[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 384: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4785: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
MMA-Torrents.com Forum • View topic - Viruses

Forum is open for all, Tracker is invite only. Please use same username as on both when you register...

Username: Log me on automatically each visit
Password:
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:17 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
 Post subject: Viruses
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:08 am 
Special

Hey all,
In the past two months, my computer has been infected with trojans in using torrents. It happened again a couple of days ago, and I got rid of uTorrent out of fear.

I want to get uTorrent back and resume seeding/downloading, but wanted to ask all of you and make sure MMA-Torrents is free of trojans and viruses. I've never had any problems with MMA-Torrents since I've been here, and just want to know for sure. I'm thinking it has to do with MiniNova, considering that the trojans/viruses came while downloading two different things from there.

Any help/assurance would be appreciated! I miss seeding/downloading from this place :?

Post subject: Re: Viruses
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:55 am 

You can be sure that this place is virus free, we have an own interest to keep it so.
It is a problem when you download things from open trackers, where you don`tz know the uploaders and so on. Look here in this place there are always the same poeple who upload things and they do there best to keep there system clean. So don`t be worry and start downloading and seeding from tis place.
Enjoy your stay here and have fun with us....

cya

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:15 am 
Site Admin

Larmore. Send me a PM and I will invite you to a private good tracker so that you dont have to worry about these things.

Viruses are many times hidden inside false keymakers and cracks, very seldom on video files. And uploaders are constantly scanning their discs on their servers to make sure we dont have any kind of corrupt files. Even the webserver we are on is monitored. There is no risk in downloading from serious, closed private trackers as they are controlled and all uploaders are under observation. And to tell you the truth, most uploders here are good friends of eachother without any interest in making anything negative at all for any member here :)

Best way to stay virus free and the best protection is to use your own head. Dont download stuff that you are not 100% sure that it isnt a scenerelease or a trusted source. Be careful with applications, keymakers and cracks. Sometimes its better to use a program like sandboxie or even VMware to create an isolated environment where you open files you feel less sure about. Google to find more info.

For ultimate protection I recommend :

the free antivirus AVG (download it for free from http://download.com )
Windows firewall
Your own brain

Use them wisely ;)

Looking for a seedbox? RuTorrent, qbitTorrent, Deluge and Transmission included in all packages! Unlimited torrents, unlimited transfers!
Perfect for both beginners and professionals. Watch the files directly in your browser without downloading or download to your device, up to you!

To get a recurring 10% discount on all seedbox packages use the PROMO CODE: mmatorrents

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 2:50 pm 
Special

Thanks for the support, guys! I'll start seeding/downloading again. I am convinced downloading from MiniNova is what infected my computer, as I've used MMA Torrents for most of the year, and have never had a problem before. I am done downloading from public trackers, and will stick to private trackers. I am more than happy with MMA Torrents, as well as a few other private trackers I use.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]