[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Why I Told Anonymous to Kiss My Ass

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:40 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: Why I Told Anonymous to Kiss My Ass
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 am 
Special

Dana White, President of Ultimate Fighting Championship, decided to fight back when hacker group Anonymous attacked his company.

Early this year, after its parent company came out in support of the Stop Online Piracy Act, the mixed-martial-arts promoter Ultimate Fighting Championship was attacked by the hacker group Anonymous. As told to J.J. McCorvey

I was in Chicago for a fight when I found out these Anonymous guys had started crashing our site. During an interview, I looked right into the camera and dared them to do it again. I said, Who do you think I am, eBay? I'm in the fight business. I could give a shit if you knock my website down. Do it again! Go ahead. I dare you!

You're gonna send some pizzas to my house and put my Social Security number out? Who gives a shit? If people really wanted to get your Social Security number, I'm sure they could find it. I'm supposed to bow down to you guys now? I'm going to come after you harder. If you want to fight me, you better pack a f—ing lunch, man. Because we're gonna go until somebody wins and somebody loses.

You should have seen the kind of tweets their Twitter followers were sending me. All these mysterious threats, like, "We're watching you" and "We can find you." I told them, Come find me, you f---in' nerds. Here's my hotel. I'm in Chicago. Come find me.

It was a Twitter war for days. And that's when it gets fun. You get these guys engaged, you get 'em going, and that's when you get the FBI involved. Because there's so much piracy of UFC merchandise, the FBI was already monitoring everything that was happening. But after Anonymous hacked our site, we also got U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, part of the Department of Homeland Security, involved. And it helps when they know when and where the hackers are going to attack. So I put my chin out there, and we knew they were gonna punch it. Two weeks after they attacked me, a lot of them started getting busted. I think we contributed to that.

I stood up to these guys and challenged them when nobody else would. I've got no problem telling anybody in the world that this is how it went down. Yeah, they leaked some info and dropped our website for a couple of days, but I'm not gonna back down to these Internet bullies. If there are people out there who believe that they can steal or make money off of your intellectual property, I don't care who they are. You go after them, guns a-blazin', man. Guns a-blazin'.

Source:

Post subject: Re: Why I Told Anonymous to Kiss My Ass
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:35 am 
Special

For those that didn't follow Josh the God a 13 year old Australian hacker was the one implicated in the series of the events and was among the ones arrested.

Source:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:48 pm 
Site Admin

I said it before and ill say it again, attacking UFC web site and Dana White was and is incredibly dumb.

We have never had any problems with them. On the contrary.

I am personally glad they bust those idiots that are tough behind the keyboard but whimps in real life. Leaves more room for good people on the net.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:22 pm 
Special

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:34 pm 

I have issues with anyone supporting laws like sopa and acta (and incidently joe rogan isn't a fan of ufc supporting this either)...Anyone remembering WWII should not accept this kind of totalitarian bullshit that violates citizens right to product the profit of an industry not willing to adapt to the times...

Also I think the response here was a bit out of balance.....nowadays it seems your better of killing people than doing silly action on the internet.......meanwhile the only actual cyberterrorists, the us and Israel, are left untouched (heard of stuxnet/flame?)

you guys don't seem to understand the reasoning of Dana to support this kind of law is akin to "some jews screwed me so I support a law demanding death to all jews.... (cause if they're all dead no one can rip me off)"

The irony here is that without piracy, the world outside the us still wouldn't even know the ufc existed... as even today I can not get ufc events in my country.....and there's shitloads like mine... they don't mind piracy to make em big apparently, but once they're big they tend to forget what made them big...

Last edited by sly on Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:36 pm 

oh, and I think if you really are cheering a 13yo probably getting screwed for the rest of his life by doing something stupid as a kid (as he's 13!!!!!!!), you have some soul searching to do....

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:45 am 
Special

Speaking for myself I was speaking in more of a generalization of the recent arrests of those hackers arrested, not so much of the 13 year old hacker getting arrested. While true I'm against the SOPA and PIPA acts, I'm just not in agreement that hacking is the appropriate answer to retaliate against businesses. Anonymous claims that they are there for the betterment of the world but I just can't see that. A lot of people out there trying to better themselves first, not trying to "make the world better" as they claim they do.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

I am against SOPA and ACTA, I know exactly what stuxnet etc is and I still stand by what I said.

You can not draw a line and say that everybody supporting SOPA or ACTA are like Nazis and the people that are against it are the Jews. It is unfair.
Everybody has a right to protect their income and property. I am sure we can agree on that. The difference is how you do it. Dana White or Zuffa has not started a war against us here even if they have the economic means and resources. They are probably aware that we serve as an introduction for many new fans and that most of our members actually go to the events, buy gear or t-shirts, and get the PPV's when we can and can afford it. We are not enemies of the UFC. They probably know very well that starting a war against us would be dumb and in the end make them loose fans.

But when someone attacks their structure on purpose, creating problems for sales and in general making the experience for the fans worse, I see it as perfectly normal that Dana and Zuffa protect themselves by biting back as hard as possible. I would do the exact same thing.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 3:28 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

I dont think so but if you are right, then the good part is that this tracker is made in a way that it cant be shut down. :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]