latter it was announced they let you go. Days later you said you didn’t even sign that same contract. What really happened?

Apart from family, it’d be a great opportunity for Bibiano, but when you put the family in the picture it’s not worth it. I don’t fight for me. I have people who rely on me. I’ve built what I had to build in MMA. It can be many people’s dream to fight in the UFC, but it ain’t mine. It’s all business to me. I’ve dreamed about being a champion, I earned three belts: one in Canada and two in Japan. If you have a dream, keep dreaming. If you want to fight, keep on trying. But this I’ll tell you: worship yourself otherwise nobody else will. And it’s not only on the fighting business, but in everything in life. People use you, use you, use you and them through you away like garbage.

MMA is getting big in Brazil. Do you want to fight here?

I dream on fighting in Brazil, of course. I want that. I’m an athlete and I like to compete. If it was at my hometown, Manaus, it would be even better. Fighting in front of my family and friends would be amazing but maybe in the future. We carry on and follow God’s plan.

Source:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]