[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - ESPN Publishes Story On UFC Fighter Pay, Dana White Plans Response

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:53 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]
 Post subject: ESPN Publishes Story On UFC Fighter Pay, Dana White Plans Response
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:37 am 
Special

ESPN.com published an article today questioning whether UFC fighters outside of superstars are paid enough by the Ultimate Fighting Championship. The article's basic premise is it's true fighting in the UFC is the best option for MMA fighters and that popular UFC fighters can make a heft salary. But newer or less popular fighters face a much more grim financial reality. I won't re-hash the entire article, so go read it for yourself. It's a co-authored piece by Josh Gross (who has a contentious relationship with White) and John Barr. There were will an additional video component to the article, which will air as part of Outside The Lines this Sunday.

What's notable is the ferocious response UFC President Dana White had on Twitter today with Matthew Goldstein of The Fighting Post.

Matthew Goldstein (@TheFightingPost) talks to Dana White (@DanaWhite) about ESPN's Outside The Lines video/ESPN.com article by Josh Gross on UFC fighter pay.

Very interesting article about @ufc fighter pay. And you thought @danawhite already hated @joshgrossespn ow.ly/8rtRF #MMA
Matthew Goldstein
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@TheFightingPost @joshgrossespn Josh is a pessimistic scumbag who pitched the story. The beauty is we filmed the interview too.
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@TheFightingPost @joshgrossespn we will air the entire interview as is no edits after ESPN airs theirs! Looking very forward to this :)
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@TheFightingPost @joshgrossespn trust me I have been a part of ESPN hack jobs that's why I don't do those BS shows and why we filmed it
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@danawhite I'm looking forward to seeing both. Certainly a "hot-button" topic
Matthew Goldstein
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@TheFightingPost won't be after you see lorenzos entire REAL interview!!!!
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@danawhite Do you know when the ESPN special is airing? When we might be able to see the interview from you guys?
Matthew Goldstein
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@TheFightingPost in an attempt by gross and ESPN to do a hack job on us we were ready this time!! We are gonna blast these hacks!!
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@TheFightingPost idk I'm in Rio but my stuff is ready to roll!!! I'm excited to smash and discredit ESPN and the piece they did!! So pumped!
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@TheFightingPost can't stand the lying 2 faced media fucks!! So glad we did this one right cause ESPN can NOT be trusted.
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@danawhite On that topic, what's the environment in Rio right now? Thinking it will be another blowout event?
Matthew Goldstein
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@TheFightingPost oh he'll yes!!!
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@danawhite Thanks, Dana. Looking forward to seeing the Lorenzo interview and fights on Saturday
Matthew Goldstein
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@TheFightingPost can't stand the lying 2 faced media fucks!! So glad we did this one right cause ESPN can NOT be trusted.
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@swiftlefthook UFC doesn't mean shot to them especially now that we are on FOX. ESPN has to own and control EVERYTHING!!!
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@UFC_crack_ROCK @thefightingpost same old BS they always do
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@danawhite Have you seen the Outside the Lines footage yet?
Matthew Goldstein
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@TheFightingPost no, I don't have to. I know how they operate
Dana White
16 hours ago
ReplyRetweet

@danawhite Why not have more widely disseminated information on true "all-in" fighter pay to eliminate the questions?

We'll see where this goes. In all of my years of public relations, I did this once. I filmed a documentary film crew who the people I was working for at the time felt had significant impact with their reports and were potentially unfair. Our taping of an interview with the head of my company was taped by me. This had the effect of somewhat mitigating the impacts of the eventual documentary video. Zuffa may be surprised that the videos are more tempered than they anticipate (or maybe not). But clearly they're not pleased about undesirable consequences this report could have.

More on this story as it develops.

Source:

Post subject: Re: ESPN Publishes Story On UFC Fighter Pay, Dana White Plans Response
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 10:42 am 
Special

I think it's safe to say that ESPN the biggest sports conglomerate is slowly turning down its coverage of MMA especially with its new deal on FOX. Jim Rome leaving and the departure of Jon Anik, former news anchor at MMA Live leaving is quite telling. Adding to that it's safe to say that ESPN UK won't be covering the UFC anymore. We'll see how the story develops and if ESPN could even get their credentials pulled out, which seems crazy to me.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 2 posts ]