[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - [SPOILERS] UFC 111 - St. Pierre vs. Hardy Discussion

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:02 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: [SPOILERS] UFC 111 - St. Pierre vs. Hardy Discussion
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:52 pm 
Site Admin

Time to say something "intelligent" about this event.

Over all a very good UFC event. The upset being the Carwin win over Frank Mir I would guess. Apart from that, surprise or not, here where not really any other big surprises though and that toned it all down a little.

GSP vs Dan Hardy

We all knew that GSP probably would win, and how he would do it too. So even if you where for or against Dan Hardy, that fight came off as a little dissapointing I think. GSP did nothing special, and Hardy did nothing special. Off course there where some amazing moments during the fight, most of having to do with Dan Hardy's extended arms lol. But not much for 5 rounds. Personally I have nothing directly bad to say about the fight. I would have loved the upset if Dan Hardy won, by KO for example, but I dont have anything against GSP either. I consider him a great athlete and I feel he deserves all the respect in the world. That said I actually like Dan Hardy even more after this fight and I respect him more then ever. When you think about it, in my opinion, he made a lot better impression on me, and probably on GSP too, then BJ Penn did. Penn ended up swimming in his own blood and Im sure you remember that he actually looked like he wanted to quit the GSP fight several times. I saw nothing like that in Dan hardy's eyes. I rather think that the problem was, just like Dana White (who I also love btw) said, he lacked takedown defence and thats it. There is nothing wrong with his standup, or even his groundgame defence considering the submissions he was able to excape, but now he knows what to work on. I see a bright future for Dan Hardy. He doesnt seem to be the kind that gives up easily ;)

Mir vs Carwin

I like Mir, at least I think I do. But man, Carwin is a rock. Not much I can say about the fight. Dissapointed at first but later happy. I much rather see Carwin get a shot then Mir loose a third time to Brock. I hope Carwin KO's Brock in first round!

Jim Miller vs Bocek

I was so HAPPY! I picked Jim Miller in the comp and this fight might have been one of the fights I enjoyed most of all on the card. Back and forth and finally my guy won. W00t! Awesome action.

Diaz vs Markham

Why is Nate not on the main card? Grr! I love the Diaz brothers fight style. great fight, I was impressed. Rory Markham didnt look bad, hes a good fighter and I like him, but Nate was a dominator! Go Diaz!!! :mrgreen:

Palhares vs Drwal

Palhares is an idiot and he should have been fined and not just suspended. Who gives a shit about a few months suspension when you just won an UFC fight? It's not like he has to get money soon. Also, he is a black belt for f*** sake and he knows exactly how that lock feels. I think he is an idiot and it's not the first time I notice. take his winning money give them to Drawl and suspend PaulHarris for a year. Just my personal opinion.

Pellegrino: fun to watch, great fight happy he won
Fitch: He would be perfect in japan. Not sure why but hes just not so fit for UFC audience

Regarding rules and refs etc

Guys dont overanalize the fights. Its so easy to say that the ref should have done or GSP thought this or that, but the truth is in that cage everything happens so fast and there are so much on stake, so many nerves and so much adrenaline i dont think that they always make the same decisions that they would have if they where allowed to think about it. And often they are acting on instinct rather then intelligence. Off course they are the pros, the refs and the fighters, and you expect them to be next to perfect but they are only human just like us. The important thing should be in my opinion that they go back and look at, discuss and think about the controversial things that might have happend during a fight and make sure they have a clear opinion and know what they should do next time a similar situation occures.

Overall a very nice event with some great fights. Audience wher great but I also hate the booers. never really got that part. Next time instead of booing, you go into the cage and show us somethig better yourself sucker ;)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4