[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] Strikeforce - Nashville

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:55 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: [SPOILERS] Strikeforce - Nashville
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:31 am 
Site Admin

Post anything on your mind related to this event HERE:

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] Strikeforce - Nashville
PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:55 pm 

I think the worst beating anyone took was Mayhem at the end there. What the hell happened!?

..::::..

Looking for a top rate seedbox at discount prices? http://dentoo.info/shop

"A Jose Canseco bat? Tell me you didn't pay money for this?" - Raphael to Casey Jones in TMNT, 1990.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:06 pm 

This could have been a great event. I was really looking forward to it but it ended up being one of the most boring cards I've ever seen and i thought after UFC 112 it can only get better. I didn't even see the mayhem beatdown at the end anymore because I turned it off 30sec before the fifth round was over. Mousasi dissappointed be bigtime. Lawal didn't do much too. Melendez wouldn't throw his hands. Aoki scooping on his butt. Only thing exciting was the first round of the hendo fight until he gassed and Shields had the mount for like half the fight and couldn't do shit to Dan. Overall I expected much more out of three title fights.

"the difference between our sport and theirs is that they all need one ball to play, we need two. And they better be made of steel!"
-Renzo Gracie

I had a guy saying to me "I can bench press 600 lbs", I said "I can knock you out" - Bas Rutten

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:44 pm 

my thoughts exactly ^

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:11 pm 

I second that notion... ^ overall mousasi and henderson disappointed me most.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:08 pm 

Yeah, I agree that this was a pretty weak card. Mousasi dissapointed big time .. ran out of gas quick .. hendo almost finished it but gassed as well .. i don't know why melendez thinks he's top 3 .. I don't and there is plenty of competition left for him in other orgs ...

the brawl at the end was funny ... poor mayhem haha .. he's a goofball and walked right into a jumping .. best part was once it was all over he didn't have a scratch on him walking around like "oops" haha . It doesn't help though when the announcer said "Well these things happen in MMA, with all the testosterone"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:29 pm 
Site Admin

I must confess I enjoyed somewhat the first fight. As I wanted Mousasi to win I was on needles waiting for him to explode and finish Mo off. Big dissapointment when he didnt. I never like when a wrestler lays on top of another fighter for 5 rounds. Who does?

Rest of the event was even more dissapointing. Not that there was anything really wrong with the fighters in the Ayoki Melendez fight but the fact that nothing really happend. I was a little surprised when yamazaki immediately stopped the fight as soon as Ayoki started to scoop. Not that i blame him for that but he could have made it clear after the first time that he wouldnt allow it insted of making halfhearted stoppages.

Last fight was just painful to watch. The stupid brawl by the end reminded me of when i was 15. Embarrasing. Mauros idiotic comment about mayhem sounded even more unprofessional then his normal slander.

Cant wait for Bellator and WEC. There you have some quality fights and good commentating!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:57 pm 

You hit the nail on the hammer dent. Mauro looked like an ass almost condoning the jumping. I don`t see how a `wheres my rematch buddy`should incite a jumping, Nate Diaz throwing kicks. Lawal`s gameplan seemed to work i was waiting for him to get subbed the whole fight. Aoki vs Melendez was only boring because Melendez was cautious and rightfully so. Even when Aoki was on the ground didnt really threaten the cage nullified his rubberguard. I thought the Hendo fight woulda been over in the first, i think it`s great shields took the win on his last fight good for him now he might get some good money if he goes to UFC as StrikeForce MW champ who just beat Hendo. Would love to see Shields give GSP a dose of his own medicine, the UFC needs Shields for 170 division im getting sick of GSP, and as far as his striking goes seemed to be doing pretty good against henderson.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:05 pm 
Special

Mousasi Vs. Lawal was ok. I liked the fact that Mousasi still was able to hit a lot from his back position but that was basically it. Take downs were ok as well but I guess that was also because Lawal was heavier (at least he looked a lot heavier than Mousasi).

Aoki Vs Melendez was a bad fight. I looked at the stats of Aoki before the fight and heard about his submissions and thought well this could be a nice fight but I did not know his stand up was this awful. Can't blame Melendez because he did what he had to do, but man I believe Aoki threw like 17 strikes during 25 minutes. If there was no fence in the cage he would have probably walked into the crowd. That is how far he was leaning back.

Shields Vs Henderson started very well and I though yeaha. Then Shields grabbed the ankle and from that point the fight became a sticky ground match full of nothing. The punches were mostly powerless and I just don't like those kind of fights at all.

So basically tactical fights that were good for the winners but bad to watch and very bad for my picks.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:32 pm 
Site Admin

I would also like to see Shields vs GSP. And I dont have anything against the idea of seeing him against Anderson Silva either. At least he seems to know how to pull off wins over really good fighters.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 29 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next