[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson suggests next octagon appearance will be his last

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson suggests next octagon appearance will be his last
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:37 pm 
Special

According to former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (32-10 MMA, 7-4 UFC), his UFC career is just about done.

Jackson on Tuesday wrote that his next UFC appearance will be his last, though he said he'll continue to fight on in some other fashion.

"I feel sorry for my next opponent, no matter who or what it is," Jackson wrote via Twitter. "I will fight whoever they put in front of me – I always have – but it will be my last fight in the UFC."

Jackson fought most recently at February's UFC 144 event, where he missed weight by six pounds and then lost a lackluster decision to Ryan Bader. Following the fight, Jackson revealed that a knee injury prevented him from training at full strength, as well as putting in the road work necessary to complete his weightcut.

He then offered a controversial interview with "Fighters Only" magazine where he admitted to using testosterone replacement therapy at the suggestion of UFC-employed doctors.

UFC officials have yet to comment on the situation, but Jackson said he's nearly done with the promotion, taking a swipe at the UFC payscale while announcing his intentions.

"I have other things on my mind," Jackson stated. "I didn't say I would be done fighting; I just said I'm not fighting for the UFC (u fight cheap)."

Jackson, a 12-plus year veteran of the sport, made his UFC debut in February 2007, following the collapse of PRIDE Fighting Championships, where Jackson became a superstar of the sport. In just his second octagon appearance, Jackson scored a first-round knockout of Chuck Liddell and earned the UFC light heavyweight title. He then defended the belt against Dan Henderson before dropping the title in a contentious decision to Forrest Griffin.

Jackson has since posted a 4-3 UFC record in his efforts to regain the title.

Jackson has long contended he wouldn't fight past 35 years old, and prior to fighting Bader, many MMA pundits believed his UFC 144 appearance could potentially be his final fight.

Despite the losing result, Jackson told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) he was encouraged by his training prior to injuring his knee.

"honestly, before I hurt me knee, you guys should have seen the way that I was training," Jackson said. "I've got really good sparring partners, and I've got this really good wrestler names Tyson Jeffries that kicks my butt, and in this camp, I was kicking his butt. I was taking him down and wrestling got real competitive. That's how I hurt me knee because he's one of the best wrestlers I know.

"I was sparring really good, and I was looking like a superstar, then I hurt me knee. That made me think, 'Oh, man, I've got a lot more time to fight.'"

However, Jackson now suggests if that's true, it may not be with the UFC.

"I don't need them or anybody else negative dealing with my career," Jackson stated.

Source:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]