[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] UFC 117 AFTERTALK!!!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:55 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] UFC 117 AFTERTALK!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:02 pm 
Site Admin

How can you lose when you have Steaven Seagal in your corner :P

Seriously that was a fantastic main event, I was so impressed by Sonnen and rather surprised and I could never ever imagine that Silva would PULL IT OFF in the end :D

WOW great action and I smeall a rematch! Im sure up for watching it. It was really awesome to see Silva getting forced to pull out his last energy and finish it off in the last minute!

The rest of the event had some good fights too.

Fitch slightly more fun to watch then usual, Struve kicking ass, lol hes hardcore, and with all the action in the end its easy to forget about the fantastic opening fight JDS vs Nelson, a really good fight too. Nelson has a chin of stone lol.
AND I was specially super impressed by Hughes, that was one of the cleanest and best fights of the whole night!

Ah and Guida, wonderful performance, love that guy!

GREAT EVENT UFC !!!!!

Time to watch prelimns ;)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 117 AFTERTALK!!!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:14 pm 

just wow :o :shock: i shall sleep wake up and collect my thoughts

ps.dont bother punching roy in the belly your not actually punching much just a layer of fat man protection.

..::::..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:46 pm 
Special

I knew Silva would do something crazy to win. And I wanted Sonnen to win lol.

Favorite Fighters:
Alistair Overeem, Kenny Florian, KJ Noons, Miguel Torres, Brian Stann, Donald Cerrone, Carlos Condit, Shane Carwin.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:28 pm 
Special

Man what a sweet event.

Silva vs Sonnen: I was sitting there watching the main event in total awe. I was totally amazed at how effective Sonnen was on the feet and Silva seemed to have no answer for Sonnen on the ground. I was surprised that Silva wasn't even really trying to sweep or get back to his feet when he was on his back, he seemed content to lay there and get beat up. What a way to win the fight by submission after taking a beating for 4 and a half rounds.

I picked Silva in this one 1-0.

Fitch vs Alves: This fight pretty much went how I expected it to go. Fitch looked much improved on his feet and once again showed he is a beast on the ground controlling the fight and beating Alves up.

I picked Fitch in this one 2-0.

Guida vs dos Anjos: Guida looked good in this fight. It looks as if his stand-up has improved since moving to Jackson's camp, as his technique and movement was much better in this fight. Guida may well have just gone from the grinder to the finisher; breaking dos Anjos' jaw in the 1st round.

I picked dos Anjos in this one as an upset 2-1.

Hughes vs Almeida: Matt Hughes really impressed me in this fight (sorry GSP). I was expecting Almeida to come out and destroy Hughes. We didn't get to see very much as it ended almost as quickly as it started, but Hughes' stand-up looked good and we all know he is skilled on the ground. Interested to see who they match him up with next.

I picked Almeida in this one 2-2.

Dos Santos vs Nelson: Man Nelson has an iron chin. He took some huge shots from Dos Santos. I was sitting on the couch thinking man at this rate Dos Santos is going to run out of gas before this guy goes down. Nelson put in a valiant effort, trying to control Dos Santos against the cage, and countering with some big shots of his own. The story in this fight was Dos Santos' speed, movement and conditioning.

Love the Dos Santos quote after the fight on Nelson's toughness "This guy is tough, incredible" :D

I picked Dos Santos in this one 3-2.

Overall this was an awesome card, and my mates weren't able to watch this one so I had to fork out the $40 by myself, but I'm glad I did.

“He who attacks must vanquish. He who defends must merely survive. "

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:50 pm 

I haven't watched the prelims yet, but so far I'm looking good to win me some gigs!

I expected Silva to win a lot better than he did. The problem Silva has is the same as Machida - they are counter-fighters. If you wait for them to come to you they either do a Silva and do nothing, or a Machida and get reckless. The one thing you never really want to do against them is bring it.

I knew Sonnen couldn't knock out Silva after seeing the shots he just ate with a smile in the sparring session he had at the end of "Boxing for MMA". My question was whether Silva had the ground game, and I think my fears were confirmed, despite the last minute sub (which wouldn't have happened if Sonnen had waited half a second more.) At least he clearly struggled to stay off his back, and despite attacking, he really wasn't getting anywhere.

JDS would have smoked anyone without a granite jaw and a redneck brain :P Nelson didn't quite have the hands to take the fight and so it just became a matter of time.

Fitch was a no-brainer after the weigh-in, but I didn't think Alves could take it even before that happened.

Matt Hughes is an asshole (IMHO) but he is an incredible fighter. The only guy who has his number is the guy Rogan referred to who has two under a minute submission victories via guillotine over Hughes. I'm kind of surprised no one else figured it out.

The Guida fight was the only one I bet against my opinion. I'm a big fan of Guida as a fighter, and I put my money on him simply because he enjoys the fight as much as I do. He can also pull out victories you never saw coming, so in my mind it's always even odds, so why not bet for my favourite? :)

Struve (the only prelim I've seen so far) is another guy I like simply because he pulls out the come-from-behind victories, as he did here again. Those legs are so dangerous because he can wrap them around anyone's neck no matter how high they posture up. It was a crack up watching him bend almost in half to talk to Fertita (I think?). :D

Anyway, it's 3 here and I have to work in the AM so I'll come back when I get a chance to see the rest of the prelims.

I still think I've got at least 9... and who knows... maybe a clean sweep :)

-

Oh by the way, it wasn't the punch that broke dos Anjos' jaw. It was the head kick in my opinion. That was the most beautiful Thai style counter I've ever seen. He stepped back and let dos Anjos' head kick go by, then stepped forward and answered with the same kick right at the moment dos Anjos was vulnerable. The fact dos Anjos didn't go to sleep right then and there shows that his jaw might have broken, but it's definitely not made of glass :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:37 pm 
Special

^^ I thought it would have been the headkick that broke his jaw, too, but they sure pulled out a good replay which showed his jaw looking very dodgy - if the kick had already broken it, then that punch must have seriously hurt!

Yeah, like everyone else says, what a great night of fights - every one of them was action-packed and exciting. I went 5-1 for the fights shown, so I was happy with my picks, too ;-)

Sonnen actually looked amazing and I would have been happy for him to win - I was shocked at how little Silva could get going off his back (even after having seen Sonnen crush his last two opponent's in the exact same way, I still fancied Silva would be able to get more going on the floor) and he just wasn't given the time to get settled on his feet either. I was shocked at the 1/1.5 punches that staggered him though - did not expect that at all. Loved how hard Sonnen pushed him and how deep he had to dig inside himself just to stay in the fight. I'm not normally one to say this, but... Rematch, please!

Fitch/Alves went down exactly as I always knew it would as soon as the fight as announced - and it was almost a certainty after Alves failed weight and it was clear he'd been having issues. Pity he'd be so short for a MW.

Guida looked too tentative in the first round, but then once he got his takedown and gained some confidence he really stepped it up. Finding out about the broken jaw explained why Dos Anjos suddenly looked half the fighter he had been in the first round, but he still gave a really good performance for an up-and-comer.

Struve pulled that fight out of his ass! Up until that point it was an outstanding UFC debut for Morecraft. Great end to the fight.

Hughes was my favourite for his fight, but I didn't think it would end like that. Great performance. He's still a twat though...

JDS looked decent, but not the amazing champ he's billed as. Good performance and clever presence of mind to slow the pace before he blew himself out - looked like he came extremely close to doing that. Like Rogan kept saying, he needs to show more than just some awesome uppercuts and hooks. Nelson looked good also, but clearly took too much damage in that first round and never really recovered. His shots were sloppy and his punches were slow and winging. One tough fat bastard though! I'd picked Nelson in this fight, so was a bit of a bummer to start the event, but it was still a great fight.

Overall, I'd say at least a 4.5 out of 5, quite probably even a 5.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:48 pm 

I don't think i put my picks in but it was an amazing event either way. I thought that the main event would end in a triangle days before after re-watching the Babalu and Maia fights i had just about lost all hope tho. It looked like it was over for Silva in the first while watching it. He said his ribs where injured idk if that was just an excuse for getting beat on for pretty much 5 rounds. I was very surprised at the amount of times Sonnen caught Silva with a nice shot, made me wonder what Vitor could do. He showed the heart of a champion for sure, i also loved how he thanked nogeira BJJ and wore his belt and gi to the ring.

I wasn't the biggest fan of Fitch's blanket style so that fight didn't appeal to much to me. Big Country surprised me with his chin and i feel he showed JDS's weakness in his boxing defense. While he jabs he doesn't have the best defense all about attack you can time overhands over his shoulder onto his chin all day imo. His offense is amazing and without a doubt he has one of best uppercuts in MMA. Hughes looked great and i wish he would get back in there before next year. I never liked Almeida's fights to much and ever since he beat Kendall Grove i wanted to see him sleeping so that was satisfying to me. There was alot of great fights on the undercard i haven't seen can't wait, all in all great event.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:04 pm 

Wow what an event!!!

JDS is mean man, but showed hesitation after not being able to finish a tired Roy Nelson.

ONLY 1 QUESTION: how JDS can win over Velasquez/Lesnar?

I hate to watch Fitch and the likes... so god dam boring... sure wrestling, grappling and BJJ is a huge aspect of MMA, but it is still a fight and in a fight you must fight, wherther on the feet OR ON THE GROUND!

Silva vs Sonnen! Coming in to the fight I was yelling to everybody about how Silva was going to win and dominate.

Then it happened, he got controlled... I was coming up with excuses like "is the fight fixed? is Silva bribed? does he want to fight? is it a strategy to wear Chael out?"... then he slapped a triangle, plus an armbar! just WOW man... how awesome is that...

10+/10 UFC 117!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:27 pm 

How it pisses me off, when people say silva was payed not to fight for 4 rounds. Its utter BS, he got dominated and couldn`t do shit, sonnens control is THAT good. Go back to the gym, and train bjj defense you bastard and win the belt in the rematch! If someone is going to do it, it`s you sonnen. But props to silva, he truely is a champion, I thought he`ll give up in the 3 or 4 round [ in between], but he stayed in there and caught a tired chael sonnen.

As for the rest of the card.
JDS, he proves once again he has the best hands in HW, yet that`s the only thing he has in the stand up relm. Takedown defence - excelent, but Lesnar and Cain still takes him down.

Houghes, well his still in there.

Struve, wow a Brock Lesnar deserving comeback.

Fitch, grinded it out again, I want to see him aginst Shields, to prove who whos the real nr2 in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:40 pm 

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next