[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Help regarding seeding (PLEASE HELP)

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:58 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Help regarding seeding (PLEASE HELP)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:58 pm 

Hey everyone,

(not sure if this topic is in the right section - sorry)

ive only been around here for a couple of days, ive downloaded a ufc event(104)(it was the fastest download ive had in a while btw), and i obviously wanna give back and seed as much as i can. I've had utorrent on for a couple of days, the torrent says it's seeding, but at most times its actually inactive.. and when it is active, the upload speed is like 2kb/s...is that normal or??? My port is forwarded (Im pretty sure), i just don't know what i've done wrong. How i can fix this and seed quicker and have a good upload speed. I've read the FAQ and still cant seem to figure something out.

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Help regarding seeding (PLEASE HELP)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:21 pm 
Site Admin

Hello metalpurist!

Please tell me if you experience this problem uniquely here on this tracker or in general. Do you also download from other trackers and are you experiencing same problem there?

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:38 pm 

I seem to have the same problem,My connetion is on 24/7 almost and most of the time I see almost no activity on seeding,max a couple of kb/sec

and its only for the stuff I found here,checked it after finding this post.
everything from TPB works fine strangely.
I really dont like/understand computers, so I tought it was only me doing something wrong again.. :oops:

sorry about my english, hope I made my self understandable :)

..::::..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:48 pm 

Hey man, now that i think about it, i've experienced it before. I used to seed my downloads from demonoid, they used to be slow, like 10-15kbs, but never 2kbs..

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:02 am 
Site Admin

TPB = 100000000000 users
mma-torrents = 4000 users

Its normal that you get less leechers leeching from you here, hence lower upload speed.

I would not use public trackers like TPB if I where you. Try to find a good private tracker invite.
Mostly for your own security.

ps.
And whatever you do DONT upload anything released here there. if we find out = ban directly.

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:56 am 

I wouldnt even if I could, I like this tight place, if your in your in,mess upp and your out.
only the nice ones last :D

dont know nothing about invites and such.

streaming is no problem saftey wise ? watching it that is?
I can stick to streams :P
thanx for a quick reply.
just looked at utorrent and se that now it seeds at a nice 50 or so kb/s :)
got 10/10mb connetiion so it seems little but its more than 2 :)

as said before, I´m happy to find the "any" key :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:08 am 

Last edited by OU8121832 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:24 am 

I do keep torrents seeding long, only got 80gb HD so now and again I have to throw stuff :(

but I know my ratio has been up on 60 something,but then something happend :(
and I´m happy as long as I can stay above 1.0
but staying online and seeding popular stuff like (dream 12 now) 24/7 for at least a couple of weeks should gain more ratio then say my drem 11 that got to 0.5 while it was downloading, and then stopped dead?

some of the stuf I download just dont seem to upload enough for the nubber of leechers it has.

I feel like I´m just confusing myself and mabye others now,is it clear what Im trying to say?
It´s late here and I´ve been drinking a little..:)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:21 am 

Alright let me make it clear for myself, so basically when there's less people leeching, the upload speed will automatically be low??? If thats the case, then im fine, cause im gona seed nonstop, i dont really turn my computer off.
sweet thanks admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:15 pm 
Special

A few things to consider:

- Many broadband connections are asymmetric - the doewnload speed is often faster than the upload speed - so you should never expect your uploads to be as quick as downloads if this is the case (eg at home my download link is 50Mb, upload is only 1.6Mb)

- When a torrent is first uploaded, lots of people want to download it. If you are one of the first to download it, there will still be lots of other leechers trying to download the torrent, and you're upload speed will be higher (within th elimits of your broadband connection).
If you're late getting to the torrent, most other people interested in it will already have downloaded it, so you can leech it easily and quickly, but then will notice very little, and slow activity on your uploads as there simply arent many people trying to leech it anymore

- If your ratio is going low, consider donating at the very least (2x deal on upload credit this week for mma-torrents birthday celebrations), and possibly getting a seedbox (thoroughly recommended)

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 12 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next