[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Joe Rogan doesn’t foresee any changes in commentary duties

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:29 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Joe Rogan doesn’t foresee any changes in commentary duties
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:33 pm 
Site Admin

The UFC has taken a giant leap towards making MMA a mainstream sport with their new Fox television deal. With Fox being a dominant figure in televised sports, and having a veritable cornucopia (Yes, I said cornucopia) of sportscasters at their disposal, one of the questions on everyone’s mind, is how will this affect Joe Rogan, the UFC’s lead commentator. TapouT Radio spoke to Joe and was able to get his thoughts on the ground breaking deal, as well as clarify his capacity going forward.

“I don’t see anything changing. I’m going to be doing all the Fox ones with bells on. I can’t wait. I’m fired up.” Rogan comments, regarding his formal duties. He goes on to talk about the UFC’s union with Fox,

“You know, this is going to be the next stage of the UFC. The next stage of mixed martial arts, where it’s going to be introduced to so many people that were just sitting back on the periphery and really hadn’t ever paid attention to it. Once they see it on Fox, with Fox’s promotion behind it…I know the fights the UFC is talking about putting on and they’re gangbusters. They’re going to come out of the gates just swinging, so it’s going to be a crazy, nasty card on free tv, and it’s going to blow the (expletive) up. I think it’ll be gigantic.”

When asked what fight he’s anticipating most, Joe said,

“Sometimes it’s not even the main card or the main fight that everybody else might be looking for. Many times, the main event, to me, is not as exciting as the fights on the under card. You know it’s just because I’m geeked out to see how guys perform when they hit certain levels.” Rogan expands further on the topic by highlighting one bout he’s excited for,

“I’m really excited about Frankie Edgar vs. Gray Maynard III, because just from like, a cinematic point of view, you know, that last fight was so (expletive) dramatic. There was so much going on in that fight. You know Frankie Edgar getting rocked bad in that first round, and it looked so close to being stopped so many times. I mean, you wondered, how does a guy come back from this? I mean he’s getting (expletive) battered, and what does he do? He comes back in the second round and he wins it. And he wins the third, and he might’ve won every round other than the first. And the real question became, how much damage did Gray Maynard really do in the first? That became the debate. How many of the other rounds did Gray Maynard win? So, I’m really curious to see what kind of alterations either guy has made. That one I’m looking forward to, maybe not even stylistically, but just as a story, just as an amazing fight.”

There was some discussion of women’s MMA, and Joe gave his opinion on rising, young star, Ronda Rousey. He jokingly stated,

“Well first of all, she’s way too pretty to be so tough. That’s very scary. I don’t like that. I like my tough women to look like men. I don’t like women who could probably kick my ass to look hot as (expletive). I just don’t like it. That’s too confusing.” On a more serious note, Joe complimented Rousey’s accomplishments,

“All jests aside, she’s very talented and she’s very marketable, too. Even more so, I think, than Gina Carano, because of her championship judo background. She’s a (expletive) badass judo player. For real. Legit. There’s not going to be a whole lot of girls that will be able to mess with that base that she has, and her grappling…she’s nasty. She’s like really high level stuff, she’s tough, she’s pretty, she’s smart, and she can talk, so there’s a lot of money in that girl. ”

For those of you that were big fans of Rogan’s intense reality series, Fear Factor, there is a reason to rejoice. He is currently filming an all new season of the hit show. Joe signed a multi year deal, with the first season weighing in at 8 episodes. Six of them are set to be one hour time slots, with the last two being two hour episodes. Bring on the bugs, and let the games begin!

A variety of other topics were visited, which can be heard at .

You can follow Joe Rogan on his , or you can check out his website (which has an incredible forum) .

Source: http://crooklynscorner.com/2011/08/joe- ... ry-duties/

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]