[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - BAD NEWS: My dumbass destroyed my MMA partition :(

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:48 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: BAD NEWS: My dumbass destroyed my MMA partition :(
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:37 pm 

I did something really stupid and basically lost all my MMA. My favorite linux distro came out with a new snapshot release recently, so i decided to start messing around with Arch Linux again. I have a drive in my PC that had not been used for quite some time, an old drive that is good for a linux install. Basically I carelessly made my way through the installer, not paying close enough attention to which drive was designated sda/sdb/sdc, etc. I fucked royally up by confusing my storage drive for my linux drive on one of the setup screens, leading me to format the partition that I am using to store my MMA before I realized my mistake. The good news is I caught my mistake before I destroyed the other partitions on the drive, so I manged not destroy the thousands of dollars worth of .flac files I've bought from beatport.com, as well as a bunch of documents with personal info.

In the end I lost all my MMA and Anime. I'm really lucky I didn't lose the several hundred gigabytes of lossless music I actually paid money for. That stuff is irreplaceable, i can't re-download it from a p2p network. I apologize to everyone in the community for making such a knuckle-headed mistake. Now I just have to think about how to re-build my collections, and also about how to afford getting another 2TB drive for backup. I don't expect to make this mistake again, but hard drives can and will fail, if that were to happen I would lose all that other stuff.

Post subject: Re: BAD NEWS: My dumbass destroyed my MMA partition :(
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:10 pm 

No offense, but can I ask what your failure has to do with us (MMA-torrents.com community), not that I don't feel sorry for you, it's just that I just don't understand why we should know this...

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Sorry to hear that noobicide. Maybe you can use a recovery program and get some of the stuff back.

This reminds us all to make backups of our most important stuff often because it could happen to anybody!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:04 pm 

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 9:42 pm 
Site Admin

Im really happy that you got it sorted. Good that you told us about it, if not for anything else, we might have been able to help you recreate your collection.
But now all is well that ends well :)

Congratulations!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:05 pm 
Special

Nice work getting it sorted. Anyone who hasn't had a very real, or even just projected, panic about losing lots of stuff in this fashion probably doesn't have enough stuff in their collection. I feel your "phew"! :)

Now hopefully next up you can sort out that eye-wateringly painful avatar!

..::::..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]