[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] UFC 114 Aftertalk

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 114 Aftertalk
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:43 am 
Special

Feel free to share your thoughts on the UFC 114 Rampage vs Evans event.

Enjoy

..::::..

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 114 Aftertalk
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:05 pm 

All in all a decent event.

John Hathaway really impressed me, it's a fair old baptism by fire when you're up against someone as prolific as Sanchez. Sanchez once again showing that he is as solid as a rock, some of Hathaway's punches should of detached Sanchez's head from his body, but they guy kept coming. A well deserved win from Hathaway. Definitely one to keep your eye on.

Russow got lucky I suppose, well that's not fair; it may well have been the game plan to have 7 shades of sh*t kicked out of him before making a move, but I doubt it. The punch landed beautifully on Duffee's temple by the look of it, was it fluke or a well taken punch? Either way it was a spectacular comeback.

Bisping Vs Miller was a bit of a let down too. I just didn't feel remotely excited at all watching this bout. Yeah there were some decent strikes, but all in all just a bit of a let down.

And of course the main event. I desperately wanted to see Rampage open up some of this real anger and let fly. But it wasn't to be. In the 3rd he was lucky when Rashad went for the take down and he was able to slap him about a bit, his punching was fairly inaccurate and al in all a bit of a mess. Sure "Ring Rust" comes into play I suppose, but I think the bigger factor in the night was just that Rampage was simply out classed. Rashad's speed and agility really won him that fight, his level and intensity of training really paid dividends. I'd love to see a rematch, but Rampage needs to get his head in the game to make sure it doesn't happen again.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:09 pm 

jason brilz got robbed on a shitty decision but im still happy the nog train is rolling.

rampage's ring rust was very evident. i think this fight is way more even when there is a belt on the line or after rampage has a few more fights. but rashad dominated him last night.

really bummed for amir sadollah. i really wish you could knee on the ground to stop all the boring lay and pray positions. though kim dominated him as well.

all in all a fun pay per view that had me thinking i was in the twilight zone with all of the decisions on this card.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:06 pm 
Special

Pretty boring card. I had trouble staying awake. :P

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:26 pm 

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:50 pm 
Special

I almost picked all the fights wrong on that card :lol:
It was great to watch though,
I was really impressed by all the guys on the card.
Rashad evans! :twisted:

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 10:39 pm 
Site Admin

Preliminarys where as good as rest of fights, if not better. Overall a pretty exciting event with all the fuzz and the audience being pumped, but mainevents where not as spectacular as one might have hoped imo. I must say that I did enjoy it a lot though. Maybe i was in a good mood or the event was pretty exciting after all. Specially after watching the prelimns I was superpumped to watch the rest.

I was also surprised about Hattaway. I picked Sanchez in that fight but after seeing the fight i wont underestimate Hattaway again.

I would have prefered to see Rampage win but after all Im happy he isnt the one thats going to get his ass massacred by Shogun and that makes me happy :)

Diabaté impressed me a lot. I would like to see more of him soon.
Duffee either had the worst luck on earth or Russows head is made of wood lol.
Sadollah looked like hes on his way out, i hope he sharpens up because i like his style in general. But that was a very mediocre takedowndefence.

Night of decisions... :mrgreen:

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 11:11 pm 
Special

I don't agree that it was a boring event. There were some great fights and yes a few boring ones as well.

The most boring one was probably our Judo expert Kim. Still it was a fascinating one to me. I did pick Kim in the competition because I expected it to be a ground match and concerning game plan he did well. There is always that punch that he can get yet he managed to use that against his opponent very well untill the end of the round.

Most funniest fight was probably Duffee vs Russow. When I saw Russow it reminded me of Wes Sims. He got tested many a times but he just did not fall down. I picked Russow for his ground game as well but also Duffee did not go down, untill suddenly Russow landed a punch, followed by another and it was lights out for Duffee.

The most discussed fight will probably be Nogueira vs Brilz. I too would have thought Brilz won this fight and already calculated a loss in my pick. To mu surprise he won by split decision. Sure the match was close but I still think Brilz won 2 rounds.

The most disappointing fight for me were Bisping vs Miller and the Prelim Cane vs Diabaté. It would not come as a surprise that I picked these wrong but Even though Bisping won fair he just did not impress me that much. Sure at times he had some moments and his take down defence was pretty well but he had a big mouth before the fight and did not show it in the cage. The other fight was just two slow guys fighting eachother. No wonder this was a prelim fight but Cane was announced as one of Brazilians best. Haha sure.

I do have to mention Guillard. Great take down defence and then a great way to end the match. Impressive but to ask for a title shot is just a bit too much and sounds like science fiction to me.

Last fight I wish to point out is of course the main event. Rashad was just outstanding. He was quick on his feet, great on the ground as well and put his money where his mouth is. Sure Rampage lost some weight but except for the last round, where indeed Rashad tried to take Rampage down and lost his balance and got a few punches, Rampage did not really have anything to say. I just think Rampage got overwhelmed by the speed of Rashad and well the first punch also had a nice ring to it.

Overall a good event in my opinion with a few surprises and tough battles on every aspect of MMA.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 3:29 am 

I thought it was a good ppv and Jason Brilz did get robbed.

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 8:24 am 
Special

Not a great event for my picks.....think I got 6/11......I did pick Hathaway though; thought hed be too big and strong for nightmare.

Dissapointed with Rampage. After he shook Rashad in the 3rd he had the chance to swarm him and put him away, and he just rested. Had nothing left to give. Bit of a let down really.

Bisping was solid, but Millers game plan was awful.

Duffee, oh dear....I think he was just so physically exhausted by that point that it didnt take much to put him clean out.

Lil Nog. Like many I picked him to win, but he was lucky. Brilz won that fight.

Luis Cane, I thought would come back from his last KO and start banging people out again....not so poor guy got done worse than last time even...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next