[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Antonio McKee Takes Responsibility for Shinya Aoki Fight Not Happening

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]
 Post subject: Antonio McKee Takes Responsibility for Shinya Aoki Fight Not Happening
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 3:50 am 
Site Admin

The only thing Antonio McKee is willing to say for certain is that he won't be fighting Shinya Aoki at DREAM's 'Fight for Japan' event at the end of the month, as was initially planned. As for why, that answer is a little trickier, and one he's keeping to himself for now.

"You know what? So I can fight Aoki in the near future, I'm not going to say anything about it," McKee told MMA Fighting on Tuesday. "I'll just say, I've heard it was because I just had surgery. I've heard there's something wrong with my visa. I've heard I wasn't getting paid so I wasn't taking it. But it is definitely my responsibility that the fight's not happening, and I'll just leave it at that. Because I want that fight, sooner or later."

McKee declined to explain any further, saying he was going to "protect myself and protect DREAM" by not disclosing the reason why the bout fell apart.

Of course, keeping quiet isn't exactly easy for McKee. The 41-year-old lightweight has been known to make somewhat outrageous claims about his own abilities, which he feels were largely unappreciated for most of his career, and recently called the UFC the "new slave masters" after being cut from the organization following a decision loss to Jacob Volkmann in his Octagon debut at UFC 125.

But this time, McKee said, he's resisting the urge to make a media splash on the subject of DREAM and Aoki.

"I'm just going to plead the fifth right now until it kind of cools off. I seem to be a very hot topic right now in the community of MMA, so I got to be a little more careful about what I say. I'm very verbal and I shoot it straight from the hip, but this is a situation where I'm going to shut my mouth because I think that's best for my career."

The next step in that career, according to McKee, is a fight with Rafaello Oliveira at CCF Bushido in Canada on July 23. And once that's done?

"I would like to take the fight with Aoki right after that, if possible," he said.

Source: http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/05/17/a ... t-not-hap/

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 1 post ]