[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Decision on Strikeforce-Showtime Relationship Imminent

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Decision on Strikeforce-Showtime Relationship Imminent
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:13 pm 
Special

HOUSTON -- The future of the Strikeforce-Showtime relationship is expected to be decided imminently, UFC president Dana White said on Wednesday.

Zuffa co-owner Lorenzo Fertitta was in New York on Tuesday meeting with Showtime executives, and White was scheduled to speak with Fertitta after Wednesday's press conference and possibly learn the fate of the deal.

Showtime has an option to extend the deal past its current end date, which is reportedly in early 2012.

Since Zuffa bought Strikeforce in March 2011, it has taken several key pieces from the promotion to the UFC, including reigning champions Alistair Overeem (heavyweight), Dan Henderson (light-heavyweight) and Nick Diaz (welterweight). White also recently mentioned bringing lightweight champion Gilbert Melendez on board, fueling speculation that the promotion is on its last legs.

"We'll see," White said. "We're still trying to figure this whole thing out. I don't like to speak about Strikeforce that much because I'm not involved with it, I'm not the one doing it. I've purposely taken myself out of that situation. We'll see what happens, but I've got to run my business. If I have to yank him over here, I'll do it."

Fertitta has overseen Strikeforce since the purchase. Asked what he expected, White said he was unsure due to his total focus on the UFC.

"I don't know," he said, shrugging his shoulders. "I don't even want to talk about it. I'm not even involved with that thing."

Source:

Post subject: Re: Decision on Strikeforce-Showtime Relationship Imminent
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:54 pm 
Site Admin

Making sure hes not to blame... hehe.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: Decision on Strikeforce-Showtime Relationship Imminent
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:23 pm 
Special

I've said it before and I'll say it again, keep Strikeforce alive as minor leagues to the UFC!!

..::::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]