[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - 720p framerate issues

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:54 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: 720p framerate issues
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:59 am 
Special

For the techies out there can somebody help me with an issue that I have been dealing with?
I'm currently having trouble with viewing video files in 720p where there's a problem with the framerate - as in the audio is fine but the picture jumps so isn't continuous. Most common is when I watch NFL whereas MMA/TV/films are fine.

Is there a difference between the framerate of those different sections as described above?

SD NFL works fine of course.

Any help I would gladly appreciate it.

Thanks

NiN

Post subject: Re: 720p framerate issues
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:43 pm 
Special

I download 720p sport events but I haven't had any problems with frame rate. Only time I had problems was when I watched packed files in VLC. Xvid stuff I can watch without problem but 720p can lag and work funny so I need to unpack it first.
Even p2p releases work fine for me, it doesn't matter if it's 25-30 fps or 50-60.
MPC 64-bit is giving me problems with picture and sound occasionally.

Best combo IMO is to have K-Lite codec pack with VLC. Sometimes too many programs and codecs can lead to conflict and problems.

BTW get in touch on skype about NFL, MLB and other stuff. I have something for you :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:37 pm 
Site Admin

Hey bro, can you give me some specs on hdd's, ram and cpu you use pls. It will help me help you :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:11 pm 
Special

Assuming Winderz...

If MPC fails, my fallback is VLC. Less control over the video, but it rarely fails.

If that doesn't work, pull up taskmanager (CTL-ALT-DEL) and in the menu, check "Minimize to taskbar" and minimize it. It'll give you a little visual CPU meter. When watching videos that are jerky, check the CPU meter while it's messing up to make sure it isn't a processor issue.

..::::..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:59 pm 
Special

@mizantrop - sounds good buddy. happy to see NFL coming back and this week end has been sick in sporting content - EPL, La Liga, NFL, F1, boxing, MMA twas good.

@dent 2CPUs 2GHz 3070RAM I forgot to point out that the CPU was near max capacity

@jrhendrix I normally use VLC as my default player. I don't think it's a codec issue as the image and audio comes out fine frame rate aside. and yes the CPU was near max.

I was just curious really. SD is fine but sporting content is much better in HD.
Thanks yall

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:07 am 
Site Admin

My best tip is to upgrade to a fast HDD, maybe SSD if you can afford it. The HDD velocity and load makes a huge difference when playing larger HD files, specially 1080p and even 720p. Second I think that a dual core is not enough to play the heavier files, unfortunately. I had the same problem a few years back and upgraded to a quad core and could play any larger HD file after the upgrade without problems. Last but not least, a good GFX card is of course also important. Make sure your video card supports HD.

My experience is that codecs, video players etc has little to do with the quality of the output compared to the importance the hardware has. Specially HDD makes a big difference. I recommend that you have the video file on a HDD that is not used by system or your torrent client while you are playing it. Make sure you are not playing it on an external HDD as they usually are quite slow.

I hope I was of some help, and good luck :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]