[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - G'day Mates

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 6:43 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]
 Post subject: G'day Mates
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:22 am 

Crikey isn't this a beauty of a forum, looks freakin sweet mate.

Strewth where's me fucken stubby gown. Any sheila's here know how to pour a 2 finger head with a frosty cold VB?

Well, I'm Django, name refers to Django Reinhardt the man in my av, I'm not a fucking shithead wannabe DJ.

I'm new to the tracker, stumbled across the irc channel and spoke with Jonny Muzz, Dragonfox, Dent and Minowaman over the past week or so and they all agree that I'm awesome. Fortunately for you forum goers I decided to sign up here. I'm a long time MMA fan and martial art enthusiast. I'd probably kick your ass irl, but, if you did manage to hump my leg take me down and beat me up with gnp or submitted me I'd get me friends onto you and you'd never be heard from again, that's just how I roll.

Anyways... aside MMA I like jazz, fingerstyle/classical/flamenco/bossa nova guitar, classic - psychedelic rock & blues. I'm an accomplished musician and intellectual heavyweight. I like quality European (English, Belgian & German) ales/microbrew, gastronomy and downloading shit, well when I'm not out drinking pubs dry and rooting hot Aussie chicks in the arse on the beach. I'm kind of an enigma in how I manage to be a shining example of an Alpha male in an Affliction hoody, jorts and thongs (jean shorts & flip flops for you dumbasses) yet still be able to operate as a cultured gentleman with sterling conversational skills and witty repartee.

Seriously though good to see some MMA people fucking use phpbb3 with the dark themes that don't need to be stripped of ads and skinned in stylish for FF to avoid retina raep. God mma.tv and sherdog are fucking terrible forums, sherdogs vbulletin sucks unless you strip shitty elements from it and mma.tv is just a pile of framed shit coded by total fucking retards.

Post subject: Re: G'day Mates
PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:10 am 
Special

Django Reinhardt. Legend, and quite incredible how he could play like he did with that left hand.....Literally unbelievable.

Not really big into that whole gypsy jazz sound though.....Im more of an ornette coleman dude...

mastering engineer here btw :)

And I think you'd be surprised that your 'enigma' is not as rare as you think...

Welcome to the site bud...

..::::..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:57 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:39 pm 
Special

Welcome to the site dude, glad you like the forum too. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:21 pm 
Special

Just about to watch a film, so will write a proper reply 2moro, but in the meantime, you might dig this blog...it may well already be in your bookmarks given what youve talked about so far.... http://djangology.net/

PS: In the UK, flip flops are called flip flops....thongs are something entirely different :shock: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:25 pm 
Special

So anyway, yeh I pass thru the IRC channel when I can...

My grandad used to play drums in a big band that travelled around the UK a lot...Geoff 'Sticks' Sides was his name....got some cool old pics somewhere....tried finding him on Google but no joy... :lol:

Im not really into that sound too much though. I have a heavy bias across all genres of music to the more leftfield and experimental side, though I dont for a minute think that Bitches Brew is a better album than Kind of Blue.

Am definitely into my horns though. And I love a lot of free jazz / avant-garde; Sun-Ra, Ornette, Ayler etc.

But also heavily into beats - used to run labels and write drum and bass, before it degenerated into pseudo-trance, and have a big passion for proper breakbeat manipulation.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:56 am 
Site Admin

Good to have you with us Django :) I am sure that you will have fun here and also that you will be a good contributor to the community, you have already showed that to be honest!

Welcome!

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:15 pm 

subvertbeats: My grandfather's a Yorkshireman, played guitar in a country and western band in country Victoria after the war. For some reason, I've never asked why, as a bloody pom his musical tastes were all Yank country. I love Johnny Cash but other than that I don't have much interest in the genre. My grandmother was the source of Jazz inspiration, she loves Django and I grew up listening to ABC radio with all those 30's/40's classics. Mum was a Beatles chick. I was into extreme metal through teens to mid 20's, (thrash, death, black and shred) although was never one of those closed-minded "metal heads". I always dabbled in learning/composing other genre's, jamming & playing with muso's of varying styles and listened to a broad range of stuff from classical, jazz through classic and modern rock to some electronica, although I've never been really big on synthetic music or percussion, outside of percussive guitar. Honestly though, I don't mind drum and bass - industrial more than avant-garde :lol:

As well as just musically maturing and becoming more drawn to clean guitar tones, it was that stagnant mind set of your typical metal head and scene whores that made me tire of it and have no interest in any metal related music projects. I just want to do my own thing and unless I find like-minded competent musicians and a hot chick that can actually sing I'm content to learn until I can hang on lead with these old cats in their 50's - 60's that play manouche in this rotunda in a parkland.

Last several years I've been focused on learning standards, both manouche and straight jazz, working on my fingerstyle, trying to develop my own style and material from a blend of flamenco/bossa nova/mali blues, on electric love playing Hendrix style to heavy/shred blues, funk as well as minimalist radio friendly pop and classic rock. I'm the typical guitarist, too much on my learning plate, never satisfied. I have all the software to compose and record backing tracks and all I do when I fire it up is practice over downloaded backing tracks and record my own riffs into small loops to solo over, put the guitar down and try and build the backbone of a song with ezdrummer and the like, 5 minutes of listening to drum beats I've got the guitar back on my lap and I'm working on/playing something totally different.

Dent: Cheers mate, cool site, lotsa nice people here. I'm more than happy to contribute both to the tracker and to the forum posting news etc. Forums a bit quiet but it's a nice change of pace from all the larger ones full of noobs and trolls. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:21 am 
Site Admin

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:57 am 
Special

I think the last few months the forum is becoming more and more active and we do our best to keep this up.

The structure is a bit clearer now to more people, so this was a good change to do. Also we keep getting more and more members like you, obskewer, Vocalistssp, Larmore, bvandietpepsi and some more that like to post stuff. Thank you people (also of course the ones I did not mention).

Could still be better of course but some people rather read, some people are busy with training or work and some like me have too much free time at the moment but seem to be all around the internet doing our best to make things, break things to make it better, chat etc.

Feel free to do your best to contribute to our creations, enjoy it and we are happy, I think that is our main goal :)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 10 posts ]