[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Diaz blames St-Pierre for loss of title fight

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 2:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Diaz blames St-Pierre for loss of title fight
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:48 am 
Site Admin

Nick Diaz has hit out at Georges St-Pierre for not doing anything to try and ensure their scheduled fight at UFC 137 went ahead as planned.

The pair were scheduled to go head-to-head in an eagerly-anticipated welterweight title fight in Las Vegas on October 29, before Diaz invoked the ire of UFC president Dana White for skipping a number of mandatory pre-fight press conferences.

The former Strikeforce champion was subsequently removed from the main event fight due to his absences - to be replaced by Carlos Condit - before eventually being restored to the undercard in another intriguing fight against BJ Penn.

St-Pierre criticised Diaz's character in a press conference to announce the change to the lineup, but Diaz believes the Canadian could have made sure the fight still went ahead - but chose not to because he was scared of being beaten.

"I really don't appreciate this mother****** sitting there at that press conference and laughing at me," Diaz told MMAjunkie.com. "That's some real bitch ****. He's sitting there laughing like it's funny or something. If I saw Georges on the street and called him a bitch, I bet you he wouldn't do [expletive]. But you can't do that to me. That's not how it works for me. That's something to fight about.

"It makes me mad that Georges is going to sit there and call himself a fighter, but he's not going to stand up and say something about this. He's going to let it ride. I think I would say something. I would at least have said, 'I disagree. I don't agree with cancelling my fight because of some dumbass ****.' Instead, he sat there and said, 'He doesn't have the commitment to be a champion.' What is that?

"I obviously have the commitment to throw my life away. I've thrown my life away and sacrificed everything so that I can fight. I did that. I threw my life away so I could work hard and train and fight. That's commitment."

White has suggested that Diaz was unable to deal with the media pressures that come with being part of a main event fight, but the man himself claims that he was simply unaware of the importance of the conferences he missed - claiming he thought they were pre-fight video shoots that would only interfere with his training.

"I'm not trying to make all these little excuses," Diaz said. "If I'd have known the fight was going to be off, I would have gone to the press conference. I think that people would have gotten me there. I think people would have come ... and gotten me to that press conference.

"I didn't even know there was a press conference. I thought it was some PR thing."

While fans are still eagerly awaiting the two fights they have been left with at UFC 137, Diaz has his concerns about whether the good relationships that exist between the four opponents will really lead to exciting contests.

"Now I'm over here getting ready to fight a guy I know that I was previously friends with," Diaz said. "We're not doing so good right now, but we were friends. Condit and Georges, they know each other. They're friends.

"They're trying to make these fights out of people that aren't even trying to fight. They're trying to make these wrestling matches, and I think it's kind of ridiculous. It's not a real fight."

Source: http://www.espn.co.uk/ufc/sport/story/111196.html

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: Diaz blames St-Pierre for loss of title fight
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:51 am 
Site Admin

/me takes with a pinch of salt

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:32 am 
Special

'He doesn't have the commitment to be a champion.'

Pretty much.

..::::..

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:21 am 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:26 pm 
Special

What's even more weird is that Diaz wasn't driving from the airport thus lying all this time according to Dave Meltzer. You can really sense he suffers from social anxiety. Zuffa I feel needs to invest in sports psychologist - if professional sports teams can do it why not the UFC?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:31 pm 
Site Admin

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]