[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - UFC purchases Strikeforce; UFC boss says organizations to operate independently

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 11:02 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: UFC purchases Strikeforce; UFC boss says organizations to operate independently
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:36 pm 
Site Admin

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: UFC purchases Strikeforce; UFC boss says organizations to operate independently
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:22 am 
Site Admin

I will make a sitepoll about this soon. Will be interesting to see what our members think. I wanted to wait a little though and let the news sink in before I put up the poll.

Personally I am feeling more and more positive about the merger/purchase. Its just exactly what I always wanted in a way even if I didnt know it. All the best fighters can fight each other. Really nice! After watching Dana, Scott etc on InsideMMA I defenitely feel even calmer and happier about it then before.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:57 am 
Special

i wonder how M-1 Global feels about this entire situation :?: :?: :?:

..::::..

CAIN VELASQUEZ Wins By Ground & Pound Leaves Brock Lesnar With Tunnel Butt!!!

TOP 13 FIGHTERS
Rousimar Palhares
Chan Sung Jung
Mariusz Pudzianowski
Ryo Chonan
Tito Ortiz
Kazuyuki Fujita
Phil Baroni
Kimbo Slice
Mark Kerr
Charles Bennett
Mikey Burnett
Paulo Filho

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:38 am 
Special

cynical much...? [-x

FUCK YOU AND ALLLLLLLLLLL YOUR BELTS... >=\

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:28 am 
Special

sorry man...
i was just joking around...
nothing you said is true or untrue...
however it is just speculation and opinion...
i just thought its a bleak way of looking at things...
but we are all entitled to our own point of view... :-bd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:52 pm 
Special

im sure some people agree with you...
but i think you will find some people dont...
thats just the way the world works so chill out...
if you dont like mma... then dont watch it... simple... :ympeace:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:41 pm 
Special

I'm with robmafia on pretty much everything.

However Athletic commissions are the ones who delegate judges, and since licenced judges are boxing guys things are the way it is. Also UFC is top league and probably most of the fighters are willing to fight for shit money in hope they will achieve both results and good money. However UFC policy of cutting fighters will give opportunity to small promotions to get some well known names on their cards.

Also Fertitats fucked up SEG with licencing and did same with Big John when he left UFC cos they are main players in business. Why would BJM who is probably most respected referee in MMA suddenly got his Nevada licence revoked as soon as he left UFC?

Current rules are probably to avoid problems with State commissions so compromises had to be made. But that doesn't mean that I like them. TBH UFC has lost some appeal to me and for that reason I very much enjoy watching older MMA events.
UFC has some good matches but overall I'm not getting excited by fights for some time now so K-1 is actually nice alternative when I want to see some stand up.

I hope that Chuck and other retired fighters will try to obtain licences at least in Nevada, where Zuffa has influence, so we'll see some proper judges making decisions. Until then we'll see lots of shitty decisions. Wrestling is national sport in the States, that with combination of boxing judges who obviously rate "octagon control" is getting really predictable. First Lyoto vs. Shogun fight was exception with it's outcome. Regardless of Dana moaning about decisions it's good for UFC cos bad decisions for hyped matches are good reason for immediate rematch which in turn brings more money as fans, or better term would be customers, want to see proper ending.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:29 pm 
Special

dude... forget about it...
its not worth blowing a fuse over...
why do you care what i think anyways...?
youre right... im wrong... plus im too stoned to care so drop it! %-(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:37 pm 

This is total BS. Earlier posts about monopoly are correct.
UFC has totally watered down their offerings because they have too many events. I have said for a few years now and stand by it. WEC was nearly always great, Strikeforce has been having great fights as well. There was a time when I was bummed if I missed a UFC event. Now, not so much. Love the sport, just not Zuffa running every aspect of it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:30 am 
Site Admin

Be nice people. We can have diffferent opinions but still act like grown ups.

I respect any opinion, but present your thoughts in an educated manner and we take you more seriously.

I know from own experience that when you get exited you easily use harsh words, because Ive done it myself. But I try to learn from my misstakes.

Fact is: We dont know what this will lead to. No person here is a psychic or mindreader. So best is to have patience and try to keep a positive attitude.

I prefere UFC running Strikeforce then Strikeforce "crashing" because of bad economics, like Affliction etc. Then if UFC or Zuffa's intentions or buissiness politic doesnt fit everybodys taste I guess it is something you will have to live with. Complaining is not going to change it. On the other hand requesting and asking nicely for things seem to work fine with Dana White. I asked if UFC would come to my country and he said he would seriously consider it. 6 Months later it was announced that they will come here. I have no doubt same thing would not have happend if it was Scott Coker, not because he is a less good person, but because he doesnt have the economic means to promise an event outside of Japan or USA. A personal reason I dont think this is bad at all. Now I might see the fighters from Strikeforce here in my country wich means a lot for me personally.

But as I said I respect any opinions.

Look out for these:

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next