[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Kamal Shalorus' key to UFC on FX 1 success: Stop eating

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:11 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Kamal Shalorus' key to UFC on FX 1 success: Stop eating
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:41 pm 
Special

When Kamal Shalorus came up in short a UFC-debut bout against Jim Miller, he knew he had to do something to get better.

While the first step was to relocate from Texas to Antoni Hardonk's Dynamix MMA camp in California, the second step might surprise you.

The "Prince of Persia" decided to stop eating.

"I have more energy," Shalorus recently told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio). "I used to eat five times a day on a different diet and was always tired."

Shalorus, of course, hasn't totally shut out solid-food intake, but he's pretty close. Following the tenants of the "Warrior Diet," the Iranian-born Shalorus now eats just one meal a day, in the evening, that typically consists of lean protein, fruits and vegetables and coconut water.

"To be honest, I have more energy and feel much better," Shalorus said.

Shalorus made his name on the national scene in three-round WEC wars with the likes of Bart Palaszewski, Jamie Varner and Dave Jansen. An accomplished wrestler who seems to prefer the striking game, Shalorus was always on the attack and appeared capable of absorbing incomprehensible punishment.

But a third-round loss to Miller at UFC 128 fueled Shalorus to step up his training regimen.

"After my last fight, I got an injury, and I took off for like seven months," Shalorus said. "I changed my training camp, and I'm in California right now training with different coaches, and I'm an absolutely different fighter right now."

Shalorus (7-1-2 MMA, 0-1 UFC) returns to action later this month and faces undefeated UFC newcomer Habib Nurmagomedov (16-0 MMA, 0-0 UFC) on the preliminary card of UFC on FX 1. The event takes place Jan. 20 at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tenn. In addition to the FX-televised main card, prelims air on FUEL TV.

"I moved to a bigger level, a bigger show," Shalrous said. "In California, there are so many fighters that already have UFC experience. Antoni accepted me. They said they could help me in my game. I came here, and they really, really helped me a lot."

Training three times a day and limiting his food intake (Shalorus aids his nutritional needs with supplements and protein shakes), he said he's slimmed down from 188 pounds to 165, meaning his cut will be far less strenuous.

In short, Shalorus' setback has led to a total reinvention, and he's ready to unleash version 2.0 on the world.

"Thanks to everyone – all my friends that support me and believe in me," Shalorus said. "My next fight, I'm going to do a great job."

Source:

Post subject: Re: Kamal Shalorus' key to UFC on FX 1 success: Stop eating
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:42 pm 
Special

That's umm...an interesting diet or I mean "non" diet.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:54 pm 
Special

I also did 4 days of fasting a little while ago, and expected myself to drop down halfway through my workouts, but I did them at least as good as I would normally.
it's of course true that your bloodflow will go more towards the muscles and less towards the stomach, and so will other mechanisms I guess.

but don't know if it's a good long term idea, but he compensates with shakes and suplements, so he actually is drinking his solid food I guess.

..::::..

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:36 pm 
Special

True. Some say that that fasting once a week could be beneficial.

Given that for an elite athlete to compete in an appropriate manner should be able to complete his workouts by fuelling his body. Time to get some Dolce me thinks :P

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]