[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Gracie Wants seven-figures for appearing at UFC 134

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:50 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Gracie Wants seven-figures for appearing at UFC 134
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:24 pm 
Special

Royce Gracie has confirmed that he is looking for at least one million dollars to appear at UFC 134.

Gracie, who won three of the first four UFC tournaments and is one of the fathers of MMA, appeared on Brazilian show Sensei SporTV this week to renew his calls for a spot on the UFC Rio card.

“Matt Hughes in the Octagon in Rio would be ideal. He’s the one I’m after,” Gracie said, hungry for a rematch of their UFC 60 meeting which ended in a first-round TKO win for Hughes. “In that fight with him I’d gone overboard in training. Dad [Helio Gracie] told me ‘That’s a mistake.’”

After the loss Gracie faced some criticism for not having moved with the times and having the same kind of game he had in the very first UFC event, some twelve years previously.

“I’ve been doing Jiu-Jitsu for 44 years. I always kept my mind open to other styles but just to know what I may be up against. I’m not going to learn wrestling to try and take down Matt Hughes,” he said, before outlining his belief that it is better to be deep in one art than shallow in many.

“If I go and train MMA, what does that mean? Training MMA is [for] Kimbo Slice. Can he stand and bang with a boxer? No. Can he put up a good fight on the ground? No. He’s a tough guy, but he’s not good. MMA isn’t a martial art [in itself]. You have to have somewhere you come from, you have to know an art.”

As for his hopes of appearing at UFC 134, there has been no word from the promotion on whether he will be invited to fight, although it doesn’t appear likely as the card is filling up rapidly. Gracie wants a slot badly - but wants top dollar as well.

“Dana White knows what I’m worth; he knows what I bring to the table. Yes, my fight purse has seven digits!” he confirmed with a laugh.

Source:

Post subject: Re: Gracie Wants seven-figures for appearing at UFC 134
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:49 pm 
Special

[-x He Might Get 7 Middle Fingers From Dana & The FerTea-Duz :!: :!: :!:

..::::..

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett
Paulo Filho

Post subject: Re: Gracie Wants seven-figures for appearing at UFC 134
PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:20 pm 
Special

hahaha... dream on gracie...
no one is gonna pay him that much...
especially since he will just get smashed... fast! L-)
i respect what he did but have no interest in seeing him fight... :-t

FUCK YOU AND ALLLLLLLLLLL YOUR BELTS... >=\

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]