[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Fight training: help on stretching.

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:36 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Fight training: help on stretching.
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 7:53 pm 
Special

Hey guys I wondered if you guys have experience with this,
I'm sure some of you are competitors in fighting sports.
I started doing Judo and Bought a heavy bag like a year ago.
But whenever I get really active on that, like punch and kick hard for like 30 minutes in a row, like I did this morning, I get a painfull back, it seems like my muscles put to much force on my spinediscs, like they the muscles left and right wanna pull my spine toward their side. this stuff lasts at least for half a week, and doesn't really go away untill i stop punching the heavy bag for like a week.
As you guys might know allot about this subject I would like to know if you guys know some excercises to help to extend/untighten your back musces a little bit, I do this excersise where I lie on my back and pull my knee to my opossite shoulder, it stetches some back muscles, but the pain doens't really stop comming. I also take cold and warm douches to get the acid out of my musles, but it seems to be a flexibility problem.
After Judo I also get those pains sometimes, as throwing a heavier opponent putts allot of pressure on your back.
Of course I Googled back stretching and stuff like that, but I don't really know what excersises to select.
As you guys here are kinda sport specific I guess you guys might give me (and perhaps others with the same problem) more specific help which helps when you do these specific activities.
Well I hope you guys understand what I'm talking about, and would love to hear your help.

Thanks allot

..::::..

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

Post subject: Re: Fight training: help on stretching.
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:42 pm 
Site Admin

Hello mate.

Backpain can be very irritating and is quite common. I think few people have not experienced some kind of problems or at least temporary pain in the back and know how much it limits your moveability.

My experience is that if you train your whole body, make yourself stronger in general, your body can work a lot more and harder before you feel any pain or feel uncomfortable. Specially if you train your shoulders and back you will possilby get rid of any pain or problems in that area as the stronger muscles reduces the stress on the discs etc.

The best back stretch exercise for me personally is simply grabbing something with both hands, a metal bar or anything solid that will support all your weight. Grab it with both hands in about chest-height in a way so that you have your thumbs up and with your feet placed together, slightly closer to the thing you grab then your shoulders and slowly move your back up and down and backwards in a slow movement that strecthes the spine in a very comfortable way.

(lol sorry best I can do)

It's quite hard to explain exercises by writing but i digged out some back stretch excercises someone else had written previously.

I hope that you can find them useful :)

Stretch #1

1) Lie on your back with knees bent and your feet flat on the floor

2) Place your bands on the back of your thighs and pull your legs toward your chest

3) Pull until a gentle stretch is felt

4) Hold for 15 seconds

5) Return to the starting position

6) Repeat 10 more times

Stretch #2

1) Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor

2) Keeping your back flat on the floor, rotate your hips to the left, lowering your legs down to the floor until a gentle stretch is felt

3) Hold for 15 seconds

4) Return to the starting position

5) Repeat 10 more times

6) Keeping your back flat on the floor, this time rotate your hips to the right, lowering your legs down to the floor until a gentle stretch is felt

7) Hold for 15 seconds

8) Return to the starting position

9) Repeat 10 more times

Stretch #3

1) Lie on your stomach

2) Prop yourself up on your elbows extending your back

3) Start straightening your elbows, further extending your back

4) Continue straightening your elbows until a gentle stretch is felt

5) Hold for 15 seconds

6) Return to the starting position

7) Repeat 10 more times

Stretch #4

2) Push the small of your back down and into the floor by tightening your lower abdominal muscles

3) Hold for a count of ten

4) Return to starting position and repeat 10 more times

Stretch #5

2) Push down through your feet as you slowing lift your bottom up off the floor

3) Hold for a count of ten

4) Return to starting position and repeat 10 more times

Stretch #6

1) Kneel down on the floor in an all four position on your hands and knees

2) Curl your back up toward the ceiling like and angry cat

3) Hold for a count of five

4) Return to starting position

5) Pull your stomach down to the floor hollowing out your back

6) Hold for a count of five

7) Return to starting position

8) Repeat ten more times

Stretch #7

1)Sit in a chair with your feet flat on the ground

2)Curl your neck, upper back, and low back forward until your chest is on your thighs and you can touch the ground with your hands

3)Hold for a count of 10

4)Return to starting position and repeat ten more times

Stretch #8

1)Stand up straight with your arms at your sides and your feet shoulder width apart

2)Bend your trunk sideways to the left while sliding your left hand down your thigh and reaching your right arm over your head

3)Hold for a count of 10

4)Return to starting position

5)Now bend your trunk sideways to the right while sliding your right hand down your thigh and reaching your left arm over your head

6)Hold for a count of 10

7)Repeat above 10 more times

Source: http://physicaltherapy.about.com/od/fle ... rcises.htm

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:00 am 
Special

Thanks allot for your great help DENT,
Im gonna try that imidiatly
and your paint skills are superb :lol:

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 7:50 am 
Site Admin

:mrgreen: Im a real Da Vinci

glad to be alble to help :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]