[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] Strikeforce Heavy Artillery - AfterTalk!!!

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] Strikeforce Heavy Artillery - AfterTalk!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 3:46 pm 
Site Admin

Feel free to discuss, break down, review, critisize or just chat about this event here :)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] Strikeforce Heavy Artillery - AfterTalk!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:57 pm 
Special

Great event. I loved it.

Especially because it had different kinds of action and no brawls or so after for a change :D

Overeem was indeed living up the his nick The Demolition Man because he demolished Brett. The way he got Brett on the ground showed so much power and that ground and pound, WOW.

Finally a Gracie that showed why the name Gracie is well known in MMA. Really impressive grappling and great knee to start it. Also his stand up was not bad.

The Bigfoot did well also. Was not the easiest opponent but his game plan was well worked out and he stayed calm.

Joey unfortunately could not do what he is best at, even though he landed some punches and his escapes from the ground were done well. Great take downs by Souza but I did not see why they were talking about him being so well at submissions. Might have to look at Gracie a bit more. Good win from him though.

Britt started out well but then he received a nice beating. Yet another great fight.

All I can say is Strikeforce great work and Fedor meet Overeem soon so you can get a Dutch whoop ass :D

..::::..

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:25 pm 
Site Admin

I really liked this event! In my opinion Strikeforce/CBS had corrected a lot of small misstakes from last event and even the commentating was good. I enjoyed almost every minute of it.

All the fights where entertaining. I was impressed by Villaseñors defence. Before the fight I thought it would be an easy fight for Jacare but it wasnt. If it would have been a 5 rounder noone knows what could have happend. Looking forward to a possible rematch in the future.

Bigfoot also impressed, I did think he was gonna win that fight but I had no idea he would win the standup! I felt sad for Arlovski though. He put a lot into his training and I expected him to look a little better on his feet.

What impressed the most was without doubt Overeem though! Loved how he threw Rogers for a spin and then just dominated him. Fedor vs Overeem has been a dream matchup for me for a long time and I cant wait to see that fight. More exiting then Carwin vs Brock in my world.

Overall Im very happy with this event and glad Strikeforce could pull it off without problems :)

Also made this wallpaper, enjoy!

http://www.mma-torrents.com/img/wallp/w ... e_reem.jpg

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:30 pm 

Yeah very interesting event. Can't wait for Ubereem vs Fedor. I have to say I really dislike Strikeforces commentating team.
Mauro is good but I prefer him as the sidekick (ala Pride FC as Bas the main man and Mauro as his sidekick). I think they should
replace Frank Shamrock with Pat Miletich he just seems more professional and I like him more. And I really dislike Gus Johnson
the man still loves the EliteXC guys. He was like he was attending a funeral when he interviewed Alistair after the fight. And his
questions seem like he has written and trained them beforehand and doesn't really be spontaneus or get the crowd going. I think
Bellators team pretty much beats Strikeforces broadcasting team. They should definately improve their production. The fights were
entertaining.

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 7:54 pm 
Site Admin

I really agree that Bellators commentating is better. I also dont like Gus too much even though he has sharpend up a little.
If you think that sounded like a funeral, watch him 3- 4 big events ago,
he sounded like he was the corps on the funeral but now at least he manages to sound somewhat positive.
Pat M. would be a good replacement, and personally i have nothing against Quadros either.
But I was refering to compared to earlier events, i thought they where rather entertaining and didnt speak at the same time and actually commentated allright.
After watching Mike Strakas interview with Shamrock I like him a little better then i used to so im not gonna complain about his commentating, think it was allright :)

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:03 pm 

i am looking for the title of overeems entrance song now, lol!!!! i liked it a lot...
:lol:

-George St-Pierre
-Gegard Mousasi

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:46 am 
Site Admin

M-1 Global: Fedor not looking past Werdum, but open to fight with Overeem

Challenge issued; challenge accepted.

Mere hours after Strikeforce CEO Scott Coker said he would need to sit down with M-1 Global officials to determine if a potential blockbuster fight between Strikeforce heavyweight champion Alistair Overeem (33-11 MMA, 3-0 SF) and perennial top-ranked fighter Fedor Emelianenko (31-1 MMA, 1-0 SF) might be possible for later this year, those officials have answered the call.

And according to M-1 Global executive Evgeni Kogan, Fabricio Werdum is all that's standing in the way.

"As we've mentioned in the past, Fedor fights whoever is put in front of him," Kogan today told MMAjunkie.com. "If Overeem is presented by the Strikeforce matchmakers as Fedor's next opponent, then that is who Fedor is going to fight."

After defeating Brett Rogers at Saturday night's "Strikeforce St. Louis: Heavy Artillery" event, Overeem made it a point to call-out the Russian heavyweight in his post-fight speech, as well as again in the evening's post-event press conference.

Coker was quick to point out that such a bout could only be arranged with the blessings of his business partners at M-1 Global, who own Emelianenko's promotional contract.

M-1 Global now seems receptive to that possibility, though Kogan said Emelianenko simply can't focus on that opportunity at this time with a June 26 matchup with Werdum in San Jose, Calif., on the horizon.

"At this point Fedor is choosing not to look past Fabricio," Kogan said. "He is in the most intense part of his training camp in Stary Oskol right now and would like for it to be known that he is focused 100 percent on Werdum.

"The camp considers Werdum a very strong and dangerous opponent – as Fedor's brother found out a few years ago – and all attention is currently on June 26 and San Jose."

So it appears, as least for now, that Emelianenko's Showtime-broadcast bout with Werdum is all that stands in the way of a matchup with Overeem. It's a bout that makes sense for the organization, makes sense for the fans, and apparently now makes sense for M-1 Global.

"I thought [Overeem] won in very impressive fashion," Kogan said. "We respect Alistair as an opponent and think that this would be a great potential matchup."

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:28 pm 
Special

Would be fun if Werdum beat Fedor :D If that happens Fedor will hardly have anything to say about opponents, or more likely M-1 because I doubt Fedor decides anything

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:14 pm 
Special

Sup guys

Loved the event, like jrpepaseed said when we were watching, Rogers looked scared from the staredown....rabbit in the headlights - perhaps the Fedor KO played on his mind more than we might have thought.
The Reem did as I expected though I thought it might last a bit longer.

Arolvski looked poor. I picked him as I thought his speed would be the key.
But he didnt look good at all, and Bigfoots standup, expecially his speed and footwork has improved a lot. Good performance.

Jacare dissapointed to be honest, whereas Gracie looked excellent. Be interesting to see gracie against a higher calibre striker though, someone with arms less than 9" shorter than his :)

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 8:42 pm 
Special

Best strikeforce event without Gina Carrano ever.
Ubereem continued what he always does, no sub or ko agains this big man thouh
Guess Fedor will have a nicer finish, with Ubereem on top :D
commentating still sucks, although i have respect for Shamrock after watching Fighting words.
But yea, Bellator is a much better organized promotion.
But Strikeforce still is a biger name, and has bigger name fighters.
M1 says fedor will fight, so we will see it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Favourite .. FIGHTer: Chan Sung Jung
Best looking FIGHTer: Michelle Waterson
Best retired FIGHTer: Bas Rutten
Best P4P ... FIGHTer: Anderson The Spider Silva!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 14 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next